main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Nov 2nd - Big Screen, Big Party - The TorontoLine IMAX party ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I should be able to make it, might be a bit late though.

Sabrina
    deadlines...eeeeeevil deadlines

2. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Nyla, if you can get to Finch station I can give you a ride out there. Would give me a chance to get that Clone Helmet to you finally too. :)

I've PMed you my cell number, since I don't know how often I'll get to the boards or MSN over the weekend while I'm back in TO.

3. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

size matters not videos does anyone have "honey i shrunk the kids?" i LOVE that movie!! and its all about size not mattering...well..it mattered..but in the end it was cool being microscopic.....

4. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Sadly, I`m without a car this weekend, otherwise I`d drive everyone up there...

:p

5. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Public transit is available to get to the Tragic Homestead. It's a long journey (about an hour and a half from Yonge & Bloor), but it's an easy one. Transfer from TTC to Miss. Transit and ride one bus the whole way. The homestead is but a couple blocks from a bus stop.

email or PM me if you want directions.

6. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
  7. Imperial_Lackey

Imperial_Lackey Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    An hour and a half from yonge and bloor? i live on university and dundas! thats like an hour and 40 minutes :)!!! man oh man

8. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    I come to work early today to use the internet...log on...the boards look really...weird all of a sudden...and then I find out there's a BIG party and I'm working...of course...poop.

9. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    An hour and a half from yonge and bloor? i live on university and dundas! thats like an hour and 40 minutes!!! man oh man

lol - the killer for me was going to and from the line at Yonge and Sheppard. Rush hour bumped that little journey up to two hours. If you're one of those lucky people who have no trouble reading on a moving vehicle, I highly reccommend taking along a book.

10. Imperial_Lackey

Oct 6, 2002
    The reading is not the hard part, sitting down on the wonderful TTC subway seats is. Man, so i go to St. Patrick' to bloor, bloor to yonge, yonge to finch, and finch to Misissauga?

11. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I've PM'd you directions of how to get here by way of transit. Anyone else who needs to know the way, don't be shy - email or PM me.

Well, I've returned from the video store with an armload of fliks. Of course, if someone brings along something that better fits the theme, we can dump one or all of these in a second. Barring anything good that someone might bring, our lineup for the Tragic 'Size Matters Not' filmfest is:

IMAX: T-Rex Return to the Cretaceous
    Godzilla vs. Mothra
    Top of the Food Chain
    JAWS
    InnerSpace
    Ghost World
    Yojimbo
    Rosemary's Baby
    Ghostbusters

I know the link to the theme is pretty weak for some of these, but all are really good -- or so horrible they're good. A fun time to be sure.

I grabbed an Epic Duels from Wal Mart this week, so all your gaming needs are covered. We'll also have Dr. Lucky and the usual pile of other fun stuff.

See folks tomorrow at two.

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    oh..i wanna see Yojimbo..haven't seen one Kurosawa film! ack ack ack *cough* zonk.

but, I'm not sure if i'll be able to make it..cold/flu has stricken me and as of now, it doesn't look to good...I'm done for. You go on without me. No sense in risking yourselves on my account.

I'll see how i feel in the morning.

13. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Now what kind of talk is that?

Take some cough medicine and a few tylenol.

Quickly now; The long line is on the move...

;)

14. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

sweet Jeebus, I've always wanted to see Top Of The Food Chain!! I caught a few clips during an interview with the director while it was part of the '99 film festival but couldn't get tickets to the actual screening... wasn't aware that it ever came out on video.

No Yojimbo please, I already have plans to see it theatrically on Monday! :p

15. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    I am happy to say I will be attending and I hope to arrive sometime in the late afternoon (like 4:00ish)as I have some worky worky to get done before go-go.

If you are lucky I may even bring some Krispy Kremes MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I could bring the Clone Edit too on VHS.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Robin T.

16. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Kewl. Let's see some edited clones....

17. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    "No Yojimbo please, I already have plans to see it theatrically on Monday!"

Where? What time?

18. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

AGO Cinematheque, 630 monday. the restored criterion print.

19. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

hey tragic, i just PM'd you about needing directions-by-car... i mightnot be able to make it 'til mid-to-late afternoon

20. Imperial_Lackey

Oct 6, 2002
    Man o' man those are some directions.... well if i leave now, and take into account the time dilation caused by light speed travel, i should there at around 8.....

21. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    In the aftermath, I have much thanks to be giving...

Thanks again to Tragic and Tracy for having us there. Good times, good food.

Glenn, I thank you for the lift. When that old girl goes and I'm behind the wheel again, I'll return the favour. ;)

Darvin; Thanks for the "edit" copy.

Nice to meet some more of the Niagra group.

Ken; That R2 simply rocks. I've got to get my own!

In closing;

Wil;

"Hey Artoo?"

R2-D2;

"Beep warble."

Wil;

"Command mode."

R2-D2;

"Boop, beep beep."

Wil;

"Disco mode."

R2-D2;

*Moves and beeps to Creature Cantina theme*

22. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    It was nice to see you all again. :)
    I'm not going to name any names, but let's just say, I think someone needs to get out more, and watch Ghostbusters less... :eek:

23. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Its too bad I missed it, but Im having a good time here in montreal, even won 1st in costume contest at Imax, not bad for a borrowed costume. Gota large anikin figure, it dont move or anything but its realistic looking. Got a movie canister that held reels 5 & 6. now its mine, no film included darn it. Bought a nifty item in the auction at concept... a bottle of romulan ale and its blue, not pepsi blue, but a darker blue with the romulan logo on it, I volunteered at concept, volunteered for Imax, now we are all at a lan party, I dont care for those games but what they hey, see you all soon. -dan

24. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Perhaps CranieAmidala, perhaps.

Or perhaps, there are those that are blessed with a photographic memory.

And besides, that movie was a school yard topic when you were still making a mess in your crib...

25. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Touche, Wil! Hahaha! (How's your shoulder, btw?)
    Nice to see you all again...Godzilla and Ghostbusters were never so much fun....you rival the MST3K gang, you do!
    Thanks again to Rob and Tracy, you never fail to be the quintessential hosts, and make us feel like family. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.