Provo Nov./Dec. activity

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Nov 3, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Edit: So I thought we might try one general holiday-themed activity for November and December since everyone's out of town and/or has finals for much of both months.

Question is when? I'm thinking early December, possibly around the 14th?

-Mia
  2. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, if we do it before Thanksgiving, I've got a fun food/craft activity where we make chocolate/gingersnap/candy corn turkeys. It's easy and cheap.

I can do it pretty much every day except for the 23rd and 26th.
  3. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't think I will be able to make it this month. I am going to be busy with my job
  4. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    What would you guys like to do for one big general holiday-centered activity?

-Mia
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Costumed Christmas caroling?
  6. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you guys want to even though we just did a costumed thing?

-Mia
  7. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'd actually prefer it not be costumed.
  8. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, my confusion didn't come come through in my comment there, cause... well, especially if there's snow and stuff, and yeah. But caroling might be super fun, and then hot chocolate and treats and a movie after?

-Mia
  9. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Ooh, yay, that sounds fun! We need a Christmas-y movie, like . . . "While You Were Sleeping"!

Dana
  10. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you guys still want to do caroling? Or we could do the LotR marathon for our Nov/Dec. activity.

-Mia
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOTR might be a bit long for an activity, plus I am totally up for it, but we should get a consensus that everyone likes it.
  12. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know there will be more than you, me, and Dana who are actually going to try to stay for the whole thing. ;)

It's because it IS so long I'm wondering if it might suffice for the activity.

-Mia
  13. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm thinking we'll do something next week for an activity, on one of the reading days. Maybe a hot chocolate/hot drink sampler thingie with a Christmas/holiday movie. Maybe carols?

-Mia
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, that could work. :)
  15. jedi_master_boy Jedi Knight

My wife gave me permission to offer our place up to host an activity, whether it's a resurrection of the extended LotR marathon or something else.
  16. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Actually, this Saturday is a LOTR marathon at our friend's house, so resurrecting that idea might be slightly redundant. I like the caroling notion.
  17. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sorry about the LOTR thing, guys; I've come down with a cold. So I really didn't feel well on Saturday. That snow didn't help; I was snowed in all weekend 'cause it just kept coming down.

I don't know what'll happen for this weekend, I'm currently without a car; instead, I have a big champagne coloured, car-shaped piece of modern art sitting in the driveway. :rolleyes:
  18. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    So, are we doing anything?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby