main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Nova Squadron: Hidden Threat (OC Squadron)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_padawan_leigh, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Title: Nova Squadron: Hidden Threat

Author: Jedi_padawan_leigh

Genre: AU, OC Squadron, Adventure

Summary: Set soon after Rogue squadron goes after Iceheart on their own, a transmission is received by a small outward planet, asking the NR for help. With the majority of the NR fleet trying to find warlord Zsinj, the provisional council reluctantly decide to send ?Nova Squadron? a green squadron of pilots, fresh out of training to tackle what they assume to be a small conflict. Which soon ends up being much more then it actually is.

Characters: OC?s, Hobbie Klivian, Wes Janson and others

Disclaimers: I wish I owned it but I don?t. It belongs to the flannelled one.

Notes: This is my first FanFic *Looks about nervously* so I?m sorry for any errors it might have. I started writing this during a slow period in college and I?m fairly new to the x-wing books. So be please be gentle :)
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

?This ladies and gentlemen, is not good?

General Cracken said as he paced the room in front of the conference tables. Mon Mothma and Princess Leia Organa shared exasperated looks, Admiral Ackbar sat across the room looking downtrodden and Borsk Fey?lya?s fur rippled so that anyone who knew Bothan body language could tell he was one angry politician

?Thank you for the understatement of the century General?

Fey?lya growled as he followed Cracken with a violet stare. Cracken stopped and ran a hand through red grey hair. It had been a week since Rogue Squadron has resigned because of objections to rescue the prisoners of the Lusankya. Ysanne Isards personal prison which was actually a star destroyer hidden under Coruscants surface. Ever since the resignation, it seemed like the whole of Coruscant was looking for answers to why. Holonet Journalists were constantly trying to get hold of new republic officials for interviews and General Cracken seemed to be always at the brunt of it all. Princess Leia was also being hounded but after Han Solo and Chewbacca threatened the reporters they started to leave her alone

?Which leaves more for me to deal with?

He was driven from his thoughts when he heard Admiral Ackbar speaking across the room to Fey?lya

?You must understand Councillor Fey?lya. I am not defending Rogue Squadron in any way mind you, but you must have known what kind of reaction the pilots would give you to be told they can not save people that helped one of their own. One thing I know about Wedges people, is that they are very loyal to their allies?

?Loyal!? Ha! Admiral, they abandoned us during an already fragile period for the new republic. We have a world just barely fighting off a deadly virus, a warlord on the loose and they swan off on their own with one X-Wing and a corellian freighter to rescue prisoners!?

?Another thing is that the rogues are resourceful. They will find a way to do it regardless. Doing the impossible is what they do best?

Mon Mothma said as she rubbed her temples. The senator from Chandrilla looked towards the two men sitting at the back of the room. Hobbie Klivian and Wes Janson sat next to each other, Frustration and weariness were etched on their faces and it looked like they would rather attack a Super Star Destroyer with depleted weapons than be sat there in the meeting. Since Wedges departure, Hobbie and Wes had been called away from their jobs, training new squadrons. Because of the strong ties between Wedge and themselves, the council thought it would be useful to have them there.

?Well gentlemen, do you have anything to add before we adjourn the meeting??

Wes stood up and shot a dirty look at Fey?lya and eyed the council with a hardened stare, but it softened as he came into eye contact with Leia. Usually Janson was seen as the Joker, a fantastic pilot with a love for Ewoks, Wes was someone you could turn to when you needed cheering up or a good laugh, even if you sometimes were on the rece

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Chapter 2

Princess Leia sat in her office, looking through reports that an aide had delivered. Reports on the Krytos Virus. The deadly virus that Isard had released on the planet was being held at bay, but just barely. To make matters worse, the small supplies of bacta they did have was slowly going dry. She put her head in her hands a rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She looked at the chrono on her desk. It read 10.00. one hour thirty minutes till the start of another meeting. She let out a deep breath and stood up from her chair. She walked over to the office window, watching the traffic in the skylanes

?The old republic used this planet as its basis for everything. The senate, The Jedi Order. And now that?s its free again, why do I have the feeling that its not going to last?

?Because you?re forever focusing on the negative?

She spun around to see her brother, Luke Skywalker standing on the other side of the desk. He wore his usual black attire and cloak, his lightsaber peeking out from it folds.

?Luke! What are you doing here? I thought you were finished investigating the items in that Jedi museum?

She said as she came around the desk and gave him a hug. He smiled at his sister and released her before taking a seat

?Almost. The items in there uncovered some interesting leads and I?m planning to search them out. But first I wanted to see how you were coping. The Rogues resignation have hit everyone pretty hard?

Leia motioned towards the reports on the table and sat down next to him

?I?m doing alright, I wish I could say the same for everyone else on the council. I mean, I know Wedge and the Rogues??

Luke cut her off with a wave of his hand

?Leia, I was asking about ?you?. You?re constantly putting others before yourself?

?Luke, I?m a representative of Alderaan and a New Republic council member. It?s my job to do that?

?But not at the expense of your own well being. Look at yourself; you look like you haven?t slept for a week, and I can feel the stress within you. I?m worried about you Leia?

Leia looked at Luke?s face. Genuine concern reflected in his blue eyes and she felt a small pang of guilt hit her. She gave Luke?s hand a squeeze

?Luke. I promise you, I?m fine. Besides you have enough to worry about, learning about the Jedi, then having to worry about me?

Luke sighed and gave her a weak smile, before they stood up and headed to the door.

?Well, as long as you?re sure Leia?

?I am. Speaking of the Jedi. Did you manage to convince Corran Horn to train??

?No. Although it would be a good asset in re-building the order, Corran must do what he thinks is right. I cannot influence that decision. I did give him some study materials to help him, stuff on breathing exercises and the like. I just hope he doesn?t do something beyond his ability, like dive into a group of stormies or try mind tricking someone?

Leia laughed lightly before hugging her brother again.

?Take care Luke?

?I will?

He said as he made his way down the hallway, shooting her a small smile as he rounded the corner. Leia smiled back as she watched him go, before returning back to her office. Just as she sat back down, her comm on the desk buzzed. She reached over and flicked the switch

?Yes??

Mon Mothma?s voice came through

?Leia, we need you at the communications room as soon as possible. There?s something you need to see

L?ders of..t?new repub..c, We?cont?. you ..re?st ..aid. Our ho?.rld, become h? to ?. Wrong?.g in rec..nt mo?s and ?..

Leia, Mon Mothma and Admiral Ackbar and General Cracken stood by the communication array as the tech that was working it terminated the transmission and swivelled his chair to face them.

?This message was intercepted earlier this morning. There is more to it but its just as broken and irregular as the segment you just heard. Plus the signal it was sent over was weak to start with?

?Can you work on it so we can view the entire thing??

Mon Mothma said as the tech turned back to his station and began

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.