main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Novel resource (May contain novel spoilers - not sure)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jfren484, Mar 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    Does anyone know of an online resource that gives summaries of all of the books? I sometimes come across something I know I read about in a previous book, but can't remember the details, or even which book it was in. That ever happen to anyone else? For instance, I just started Dark Tide 1, and it refers to the Camaasi and their special memories. I know that was in a previous book, but I can't remember which one. Also, I can't remeber Luke going over to the dark side and serving a clone of Palpatine, but it's been referred to in several books.

If there's no online resource, I think I'll create one.

-Jay (you can call me Jay - jfren484 sounds so, I don't know - droid?)

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Hmm, the TFN books page usually has pretty good summaries.

http://www.theforce.net/books

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Good question, JF. There's an excellent timeline that I hope MER will post the link to that may contain summaries. The Essential Chronology doesn't really cross-reference each piece of EU fiction to the events it covers, but it does link many of them to their general time periods and events and it may "be of some help to you".

I remember when I used to be going completely CRAZY trying to learn about Luke going over to the dark side. You don't find it in any novels, is why you haven't found it. It is only in the Dark Empire comic series published by Dark Horse, which consists of:
    Dark Empire (6 comics, which have also been collected in a trade paperback);
    Dark Empire II (6 comics, also available in a trade paperback collection); and
    Empire's End (2 comics, I don't THINK they've been collected).

Since this seemed like a hugely important event to me, and it is part of the "official" timeline, I embarked on what would turn out to be the beginning of a SW comic collection. And there's lots of SW comics. I try to restrain myself from spending TOO MUCH money on them... but - it's hard. What a marketing strategy!

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    hmm, there's a GREAT SW timeline here:

http://www.theforce.net/timetales

5. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    Yeah, I agree with DarthBoba with that the TimeTales is a great resource for summaries of all kinds: books, comics, TV specials and of course, the movies.

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    LFL should just release that sucker in book format...might be huge, but it'd be great.

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Nathan Butler maintains a timeline that includes everything (movies, books, TV shows, short stories, RPG material, video games) that comprises the Official Continuity. You can download it at http://www.starwarstimeline.com/ He updates it every month. You can also join his e-mail list, so you'll know when an update is available. I'm mentioned in his Thanks section since I corrected a few errors I had spotted.

Empire's End is available as a trade paperback. Although you may wish it weren't once you read it.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.