main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA November 16th Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    In attendance were
    Cate, Neil, Marlow and Amy

The Date for the costume workshop has been set for Sunday December 14th at 11 am.
    It will be at Cate & Neil?s place in Everett
    13005 4th Dr SE
    Red house with black trim.
    We also will have an extra sewing machine to use.
    We will be doing a potluck lunch. We decided to make it a build your own sandwich bar with people bringing stuff to put on the sandwiches or sides to eat along with them
    I will start a thread about the workshop potluck shortly and people who plan to attend can reply with what they are bringing.
    For inspiration for our plan to all wear Galaxy Quest costumes along with a group of others at WorldCon 2011 (if Seattle gets the WorldCon that is) we will be playing the movie in the background as we work on our costumes.
    As an aside, if you would like to support the efforts of the bid or for more info, please look here:
    http://www.seattlein2011.org/home

We also decided on future dates for workshops between now and Norwescon, We did not specify exactly that it would still be at Cate & Neil?s place again, but if there are no objections, I would like to keep it there as we have the space and equipment to support all sorts of costuming needs (not just sewing but plastic fabrication, and electronics)
    We will keep the time the same, and all workshops will be done in lieu of the regular meeting, though we can take a few moments to do group business at each workshop.

Future Dates after December 14th (all on Sundays and at 11am) are to be:
    January 18th (also the Sunday before Cate?s 47th B-day so we can do a short tribute to her time on this planet)
    February 22nd
    March I wrote down the 22nd But I thought we said the 29th so would either Marlow or Amy remind me which date we agreed on? And even though it will be late, it is also the same month as Amy?s Bday (hers will be March 1st) so let?s pay her some tribute during the workshop.
    No workshop in April as that is when Norwescon is going to be.
    All workshops will be an all day thing, so if you can?t arrive until noon or 1 or even 3pm, feel free to come then

We can discuss the future potluck lunch themes in separate threads later

The flyer is in work, I have been doing the Artwork and not being satisfied with it so I have to keep trying again (us artists are such perfectionists). But I will definitely have something to show at the Dec 14th workshop/meeting.

And we should all be on the lookout for Startrek Uniform patterns (or patterns that can be modified as one) for use on pour Galaxy Quest costumes at a future workshop.

Also briefly discussed was Neil?s upcoming Bday party on Nov 29th at 7pm. We would like any Cascadia Outpost member who wishes to go to come. It?s at the same address listed above for the workshops. Neil says he likes loud shirts (Hawaiian or bowling style) in XL- LOL

2. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Great meeting... lot's accomplished.
    Cate, I believe that the March meeting was for the 22nd but as I didn't write it down I'll wait and see what Marlow has to say here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.