November 16th: Save The Date!

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by Yoda_Jammies, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    I was going to post that too Mika,but I am too busy trying to think of who exactly was the 5th person on the left of Jabba. :confused:
    But honestly, thanks for the link. I had forgotten about that-- and we can print stuff off before the event. Awesome!

I have, like, 4 or 5 boxes of stuff from lucasbooks in my office now. I should look and see what I wound up getting: might be some cool activities in there. ??
  2. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    This sounds so awesome, we're really looking forward to this, especially after missing S.W. Reads day with the Legion.

Mika that link raaaawwks!
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Oct 7, 2013
  3. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    To review...we discussed possible library activities last evening at book club. Ideas include..
    Star Wars Origami
    Balloon Sabers (I'm taking ownership of this one if I can get my balloon shaping skills up to par)
    Star Wars trivia table (Vox taking ownership of this one)
    Star Wars Library Scavenger hunt (using SW character standups...Zannah in charge of this...Relin assisting?)
    XWing game demo (Wolf in charge)
    Wookiee Yell contest
    Death Star bean bag toss
    Thumb Doodles
    Face Painting
    Lightsaber remote training

We're starting our activies at around 2:30PM so be there by about 1:30 to set up? Jammies to meet with the library Nov 4th to finialize plans?
    Did I forget anything Jammies?
  4. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    we also discussed doing some form of papercraft.
  5. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    edit: Mrs Deamonicus just gave me some ideas for simple papercrafts
  6. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    LGA Temporary Tattoos have arrived :)
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    That is a pretty good list! There is also a spot for coloring pages, word searches, etc. LFL has a pdf of activity pages (I hope that is still up, or that I downloaded it).

--My main point (or anxiety maybe) is that I have a firm commitment before Nov. 4th as to:
    Who is going to come?
    What activity you want to do for your table or "station?" (And if that activity is something that may be loud or messy-- maybe have a back up in case it gets vetoed by the host)

Secondary to that would be, can you bring some type of give away (kids book)?
    And, what help or info do you need from me?

Also, if you want to come but do not want to commit to a table, that is fine as well! Just state your activity as "floater." :)

Clear Skies,
    Jammies

As for who DWR is, try these links:
    http://www.phaetongroup.com/reynolds.php
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/David_West_Reynolds_(author)
    http://www.indygear.com/staff/igstaff-dwr.html
    http://www.ket.org/cgi-local/fw_comment.exe/db/ket/dmps/Programs?do=topic&topicid=LOUL050008&id=LOUL
  8. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Vox Deamonicus. For now, Trivia. back-up: papercraft.
  9. Relin Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I am coming and I am willing to run anything not claimed...except I do not think face painting is up my alley and I think the wookie yell would be hard to judge...
  10. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll be there
    Activity :Balloon Sabers (they came today and I need some more practice but I'm getting the hang of it)
    Backup activity:Remote lightsaber training

I'll also be bringing my cardboard standups for Library Scavenger Hunt
  11. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    I have everything needed for the Xwing demo just need a table.
  12. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    I'll be there... Scavenger Hunt and anywhere else needed. I think Relin is my point man.

I'm also going to see about some coloring pages and crayons. ;)

Thank you my Jammies, don't be nervous.. we've got your back. And thank you so much for heading this up for us. [:D]
  13. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Picked up some more give away stuff at Half Price Books today (and a couple of SW things for myself :))
  14. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm surprised you found anything star wars related at Half Priced books, as I thought I bought them out last week.
    So........ what did you get for yourself?
  15. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    For me an almost new copy of Jedi Academy by Jeffrery Brown, Tales of the Empire (collecting short stories from Star Wars Adventure Journals) and a copy of Jedi Apprentice:Hidden Past which I don't care about so much but it has an iron on transfer included in the book :)
  16. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Tales of the Empire-- good stuff there.
    I didn't shop for me, but I did see some hard cover editions of star wars books that came out only as paperbacks. I wonder where they came from-- maybe the sci fi book club?
    Always a fan of hardcovers over paperbacks.
  17. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Note: November 14th Dr Reynolds will be giving a talk at the library on "The Archaeology of Star Wars" aimed at middle school age and above. Registration prior to the event is required. I have to work that night but I thought some other people would be interested.
    http://nafclibrary.evanced.info//ev...ode=&noheader=&lad=&pub=1&nopub=&page=&pgdisp

Hopefully this link works. If not just go the the New Albany Library website and find the "Events" calendar.
  18. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool.
    So we have a head count of 6 (minus me): is that right?

I meet with the venue this wednesday. If anyone has any questions-- or if anyone wants to remind me to ask something I said I was going to-- let me know.

Thanks!
  19. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Make sure they know we have 6 stand ups for Scavenger Hunt so they can be thinking what parts of the Library they want them in/what departments of the Library they want people/kids to "discover".
    That's all I can think of for right now.
  20. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Oh, and maybe make sure they have enough tables for all our stations and see if it's okay to put our banner on one of the stations.
  21. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    as for our dressing rooms, i require a large bowl of red skittles. Only red. For every non-red skittle i find, I will hit someone.
    Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  22. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, I sorta mentioned this last night -- but then got distracted by the menu............

So I did meet with Ann at the new albany library yesterday. She is really excited to have us!

I told her we would have about 8 people, to do whatever she needs us to do.She gave me a tour of the children's center (bottom floor), and the lecture hall (next to the children's center)
    Each of our "stations" will have a table, and kids can come to each station and do an activity and get a prize (Mika and I got books, LFL gave me books and posters).

So, for example, VOX will have a table to do trivia or paper craft.
    We can have a table for coloring (note: some one volunteer to get crayons and star wars coloring books *cough Zannah or Relin cough*, or at least crayons and ask me to print stuff out at work)
    A table for the scavanger hunt (if you need help with this let me know)
    A table for the x-wing demo
    There will also be a table for the baloon sabers, but it is kinda small Mika so you might just want to stand next to it. Unless you want to be like those cell phone commercials with the guy in a suit surrounded by kindergartners.
    Ann has been cutting out little paper yoda posicle stick puppets. So, if anyone wants a table but doesn't have one yet-- there you go. You would simply help kids glue brown paper onto green paper and then green paper onto a popsicle stick (a brown robe pre-cut from paper, a green yoda pre-cut, and well a popsicle stick).

So, that's 6 stations. Am I missing anything?

Event starts at 2-- so I plan on getting there to help set up a little before 1:30. We will have a dressing room, but we are sharing it with the 501st. I am told that with their buckets on they cannot see the color red, so our M&Ms should be fine.

David West Reynolds will start talking at 4, and that will be the end of our part. We will have a private chat with him after his public talk, so that's cool.

Any questions? Did I leave anything out?
    Jammies
  23. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I have a question. did you tell her about the skittles?
  24. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Crap. I told her red M&Ms.
  25. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    *sigh* i guess that will do.