Lou, KY November 16th: Save The Date!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Sep 9, 2013.

1. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Holy crap, glad she's all right. Sorry about the car though, seems our little group has the worst luck with vehicles.

Ugh totally forgot to get Dr Reynold's autograph on my LGA table card. Also forgot to take pictures of his collection/display, I may have to go back. I think I was just too star struck.
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  3. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Nice!! I see I'm lurking in the back and looking sinister, as should be. Hehehe.....
  4. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    looks like everyone has a blast! good job guys!

In Lady Vox news: she's okay. just very bruised up. the Demonizer is sadly totaled, gone to the shipyard in the sky. Now dealing with insurance, med-droids, etc etc.
    Last edited by VoxDeamonicus, Nov 18, 2013
  5. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh Vox. Stang. I'll keep you all in my thoughts. And, thank you! Don't feel like you didn't help-- because you certainly did. And, with the hardest part: PLANNING!

Jeez. Just, get better. Both of you. And get a lawyer. Worked for me. I've got more well wishes in store-- but I can't think straight yet. I just wanted to wish you well Vox, and to say thank you.
    MTFBWY
    Jammies
    (more thanks to come)
  6. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    thanks everyone. lady deamonicus wanted me to tell you guys thanks from her as well. maybe i'll post the questions on here or something. i tired to go easy on the guys.
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! Well, the event was awesome. We had over 40 kids and their families stop by, play at our tables, get pics taken with the 501st, and hear David West Reynolds talk. The staff of the library was super impressed with us. I was super impressed with us. We looked awesome in our class a's. So big props to Mika for that. We gave out soooooooooo many books, so props go out to Mika, Lucasbooks, and half priced books. The Scavanger Hunt thing was a mega hit! The Bounty Hunt! The kids learned about the stacks, and got a book and some coloring sheets. Big Thanks for Zannah and Appo for that. Darth Lupine's X-Wing station was always crowded, and I think some kids will be getting the starter set for x-wing-mass (see what I did there?). Thanks Lupine! It was great to meet you and thanks for driving up for the event. Blowing up balloons is a lot harder than you think y'all. Thanks Relin and Mika. Thanks to Ms. Jammies and Ms. Jammies-in-law? for the craft table. WE had other tables we were ready to do, but we were at max with those four.

Thanks as well, to Vox, Nerfherder, and 11! Planning is not my strong suit! So, the help there was great. Well...... Mindtwister didn't plan, so much as mock, but I'll count that.

And how about Dr. Reynolds? My head is still reeling from his knowledge. I do remember him saying we were to most intellectual group he had talked to, and it was so refreshing to have smart questions (can we add that to our banner? Like at the top of the forum "Voted most intellectual star wars group by Dr. Reynolds"). Cool! Somehow, let's bring him back. What about his stuff? Awesome. Mos Eisly doors, toys, the paper fold out from burger king/chief! (mine so got ripped up) and original art like Hans Jenssen's Death Star Docking Bay!

We done good gang. We done good.

MTFBWY! Always!
    Jammies
    1) What do those little brown stripes mean on luke's yavin jacket pocket sleave? Zannah asked, and now I am really wondering?
    2) What was Dr Reynolds wearing? It looked like it stepped off the star wars set, but what is it? Or is it anything?
  8. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm not sure what he was wearing but if you do a google image search he's wearing it or something similar in a lot of the pics. I'm thinking it may be the "uniform" for his consulting group (?). On their profile page a lot of the other members are wearing it.

http://www.phaetongroup.com/team.php

Maybe Dr. Reynolds will check in here sometime and clear up all the mysteries :)
  9. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    I believe it's the Phaeton group leader uniform lol. I did some research on him and his organization afterwards and there is some Indiana Jones stuff in there. I wouldn't mind being involved in that group at all, in any capacity. A most awesome guest, and I could have talked to him for ages. I would love to ask him some questions about the Akhenaten period in Egypt, and his opinion on Hitlers decision to invest Kursk as opposed to driving on Moscow.
  10. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Finally got around to downloading some pics from my camera...

[IMG]
    Last edited by jedimika, Dec 11, 2013
  11. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool, looks like Dave Faloni was there too. Too bad he didn't have his hat.
  12. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    We got a nice thank you from the library:

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate everything you and your group did for Saturday! Wow! It was such a hit, and the whole library has been talking about Star Wars Day non-stop since walking in this morning!

You should be receiving a thank-you note in the mail very soon, but I just could not let the day get away without saying thank you! All the time and effort is very much appreciated! I could not have done it without all the extra hands! What a nice event for the families in the community!

Thanks again and have a great week,
  13. Relin Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    That is awesome ....
  14. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3