main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November 2015 meeting/potluck - 21st 1-5 pm at Sam Gary library

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by thejackal327, Oct 21, 2015.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I think we're going with whoever posts here that they are willing to prepare and bring a turkey for the group will be reimbursed 100% for any turkey related expenses.

2. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Also, let's get a food list going. Please volunteer if you are capable of making a bird.

I'm bringing.. Sweet potatoes and something else...

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Jellied cranberry and pumpkin pie.

4. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I think I'm going to stick with my good old reliable CHEESECAKE!!!!!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    115 hour bump!

Besides what food you are bringing, please post how many people you are bringing so we can get an estimated head count for the space before the event.

I'm a +0 as my family apparently has birthday parties to attend.

6. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Hello everyone, I had posted elsewhere, but to ensure that it gets out there I will not be attending this event. We will be visiting family in Arizona. I hope that you all have a wonderful time! Happy Thanksgiving :)

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I"m a big if at the moment. Prop orders are out of control and everyday, hour and minute before 12/17 might need to be dedicated to making things.
    I will get back to you guys, but for now don't count us in.

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I currently have the plague (pneumonia, actually), so I don't think I will make it. If I do, I would be a +0, and would bring a veggie tray or fruit platter purchased on the way.

9. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Have fun in AZ!

10. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    I'm at work and won't make it. Have fun.

11. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    We will be out of town :-(
    Miss you nerds, have fun! Pour one out for your homies.

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I meant to say count us OUT, or as an IF not IN, sorry.

13. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    I will be the bringer of the bird. Already purchased.

We need a full list of what everyone is bringing. This is what I have so far:

Zeraduel: Turkey. I can also bring gravy made from the turkey juices.
    He-Guy: Sweet potatoes and ?
    DieWompRatDie: Jellied Cranberry and Pumpkin Pie
    TheJackal: Cheesecake

Who else is bringing something???

14. JediPicard

JediPicard Jedi Knight

Apr 1, 2015
  15. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will bring some kind of vegetable.

16. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'm definitely out. You guys definitely don't want to hear my plague cough while you're trying to eat.

Have fun, and for the love of Yoda, someone bring PIE!

nnaydolem likes this.
  17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Fun meeting, very small group though. I think we had a pie for every RMFFer in the building. Gobble Gobble!

nnaydolem and SITH__CHICK like this.
  18. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    with apologies for the delay:

RMFF November Meeting​
    11/21/15 3:00 PM​
    Sam Gary Library​
    ROLL CALL AND RAFFLE
    8 members in attendance: theJackal327, Zeraduel, Jedi Picard, Jedi Jonas, Nerfherders, HeGuy, DieWompratDie, FanFored
    Topic: Least favorite holiday food

OLD BUSINESS
    -October Meeting – minutes from the October meeting at Crushed Red are on the boards. The location of the restaurant in October was OK, but the venue was a little too loud
    -Hauntings at the Hangar – positive feedback from this year’s event. The traffic was consistent throughout the entire day. We made it through with just enough candy. There was some lingering confusion about the background checks leading up to the event. Hopefully we can clear that up before our next volunteer gig at WOTR. A sign-up sheet for the day would have been helpful too.
    -Rocky Mountain Con – no one in attendance at the meeting had attended the Con, so no report. A discussion was held about the likelihood of scaling back the events to which we commit in the future. Our “core” events are always well staffed, but we will proceed with caution before signing the RMFF group up for additional appearances.

NEW BUSINESS
    -Episode VII Premier – December 17th. Several RMFF members will attend the 7:00 showing on the 17th together at the Continental. Members who wish to appear in costume should be sure to check with the theatre about masks and weapons.
    -Continental event - December 18th. A sign-up sheet has been created to staff the various activities at the Continental (here) from 3-9 PM. Raffle tickets will be sold for various prizes, including two Sphero BB-8’s. Donations generated will benefit Urban Peak. Tickets will sell for $3 or two for $5. A few options were discussed for when the raffle(s) will be held. RMFF will be present from 3-9, which should span two showings. The possibility of holding two raffles was popular, but we are not clear on where the drawing will be held, and whether or not entrants must be present to win. Our existing prize tickets can be used for contact information, but absent winners can be anti-climatic. The discussion for these options will continue on the boards. A group will also be attending the 10:10 PM 3D showing together at the Contiental.
    -RMFF elections – nominations are open until 11/30. Formal nominees will be accepted/announced at the December meeting (nominees should prepare their campaign speeches now). Voting will be open through 12/17, and the officers will be announced at the Premiere on the December 18th. Nominees so far include: CR – HeGuy, theBreadNappa; Co-CR – Michael Berg; Secretarian - AuttyBot
    -December meeting – Dec 5th at 4:00 Nerferder’s house. The December meeting will be Krampus themed, with a meal a meeting, and a white bantha gift for the exchange. Gifts should range between $5-$20. Ham will be provided, the rest of the meal will be pot-luck and BYOB.
    -Float & patch – the patch design is still in progress. A price has not yet been set. The current balance in the RMFF account should be enough to cover the new float; patch sales will help to supplement the remainder

STAR WARS NEWS
    -TFA is now being featured at Star Tours at the Disney Parks
    -Force for Daniel

OPEN DISCUSSION
    -Episode VII – Official movie poster, character posters, “final” trailer, International Trailers and TV spots, $50 million in advance tickets
    -Other sequels and Anthology films, Rebels – Clone Wars characters returning to Rebels

GAMING NEWS
    -EA Access provided an early release for Battlefront. Reviews are good, but there is not much of a story line for single players

TREASURER’S REPORT
    Balance of $490.43. Bills presented for the turkey and for the rental of the library

COLLECTING NEWS
    -TFA products are widely available for stocking up for Christmas
    -an R2-D2 refrigerator is available, but the movement may be too slow to be practical
    -Smugglers Bounty – gifts all appear to be ‘Funko’ themed

GROUP PHOTO
    https://www.facebook.com/RockyMount...42438998984/10153365351458985/?type=3&theater

DieWompRatDie and he-guy like this.
  19. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thank you for recording & posting!