main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC November 2nd, 2004 ~ Election Day

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    No matter who you support get out there and vote today... as my dad joking says, "Vote early and vote often."

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Was at our voting station at 6:30 this morning. Already had a line but it moved pretty quickly. Second what Lodreh said. Do it, do it.

3. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    DON'T do it... unless you're voting exactly as I did... and I can't even remember that well now.

If someone votes opposite of how I did, it cancels out my vote. You have thus nullified my actions..

4. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Joe, you voted? I didn't see any Wampas on the ballet.

5. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Check out some of the problems being reported to WRAL. IF the NAACP thing doesnt bother people, something is terribly wrong. After reading this stuff, I have little doubt this election will end up being just like the last. Whoever "loses" will cry foul and it will be contested for months.

http://wralelections.blogspot.com/

6. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    ballet? is that not a dance?

and Eddie-Wan, around here, that's nothing new...

oh, and a woman out front of the polling place was "kind" enough to hand me a sheet telling me who to vote for. glad I didn't have to think today...

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    New, old or whatever, that crap is just wrong.

8. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    ballet?

9. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Eddie-Wan, I agree that is wrong... voting really needs to be modernized and streamlined in order to be more effective and accurate.

One thing that gets me is there were three constitutional amendments on the ballot that they wanted me to vote on... I am still rather perturbed about this. I am the type of person who wants to be informed... I would like to know how it currently works and how it is currently funded before I say, "Yes, I'd like to make this change." Secondly, What in the blue hell am I paying people in office for if I have to do their job as well. Just fire everyone and have all decisions be by vote or have them responsible enough to make these decisions... that's all I ask.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

10. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I guarantee a lot of people didnt even understand what they were voting on regarding those ammendment changes.

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    And I only know because I go to town meetings as part of my job...

12. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Well, I went to go vote during lunch. Outside the voting place there was a woman who was kind enough to hand me a "sample ballet" that had been carefully filled out to support the political lobby she represented. Inside, I found that I was behind a couple that was easily older than Methuselah, and moving as slowly as mellasis in winter. After finally making it to the registration table, I found that it was manned by Forest Gump's friend Bubba. But finally, I had my ballet. Unfortunately no booths were open. No problem. I don't give a rat?s ass who sees how I vote anyway, so I went to an open table and filled the thing out. My civic duty done, I returned back to work wondering why we haven't come up with a better way of doing this.

13. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    The two girls I work with came back from voting with similar "sample ballets."

Good recap, Entropy.

14. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I don't know if someone mentioned this earlier but I feel it's worth knowing. North Carolina is one of the few states that does not count the Presidential vote with a straight party ticket. You must still vote for your President separately.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

15. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I saw that on the WRAL website that Eddie-wan posted.

16. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Looks like Bush will carry NC. Yay! Currently, Bush has 196 Electoral votes, to Kerrys 112. Even more yay! Good news is the news on record voter turnout. Glad to see more people are realizing its importance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.