main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November 30th Trip

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by SithLord328, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord328

SithLord328 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    Post where it would be convienient for everyone to meet. We should try to leave from there about 7:30 or 7:45.

Clay suggested the Waffle House in Clinton where 385 runs into 26. This is good for me, what about all of you?

2. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    Or,we could leave earlier than that and have breakfast.

3. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    After that,are we all driving together or in a convoy or Lamba class shuttle

4. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    The plan I talked about with Sithlord was this. It seems that everyone except maybe 2 have their own rides. I thought we could meet at the Waffle House on the east bound side of I-26 at exit 52. That is the SC Hwy 56 (Clinton) exit. That is where 385 and 26 run together. Should be convenient for everyone. I thought we could all meet there and then convoy down to Charleston. I was thinking of a departure from there at 7:30 am. That would get us there about 10:30(I think). I will Probably be there earlier so if anyone wants to be there to eat come on.
    Also, we need to talk about what time to see the movie if we are to see it together(which is the point I think). We need to pick out a time a then we will need to get tickets in advance. They are expecting a huge turn out.
    If this is OK with everyone this is what I will send to Mandy. Also I need everyone to e-mail me there full name(I'm gonna make a roster). This will also go for nametags that I think Janet with DSFs are making.
    This will make us OFFICIAL. I'm psyched. We will be official 41 days after our first meeting. I think this is very cool. Anyway that is the plan for now. Is anyone interested in helping in the kids area or with pictures or anything? Let me know so I can tell Janet. This is gonna be great I do believe.

Thanks and MTFBWY

Clay

5. DSatt57

DSatt57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    Be there at 7:30am??
    If the first show isn't until 3ish, what are we going to do for five hours?

6. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    I haven't heard any dissent so I am going to send the info on to Mandy. Also if anyone is planning on staying overnight LMK and I can send some info to you.

Is 3pm a good time to see the movie guys?

7. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    DSF is that me, nametags,I'm making nametags?Whats going on?NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!***pant pant pant***

8. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    DSF=Dagobah Swamp Foxes(Charleston Fanforce). No you are not making nametags Dark Side Fatty.

9. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hello all,
    I'm very excited about seeing you all this weekend.

Just a reminder to bring at least one new unwrapped toy for Toys For Tots for our IMAX event. You will get one raffle ticket for each toy you bring.
    Our goal is at least 500 toys for the event which is very possible.

Atomic Comics and Chick fil-a will be there to sell toys and food. 98 rock will be there with give aways as well.

We will have polaroid pictures with Star Wars Characters for sale for $3 each!

The 3pm show is selling out fast so get those tickets reserved.
    Go to http://charlestonimax.com for info.

What are you going to do for those 5 hours?
    Well Trivia starts at 11am with prizes.
    At 12pm is Santa VS the Snowman a very funny animated 3d movie with some Star Wars references from the Battle of Hoth.
    1pm is the Costume Contest
    2pm is another Santa in case you miss the first one and the continuation of the costume contest.
    2:45 is the raffle drawing
    3pm is the first Aotc movie.
    Starting from 10am on we'll have kids crafts such as SW's ornaments made from CD's, newspaper lightsabers, and IMAX poster color sheets. The CD ornaments are pretty impressive and I think alot of adults will want to do them too! I also have Star Wars Bingo if there is time and interest.

And if none of this interests you, Well you have the SC Aquarium next door and Ft Sumter Tours.

I may note that if you buy multi feature tickets, you do get $2 off the total ticket price. So adults get two movies for $14, children-$12. Not bad for 3 hours of entertainment. Also, if you have 15 or more attending, you may get an additional group discount, however tickets have to be purchased in advance and at one time.

Oh, your badges won't have names on them-not alot of time for that, but they will identify those who are helping us with the event. IE: Costumed people for the pictures or helping with trivia, or kids events, etc.
    If your just coming to enjoy the event, I can't give you a badge as there are certain perks associated with it.

If you are interested, We thought everyone could go over to the James Island Festival of lights which is about 10 minutes from the IMAX. This features over 3 miles of light sculptures, a train ride, sand sculpture, gift shops, Santa, bond fires for marshmallow roast, etc. They charge by the carload so we can park at a nearby shopping center and pile everyone in a few cars. It's alot of fun and very beautiful. Krista and I's Naboo Retreat gingerbread house is on display there as well. We are suppose to get a few park passes. If so, this will reduce the cost to get in. If no one is up for this, perhaps we can all meet for dinner somewhere after the 3pm show.

Finally, if you make a toys for tots donation , you get a free small popcorn from the IMAX.
    Janet

10. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Thanks for the info Janet.

11. Truor_Tupnm

Truor_Tupnm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    Yikes! Wish I could go, dudes! Sounds even more fun than I thought! Sigh! I'll C-Ya at the next meeting, I guess.

12. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Dude, do you need a ride?

13. Truor_Tupnm

Truor_Tupnm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    That'd be cool. I said so in one of the other threads. oh well. I should try to be more annoying next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.