Spring, MO November 8th :)

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Nikana-, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, the ROTS Dvd is due out on Tuesday, November 5th. As I mentioned at the previous meeting, I'd like to do a Darksaber Springfield Fan Force charity event to go along with this. My idea is to have a bake sale/raffle at the Walmart on Independence with the proceeds from the event going to Kisses for Katie and the MDA. Being that this particular Walmart is also the busiest in Springfield, it would also get us some really good exposure. I'd also like to make this a costumed thing.

I can't do it alone. If you would be interested in participating, please let me know so that I can get the ball rolling with the manager of the store.
  2. Master_Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    You know what would make a sweet raffle item? A force fx saber... But, we should definately have a costume-making meeting before hand.
  3. Darth_Mordus CR Springfield, MO FF

Chapter Rep
    star 1
  4. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    When I get back from my mini-vacation this weekend, I'm going to email Master Replicas and see if I can't get them to donate one.
  5. Master_Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet, if they're willing to even give us a discount, I'll throw in some money for it.
  6. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    As I'm sure you all know, the release of the DVD has been pushed back a week to Nov. 1. This means Halloween night at midnight. Suggestions?? Ideas? I'd still like to do the bake sale/raffle but it is Halloween...
  7. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
  8. LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Knight

hey its halloween, Ill be in stormtrooper armor anyway so Im in
  9. Master_Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    You already know I'm ready... Hopefully, Katie and Rob will be also.
  10. Darth_Mordus CR Springfield, MO FF

Chapter Rep
    star 1
    Just an idea, since some of us have children, how bout part of the day we have the bake sale and raffle early to mid afternoon. Then those of us who would be slaughtered for missing trick or treat with the kids can take our spawn out to get their candy bags full. Then once they have been chained to their bed to restrain them in the midst of the massive sugar high they will be enduring, those who can, return to the location of our raffle/bake sale to await the release of the DVD.
  11. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    How's this sound? (and I really need input on this because I have to contact the manager of Wal-mart to get this going)

Monday October 31st: 5pm - 8pm All those with kiddies hit the streets and get the goodies :)

8pm - 11:30pm - The big kids party (we have to work out details for this)

12midnight - 1am - We hit Wal-mart (in costume)for our copies of Episode III and to hand out flyers about the group.

Tuesday November 1: I'll be taking this day off (if I'm not already) to do the bake sale/raffle. Of course, I won't know the hours until I coordinate with the manager. I'm thinking I'd rather do the sale during the 5-8 hours after people have gotten out of work and they seem to be the busiest at this time.

I'm going to contact Master Replicas about donating a Force FX Lightsaber for the raffle.
  12. LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Knight

Anyone want me to talk to the local 501st guys and see if they would like to join up for this that way we have more than one stormtrooper there?
  13. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    That would be awesome :) I can call Todd up at Campbell 16 and see if we can have Darth Vader as well.
  14. Nikana- Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've gone ahead and sent an email to Master Replicas requesting a Darth Vader FX Lightsaber. I'll let you all know what I hear from them. Also, since Katie's passing, I think we should respect her families wishes and have the proceeds that were to go to them now go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Katie's name. Hope that's okay with all of you.
  15. Master_Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.