November Calendar of Events: Black Friday Lunch: Asia Buffet on Bowman (by Comp USA) 11:00

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by AGRadministrator, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yah Chinese Tre' will be happy.
  2. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    We can bring chips. Also.... just to let anyone know about the Museum of Discovery thing that was brought up the other nite @ Denny's

Event: Space Adventur
    September 29, 2007 - January 6, 2008
    Museum of Discovery

Few topics capture people?s imagination as well as today?s space exploration and its companion space adventures from books, television and movies. Some might say that today's space explorations are the outcome of stretching our imaginations with Flash Gordon or Luke Skywalker. Relive these adventures of the past and encourage intergenerational sharing as children and adults explore their favorite Space Adventures of today and yesterday.

I contacted Jennifer @ the Museum of Discovery last month when I found out they are doing their "Space Adventures" that runs from
    September thru January 2008.

She emailed me back to see if we would be interested in doing either December 1st or December 29th.
    I realize that we have been asked to do the Comic Book Con on 12-01-07, to have a booth there.
    That's why I am doing this now, so we have enough time to see what date we could do this.

Update!

Ok, here's what the lady has now emailed me:

looked at the calendar again and the best date for the Museum would be Saturday, December 1 if at all possible. We could get great exposure on TV on Nov. 19th. December 8 or 15 would work too but again, it would be really great if someone could still go on TV November 19. I will give them more details once we know who it is.

Now, since we pretty much promised the comic book guy we'd be there, then I am for that. I will let her know we're booked for that day. The 29th is open, I guess for whomever wants to go- but that's near Christmas time so I think it would be hard to do.... now.... see the underlined part above.
    If they can have us on TV- that would be GREAT exposure for us as well.

Ideas on doing this in Novemeber?
  3. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I just heard from John... looks like he and the kids will be going but will be late-ish. Around 5-6 pm when they will make it.

4. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    going which when?? What???
  5. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    November 10th... you know. The get-together/bon-fire/Ewok Roast party/whatever reason we need to go to Henry's house.
    Course I could always say...

TOGA PARTY!!!!
  6. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I posted this question already on another thread, but is there a get together at Jacksonvile Hastings on Nov. 3rd?
  7. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Solo - Yes, there is. :) I'll be there a little after 3.
  8. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool. I'll be there if I can. Are we meeting in the cafe, or what?
  9. nlrtrooper Jedi Knight

Jaira,
    Sorry but we can't make the Nov 3rd at Hastings. Unfortunately I will be working that day from 6am until approximately 1am the next morning. I hope there is a good turnout and wish I could come. I will see everyone on the 10th though.

NLR Trooper
  10. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Solo - yup, we'll be in the cafe.

Nlrtrooper - Sorry you can't make it. See you on the 10th!
  11. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Need a head count for the November 10th event...

So we can get enough Weiners...
  12. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Me, the wife and 2 kids
    John, his wife & 2 kids
    Ward
    possibly Joe (?) the new guy

that's all that I know of on my end

13. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gonna try to come out (should be 3 of us: Ramon, myself, and the lil one; perhaps even my older one)
  14. StarkRhavyn Jedi Master

star 3
    I MIGHT make it.
    I know my wife won't go and she'll probably frown upon me going. That's why I say I "might".
  15. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Stark why wont she come? Scared of a bunch of geeks? Anyway it wont be to bad as long as BJ dont bring her/my dress and I dont start drinking to soon. Anyway hope to see ya here glad to see a new face every now and then.
  16. Big_Eazy101 Jedi Padawan

Hey guys, went to theforce.net to look for some sound effects and noticed the Arkansas meetings, I live in Benton so I MAY be able to make it (although I'm not too sure what goes on at these get togethers) It all depends on if I get a ride and if it's cool with my mom. I might bring my camera for some extra features for the lightsaber duel I'm working on, it should be good fun. Anyway... any info about this meeting would be appreciated.
  17. AGRadministrator Jedi Knight

Black Friday Lunch will be at the following:
    Edit: TO NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE...

We will be at the Chinese place on Bowman by CompUSA.

This was a suggested change by Otisdodge as it is closer to the shops and possible easier to find.

Look for times to be posted soon.

18. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Tre' and I will be there on Black Friday.

As for the 10th Julia, Tre' and myself have a Star Wars meeting to go to and dont think we can make it.

As far as any new people wanting to come to any of our meetings or events you are more than welcome please look at the by-laws of the group on age and parental stuff.
  19. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Your sense of humor amuses us...

You have a Star Wars meeting... Hmmmm... might'n that meeting be at your humble abode...

You never know... there may be newbies to show your collection to...

See you guys on Saturday... Need directions??? PM Nyborg, or if you don't hear back from him...(he sometimes is a bit slow at answering messages...) then you can pm me and I'll attempt to get you there...

(I use GPS...Becasue I'm directionally challenged...Seriously...they're thinking of changing my name to "GPSGirl"...)
  20. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Star Wars meeting? What the....????????

Well, looks like we may have at least another 2 newbies that want to come out as well.
  21. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Black Friday luncheon I will prob be there and if Ramon can take his lunch break at that time he prob will be there around noon. :)

22. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    ********** Update on the Space Adventures @ Museum of Discovery *******

Okay guys... I just talked to Jennifer Forrest with the Museum of Discovery about their upcoming Space Adventures.
    The date they would like to have us there ( and as many as we can get) will be for November 19th, which is on a Monday.
    There will be media/TV coverage doing at least 3 segments on the Space Adventures and even possbily one where they will talk about our group(s)----- Channel 4, KARK will be doing the coverage. The bad news is, it will be for the early morning show.
    So that means if we can do this, we have to be ready to go on air at 5:30 AM.... meaning we need to be there by no later than 5:00 AM..... I realize this is early and most will not be able to go. But I can see a great opportunity to develope a great relationship with the Museum and have great exposure on TV.

If you think you can go, which we can do at least 4 or so members, as Jennifer said a "few" will work.... please let me know ASAP
    as it's coming up soon. Thank you.
  23. StarkRhavyn Jedi Master

star 3
    Is that near the country club?
    Everytime I do a map search for that addy it says it's across from the country club and I just don't remember ever seeing a chinese restraunt in that area.
  24. nlrtrooper Jedi Knight

Unfortunately we will now be unable to attend the cookout on the 10th. My boss informed me last night that he had erred on our schedule and he changed my hours from 6a-4p to 2p-12a for Saturday to fix it. We will make the black Friday lunch since I already have vacation scheduled that day and we will be hosting the December get together. Hope you all have fun and we will see you on the 23rd.

NLR Trooper
  25. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I'm sorry to hear that, but I can understand.
    I will eat a few marshmallows for ya....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.