Syra, NY November Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hey guys, yep, time to dust the costumes off and have some fun and raise money for charity again ;)

I received this Pm requesting our help. Is anyone interested in this? As you can tell by the PM its calling for very movie specific cosutmes. If anyone with these costumes would like to attend please post here.

We could also use a few non cosutmed help to man the table or assist with the costumed help.

:)

any help here would be hot [face_dancing]
  2. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Erm....what costumes, exactely? And what is the event? And where?
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    LMAO I forgot to cut and paste!

Dear Strawberry,
    Annually I host a Halloween event that benefits the American Diabetes Association. This years event, here in Auburn, New York, will run November forth and Fifth. The teme is Movie Mayhem. Amung our guests this year are three of the only surviving oompa loompas from Willie Wonks and the Chocolate Factory. Together they make two ewoks and a Jawa from Rturn Of The Jedi. So they will be appearing inscenery from both movies. I am in need of volunteers to dress for me as chracters from Return of the Jedi to work Friday November 4th from 5-9PM and Saturday November 5th from 12-9PM.

[face_blush]
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So are they only looking for RotJ costumes?
    The ones I can think of are:

KnightShade - Chewbacca
    HothGirl - Boussh or General Leia
    DarSolo - Ewok Celebration Leia
    TB-2709 - Biker Scout
    Star-Wars-Freak-JPB - Han Solo (I think he's ESB version though)
    Plus we have a couple stormtroopers

We're hoping to have a couple more biker scouts here in Rochester, but I'm not sure when. I think everyone else we have is prequel trilogy.

There's also Han Solo, Darth Vader, Royal Guards, a Biker Scout and the Emperor from North Ridge that would be RotJ costumes.

~Doc_Bev
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks Nicky.

Im hoping we can get a few volunteers here from syracuse too *hint hint*

Honestly I dont think any of us have any ROTJ Costumes..... *sighs* I dont even have time to put one together either *sobs* damn working for a living puts a damper on my geeky hobbies LOL ;)

At anyrate I appreciate any help you guys can give......
    We may just have to have our Syracuse clan work in SCJ shirts and help with the event.

6. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I always wanted to make a Luke costume. It always seemed fairly simple (minus the saber and boots). I'll see what I can do.

-K
  7. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Woman's costumes from ROTJ:

Twi'lek/Rodian dancers/singers
    Fat dancer
    Oola
    Sy Snootles (impossible)
    Boush
    Slave Leia
    Rebel Uniform Leia - with/without helmet and poncho
    Mon Mothma
    Ewok Village Leia
    Ewoks

I think that's it. Not a lot of selection, though I've thought about making a rebel uniform. Not that I'll be able to go, it's too far away for me.
  8. ILoveQA Jedi Knight

star 1
    *crawls out from underneath a rock*
    hmmmm ... I still have my obiwan costume but I guess he wasn't in rotj was he?
    *crawls back under the rock*

ILoveQA
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    up'ing this to see if we still ahve the same people interested so I can email them and let them know they have help :)
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I believe we're still free. Was that Nov 4th or 5th?
    Although KnightShade's Chewie is actually Episode III - I don't think anyone would notice. ;) I don't have a ROTJ costume myself though...

~Doc_Bev
  11. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    FYI - I started a thread for this event over on The Rebellion boards as well.

We're eyeing trying to participate some time on Saturday but probably not for the full 12pm-9pm that the event is running.

~Doc_Bev
  12. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd be willing to help out, but I don't have an RotJ costume, and don't have the resources to complete my Rebel Pilot in time. So, shirted assistant is probably all I'd hope to do :D
  13. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've heard back from the organizer on this that she is willing to take Star Wars costumes from any of the SW movies - not just ROTJ. I need to submit a head count for this on the 27th, so if you're interested in volunteering please post here or on The Rebellion boards so I can submit your name. Please include which costume you'll be wearing as well.

The event is 11am-6pm on Sat the 5th. I don't think we'll be in costume the entire time though. But we will be getting a catered dinner at the end. :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention - she'd really like to see a Vader there. She wanted me to check with Strawbary to see if her costume could attend.

~Doc_Bev
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have vader but I will have to see if I can get someone tall to wear it...I'm really tired of the dark helmet jokes ;) LOL
  15. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll have to check and see if we can go, it seems like a fun event to do. *pokes drogon*
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    yes this is the event I posted back in begiining of Sept asking everyone to go. There was no response so I referred Rochester to the Contact on that. LOL
  17. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll be there :D All day if I can get my arse out of bed early enough.
  18. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    andy this is for a diff event than the fetsival we are attending at the end of the month LOL (based on your yahoo post)

Can u go to both ? That would be great!
  19. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm...I've been poked . I hate to wait till the last minute to commit for things, but I guess I'll give a "We'll see" to this one. Back to back Saturdays can be hectic and since my wife doesn't participate, I don't want her feeling we're always gone. Plus Saturday mornings are generally busy with a schedule obligation each week. Someone will let you know for sure when we know for sure.
  20. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just checking in to see who was still interested in the event this weekend.
    Be sure to check out the planning thread over on our boards.

Here's a copy of the most updated volunteer list:

Volunteers:
    (updated 11/02/05 at 8:30pm)

Definite:
    KnightShade - Chewbacca
    Doc_Bev - Jedi or RFT
    TX4277 - Stealth Trooper
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo - Ewok Celebration Dress
    Ayka - Stormtrooper
    Modernism
    DarthArjuna

Interested/Tentative:
    Matrix-Jedi
    Strawbary
    MadKidJedi
    RSWingut
    Drogon
    Raef-Wolfe

Unable:
    Nevets
    Bill & Diane

Unknown:
    TC0620
    Adam Rosen
    Akayeon
    SWF-JPB
    HothGirl
    BlueRoommate

Let me know if there are any corrections or additions.
    Here is my current plan for times:

Get there at 11am
    Take a lunch break from 1pm-2pm
    troop again until 5pm
    partake in the catered dinner

~Doc_Bev

21. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    I believe myself, raef, and Arjuna won't be there. At one time we were considering it, but since we went to the Halloween parade last week, I would say this is out for this week. Neither Raef nor Arjuna are here at the present, but I think Arjunas post saying he would be there was confusion over last week's event. In any case, I DO know he has to work tonight and from 5:30-11:00 tomorrow night.
  22. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Pictures for this event are posted up on Rochester Fandom (there's a link over in our planning thread).

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.