main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson November Food Drive

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, I'm usurping some of Cat's authory and starting some threads for events coming up (just kidding Cat)! But it's just easier for questions and stuff. Here if the thread for the upcoming food drive at Game Stop. Cat has set the date. Ill be there, I can get the day off. When was it again Cat?

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    nov 19th.. since we already planned on meeting that day.. figured that would be a good day to do it. we will have it at gamestop.. planned and set with Joe there at the store.

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we need to be there at 10am and do it for four or five hours.. I am sending out radio inquiries today.

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    So we're not doing it on the launch day of the 360 also?

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    no..they think launch day is a bit too much to handle for activities along with the food bank drive..

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. the food bank is supplying us with posters to put up and the boxes to put out for collections.. food accepted is anything that is non perishable.. this includes canned and boxed and some jars as well.. I'll just need some strong folks to help load the boxes onto the bed of the truck.. then the foodbank will make a pickup at the house on monday morning between 8am -10am.

great to know they supply us with the boxes .. I will go and pick them up this week.

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill talk to the Kinko's guys tomorrow to see how fast they can get a banner to us, but if they cant get it tous before the food drive, Ill make one up, bigger than the old one as a back up.

Cat, can yo contact your moles at the TV stations, the are still covering food drives etc, and this would definetly interest them, and remind them how they covered the Katrina drive!

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill talk to the Kinko's guys tomorrow to see how fast they can get a banner to us, but if they cant get it tous before the food drive, Ill make one up, bigger than the old one as a back up.

Cat, can yo contact your moles at the TV stations, the are still covering food drives etc, and this would definetly interest them, and remind them how they covered the Katrina drive!

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes.. I can contact all them.. but don't get hopes up for the tv stations.. this is not as big of news to them as doing the Hurricane Katrina Fundraiser.

I already sent out messages to radio.. just hoping to hear back.

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Don't they open at 10:00 am? Will we be able to get in early to "suit up"?

PS.... Does Jake want me to bring a FX saber? I PROMISE I'll remember it this time if he does.

[face_worried]

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    not sure about getting in early.. I will call and ask... and yes.. I know Jake would love to use the lightsaber.

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Which one does he want (red is discounted being that Dustin will be using his)

Blue- Anakin+Vader (IE. Skywalker saber)

Green- Luke

Purple- Mace

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well.. you could bring blue or green... what would I have to do to convince you to bring both and allow me the other jedi to carry one of them.. [face_blush]

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Blue and green it is

15. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Ok, So November 19th at 10 am at GAMESTOP on Wetmore near WalMart.

I have some CPS people willing to get involved...I just need to be 100% certain that this IS the correct info for this drive! With the CPS people involved we could possibly have a HUGE turn out..they know people who know people who know people who know people.... [face_hypnotized]

16. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Awesome, do it Frakie! Network baby! I have a guy willing to be our Tie Pilot if Chris is not going to be there.

17. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    The game's the same, only the name has changed.

Guess I'd better finish sewing up my wookiee suit and get rid of all those safety pins!

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    AND BRING MY WATER BOTTLE!!!!(4 to 5 hours, I'll need it!)

19. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I took off time for my birthday and I'm just getting caught up on this.

Saturday at 10am?

OK, I'll see what I can do. I just talked to the Sith Cheerleader and she'll do it. ;) I think I might try to put the Sith Symbol on it in fact. ;)

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Happy Birthday!!!

21. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey Frankie, is Chris coming? I need to know if I should bring the Tie costume.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. I have sent out a second round of media emails..and made a few phone calls as well.. we shall hope for a great turn out :)

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    to keep this up to date.. we are having a foodbank drive this saturday at gamestop on wetmore.. starts at 10am and goes till around 2pm.. hope we can all make it.. costumes nice.. but not required at all.

and no.. I have not heard from Boba Fett.. has anyone else.

24. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Just a quick "heads up" to people living on the fringes of Met Tucson... Saturday (food drive day) is also the car traffic tie-up mess known as El Tour de Tucson. Bicyclists will be riding all over the outer roads at various times, so plan your driving routes accordingly.

Not that there's anything wrong with riding a bike...

25. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Vader, Not 100% sure, but bring it Just in case...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.