JCC [NOVEMBER IS] AmazingB Awareness Month

Discussion in 'Community' started by AmazingB, Nov 2, 2013.

1. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Hello and welcome to the Somewhere Between 5th and 10th Annual AmazingB Awareness Month! Every year at this time I hear complaints about Christmas overshadowing other holidays, primarily Thanksgiving, occasionally Halloween. But, I don't hear so much about it overshadowing AmazingB Awareness Month. And that makes me sad. Sad that Awareness has not spread to the point that people are annoyed at a lack of Awareness! We must do better! We will do better!

Last year you may recall we were delayed in our Awareness raising due to Hurricane Sandy. I was all set to constantly reference Sandy as "she" when it occurred to me that Sandy is an androgynous name and it is not 1978 any more and they alternate male and female names these days. I am far too lazy to look up the named storms immediately before and after, so will continue to refer to Sandy as simply Sandy. Besides, everyone is already Aware of Sandy. Apparently leaving a path of destruction in your wake across the northeast is sufficient for Awareness purposes. I'll need to look into that for future Awareness campaigns. Stupid Sandy stealing Awareness!

Our goal this year is to out-Awareness Sandy! We're off to a terrible start. Stupid local news and their "One Year Later" stories. They're barely even covering AmazingB Awareness!

So friends, get out there and raise Awareness!

Amazing.
  2. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I was watching parts of last night's Heat/Nets game (in Brooklyn), and not a word mentioned of about it. :( All the sports teams out to have a green apple decal/patch to commemorate this month.
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    Hopefully, this'll finally set rogue ten straight on what the "Amazing" at the end of your posts means.
    MrZAP and DarthTunick like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    The local stores haven't even set up AmazingB decorations yet! Shameful.
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  6. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
  7. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    By posting that very same picture in another thread I have spread Awareness(note the capital letter).

I think B could make epic JCC history if he would but post a pic of the...well...the fingers and nose thingy. EPIC. HISTORY.
    Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  8. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
    I have now contributed to Awareness (!!!) in three different threads and thus fulfilled my civic duty to the B.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Violent Violet Menace, Nov 2, 2013
  9. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    AmazingB factoid: I once waited in line with AmazingB for a ten minute spoiler presentation at Celebration 3. An off duty police officer was present.

I was kinda boring.
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I am somewhat aware, but don't really care for the details.
    Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  11. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I do, so perhaps you can go into the details and history of Amazingb awareness month.
  12. Zapdos Force Ghost

star 5
  13. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    This is sooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
  15. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    We need a hip ad campaign. How much funding for marketing is there?
  16. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    None since all funding for anything will go to my yacht fund.
  17. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Oh... I thought it was AmazingT.
  18. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    o_O That sounds like embezzlement.

Anyway, I suggest we create a film presentation to show in schools throughout the nation to spread Awareness to all of the young people. I fear AmazingB unAwareness is especially prevalent among children.
  19. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Well this just beyond the pale. The Hallmark Channel is already airing round-the-clock made-for-TV Christmas movies (in the Holiday in Handcuffs mold...don't act like you haven't seen it!). Meanwhile, not a single AmazingB special has aired. Please begin letter writing campaigns immediately. My people tell me letters are still culturally relevant.

Amazing.
  20. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9