main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meet: Boston Super Megafest 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    It's never too early to discuss an upcoming meet, right? ;)

I've mentioned this here and there since late spring, but for those of you who didn't catch it, there's a convention in November (the 20th and 21st) called Super Megafest. It's held at the Sheraton in Framingham. They usually have pretty awesome guests. I've never been to the con myself but I've heard many good things about it.

Since this convention is in the Boston area, I feel we should have a presence there. I've been in touch with the promoters and I'm trying to find out how we can get involved. Ideally, I'd like us to have a table there all weekend and possibly even co-sponsor some sort of guest. I'm supposed to hear back from the promoters sometime in the next week, so I'll keep you guys updated about any new developments.

I think it's safe to say that this will be our November meet. Even if we don't get a table and we are nothing more than regular convention attendees, it's still a great place for a meet. :)

2. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I will most likely be thwere over the weekend with the NEG 501st. Please let me know whats needed for the day .... will we have the final new T-SHIRTS for BR by then ??? When do we start voting ? Just curious

justin Manning

3. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    We will definitely have new t-shirts by then. Voting will begin soon!

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Sounds like fun! :)

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Isn't there like some law of physics that states you can't be 501st and a Boston Rebel?

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    There shouldn't be, but unfortunately the relationship between FanForce and the 501st isn't always very friendly. I know of FanForces that get along with the 501st great, and I know of ones that don't. Hopefully Justin won't get hassled about it.

7. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    As long as its a "Movie Quality Costume" he'll be ok. [face_plain]

8. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Do they have a particualr beef with us?
    (I should probably start another thread, eh? lol)

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, you probably should if this is going to turn into a big discussion. ;)

10. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I had the pleasure of trooping with the 501st NEG. Nice lot of folks!!

The is an "unwritten" rule of FF/501st, but the groups that communicate and are cool with each other see thru that. (ex:NJO/MEPA and NER)

I hope you guys can work with them. IT makes events that much more powerful.

~DG~

11. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    ~DG~ would you by chance be able to come up north for this event by chance ????? would love to see you again man... wife also.. please tell her I said hello !!!!! Thanks chief....

Hope to see you at DC this year also

Justin Manning

12. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Not sure what our schedules will be like, but we'll see if the NJO can make a road trip. Depends on what everyone's up to :) Would love to come up that way though soon!

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I did hear back from one of the promoters in mid-August, and at that point he said he hoped to have an answer for me within the next week. Well, hehe, I never heard from him, so I emailed him again this morning. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else. :)

Some good news though - Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are both on their guest list now. :D I've always wanted to meet Anthony Daniels. I met Kenny Baker in San Diego, a very nice guy.

14. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Ooh! Daniels and Baker will both be there? I was going to pass on this show, but now that they're going to be there I may change my mind. I didn't notice it anywhere on the site, but does anyone know how much they'll be charging for their autograph?

15. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Daniels & Baker will both be there? Now I really hope I can make it! *drool* The only thing that could match this is news that Denis "Wedge" Lawson would be there, but since he's not willing to be associated with Star Wars anymore, I'll have to keep dreaming.

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I think they're still in the process of adding guests, so don't see that list as complete just yet. As for autograph charges, I'm guessing $20 a piece. Maybe a little more, but $20 is fairly standard for an 8x10" print.

17. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I just want a picture (taken w/ my own camera) w/ the men behind everyone's two favorite droids. How much for that? :D

18. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I wouldn't imagine it would be very much at all if you used your own camera, but I don't know for certain.

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Most of the time at smaller conventions like this one, celebs will pose for pictures for free. You just need to ask nicely.

20. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I don't charge for my picture and autograph ....much. :p

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Wow, Roseanna! I'm surprised with all your travelling you've never met Mr Daniels. He is super super nice.
    We got to meet him before C2 when he did an appearance at a mall in Indy. I got a pic of me & him holding my SW xmas CD :)

22. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    ANOTHER SW GUEST ADDED.
    I do plan on being there, and I know of the REBEL LEGION talking about getting a table also. NEXT TO THE 501st one.

I will be bringing my computer with slideshow for it if the RL gets a table top this event.

Justin.
    GTG STRAWBERRIES in Quincy DVD release to go to tonight....
    Need to shower n get my costumes to go by 9pm later all

I will show pics at the Meet when I get there eventually lol

23. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Now that's one autograph I would be interested in getting. I have not seen Anthony Daniels anywhere before. Kenny Baker was at this show last time I went and Jeremy Bulloch as well.

Hopefully they could get one more SW actor there that would be great!

24. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    That was the sad thing about C2, Daniels was there but not doing any signings. Maybe noe I can get him to sign my CD!
    Just looked at the guest list and saw Isis! [face_love]
    Yeah, like most of you know who she is, rofl. Dern kids!

25. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Just letting you guys know, us NJ folks have been in talks about visiting you guys for this :) Rose, if you want to plan a dinner or something for all of us, you know how to find me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.