main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The original plan for this month was to take on a local Star Trek group in a bowling match. Unfortunately they have not been able to work their schedules out to meet with us this month. They were hoping to do it in December but that meet is scheduled to be Return of the King. So we will try again in early next year. That being said I think another bowling meet could be fun. Last time was a big success.We bowled,ate a giant candy bar then played pool for hours.

I thought we could spice this meet up by having the results determine who will be on the bowling team that will eventually take on the dreaded Trekkers or Trekies( whatever they want to call themselves). In addition the person with the highest score will win a spiffy trophy and a secret prize. So here are the details.....

Date: November 15 2003
    Time: 12 Noon
    Event: Boston Rebel Open
    Place of meeting: Ryan Family Amusement Center
    Under Fenway Park

Thoughts or comments?

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Thought: let's try to get a different lane this time. The lanes that we landed last time, if you remember, were so lopsided that it was impossible to roll in a straight line.

Question: are we all gonna be able to finish whatever economy-sized confection Scott brings along this time?? :p

3. Nazgul_Hood

Nazgul_Hood Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    November 15th is bad for me - I have a meeting that morning. :(

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Last time we did this, some of us were still there into the early evening (like Scott said, we really did play pool for hours, hehehe). So maybe after your meeting you could still drop by for a bit? We're not going to care that you're late. :)

5. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    The new managers at work are making all employees come to a staff meeting on the 15th. This is the third meet in a row I can't make it to. :_|

6. Nazgul_Hood

Nazgul_Hood Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Staff meetings suck.

So maybe after your meeting you could still drop by for a bit? We're not going to care that you're late.

I won't be getting out till at least noon (after working all night), and I have to be in to work again that night. Gotta sleep sometime.

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Ah, I see. I'm sorry you both can't come. :( Hopefully you'll both be able to make the December meet though! :)

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Place of meeting: Ryan Family Amusement Center Under Fenway Park

Could someone please clarify the location again?

9. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    To get there:

Take the Green Line to Kenmore Square. Thus, you'd hop on an B, C, or D (not E!) train from downtown, and take it Outbound to Kenmore.

When you get upstairs in Kenmore, you'll see red signs that point to Fenway Park.

Go out the left side, and then turn right and go up the stairs. You'll be heading towards Fenway. You'll pass a McDonalds, a Store 24, and you'll see a Pizzaria Uno's in front of you.

This street is Brookline Ave., and it runs across the MassPike. Walk over the bridge and you'll see Fenway Park right in front of you. Ryan Family Amusements is on the corner of Brookline Ave. and Landsdowne St.

-------------------------------

Master of the T :cool:

10. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah, what he said ^ :D

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks Darth Dowe! You really are a Master of the T :). Not that I'm down around Fenway all the time, but I've never noticed this place before. One more question. Which kind of bowling alley is it, (please excuse my phrasing of the question but I don't know how else to ask) little balls or big balls?

12. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I believe its candlepin (small balls)

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Must resist the urge to giggle like a school girl.

Yes, it is Candlepin not the "real" bowling Tony keeps speaking of. :p

14. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, that's right! Normal bowling is real, unlike this fake candlepin stuff! :D

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I may actually be able to make the meet after all. The meeting starts at 9:30 and may only go to about 11:00. After that I could probably hop the greenline and meet you guys at Fenway.

16. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It would be great if you could make it.

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Looks like I'll be arriving late for this one. I just found out about a club activity at BC that I have to go to; it lasts until 2pm. But I know you guys will still be there ~2:30pm, right? I hope I can still get in on a game when I arrive. :)

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm going to try and come so that I can finally meet everyone. If I am able to make it I'll have to bring my son. Is there a problem with bringing kids to meets?

19. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Not at all. Feel free to bring anyone you'd like. :)

20. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    It's official. I'm coming. :)

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
  22. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    And there was much rejoicing and happiness throughout the land. :p

23. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Having checked into things at work - sketchy things like charter assignment books and posted/covered shifts - it is with lightness of heart and exhilaration of mind that I shall be attending as well!!! :D

24. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Leah and Chris return!! I'm very excited. :D

25. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Of course, this meet has the virtue of being easily accessible by train for once... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.