main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
  2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I picked up the trophy today. It's pretty cool looking.

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Oooo, a trophy. :)

I'm doing a little website updating after next Saturday. If you are at the meet, you're on the "Active Member" part of the members page. If not, then you're "Out on Assignment." Coming to a meet will put you back on Active duty.

4. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    As one of the four Rebels at the last meet, I'm expecting to be Active :p Although I'll probably be going under deep cover for awhile...

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just a quick question. After talking to a few people it seems like a few members will be late to the meet.
    I was thinking that maybe we could move the start of the meet to a little later in the day. Those who wanted to could still arrive at noon and grab some lunch. I can always go for some lunch.

Edit: I will be posting what the secret prize for the winner is a little late later tonight.

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea to me! Everyone should post when would be easiest for them to come so we can figure out exactly what we're doing. I plan on arriving at the earliest 1:30, and at the latest 2:30.

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I don't mind what time we start. I just want as many people as possible to have a chance to play.

8. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Depends on where you want to go eat. If the food is better suited to some icky restaurant in the Midwest, no thanks, but if it's anywhere around the quality of Beantown Pub, I'm there. ;)

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, there is a Pizzeria Uno right around the corner. They have pretty good food.

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
  11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I was thinking of some ribs or steak tips but I guess you can have Pizza. :p

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey! We have some pretty damn good restaurants in the Midwest, thank you very much! :p

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh, Chris!! Why did you have to attack the Midwest. Don't you know they have crazy people out there that don't even eat meat? :p

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Silly, silly Scott. Boston is so much more vegetarian friendly than the Midwest. And I may be crazy, but I will defend my home state and region to the death! :p

15. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I'm from the Midwest too! :p

Ok, so what time are we meeting?

The restaurants around the area:
    Pizzaria Unos - Pizza and American
    Bertuccis - Italian
    BB Wolfs - BBQ
    Boston Beer Works - Everything
    McDonalds - blah

All the restaurants are within sight of each other.

16. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I will be posting what the secret prize for the winner is a little late later tonight.

If you post it, it won't be much of a secret 8-}

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Silly, silly Scott. Boston is so much more vegetarian friendly than the Midwest. And I may be crazy, but I will defend my home state and region to the death!

I'm sorry Roseanna, I couldn't hear you. I was busy eating my Hamburger and looking at the box score of the Browns loss yesterday. :p

If you post it, it won't be much of a secret

Roy, I've always been bad at keeping secrets. I always tell people what I'm giving them for Christmas.
    So anyway, the no longer secret prize consists of the following an Episode One Sneak Preview Mace Windu figure and a Celebration 2 Jorg Sacul figure

The person who comes in second place will get a 12 inch Imperial Officer figure.

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm sorry Roseanna, I couldn't hear you. I was busy eating my Hamburger and looking at the box score of the Browns loss yesterday. :p

That must have been a crunchy hamburger! Yuck! Or perhaps you were chewing with your mouth open and that's why it was so loud. :p

And hey, while it would have been nice to beat the only undefeated team in the NFL, at least we didn't get creamed like Buffalo did. :p

Don't make me start a Midwest vs. Northeast thread for this!

Anyway, as for a later time to start the actual game, does 2pm work for everyone? Or should it be earlier, like 1pm or 1:30pm?

19. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Roseanna, Tony...sorry if you guys thought I was generalising - I'm talking further west than both of you. ;) What came to mind was that Godawful fast-food joint Hardee's, which thankfully I have yet to see east of Toledo. When I drove out to Minnesota last month, there was one at every rest stop west of Toledo - made me sick.

I dunno, I'm just getting insensitive in my old age... :p

Never having chowed down any place in Ohio (or Illinois), I'll just take your word for it. ;) ANYWAY, Pizzeria Uno is okay by me, as is a game time of 2pm just to make sure everybody arrives in time. Just one more t'ing: those of us who are showing up at noon, do we want to meet up at the T stop or the restaurant?

20. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I believe it might be easiest to meet at the restaurant. Unos has a small area just inside the doors, and to get to the restaurant, you climb some stairs.

We'd be out of the cold, and out of the T travelers' way. :)

21. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    That sounds good to me as well.

22. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I am trying for this meet. I can probably do it. One of the joys about being older is that my parents are starting to treat me like it. =]

23. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Don't make me start a Midwest vs. Northeast thread for this!

You do remember our conversation about Manifest Destiny, right? You have no chance. Its just like with the South gets all loud. All we have to do to put them back in place is remind them how I-95 was built. (General Sherman). Don't make us have to conquer the Midwest again. It won't be pretty. [face_mischief]

24. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Haha! I know Sherman isn't well liked in Atlanta! :p

25. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Don't make us have to conquer the Midwest again

I hear they're secretly building a cow army...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.