November meeting- 11/13/04 to see Incredibles

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Well I think it's time we had another one on the far side of the river.

Any location suggestions? Maybe a Barnes and Noble, Bread Co, or something alond those lines? I want to have a little more of a discussion meeting this time around. Where we're going with the club, what we want to do in the coming months. That sort of thing. After October we are going to need a bit of time to recover.

How does the Saturday after Thanksgiving sound? That would be the 27th of November. If no one likes that date I will gladly change it.

Any topics you would like discussed at this meeting post here. I will keep a running list.

After the regular meeting if everyone wants to go out for a post meeting/post Thanksgiving recovery session at a resturant, I'm game.
  2. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll be gone that whole weekend of Thanksgiving, I believe...probably Chicago. I could be wrong though.
  3. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Crazy! I just posted in the other thread that I'd be in town until at least Thanksgiving. Pretty sure I'll be in Atlanta over that weekend.

It's just nuts with the timing of these things.
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    The 20th then? or maybe the 13th and we can combine this with the beer meeting. Go to the Normal meeting then head to Show-Me's Fairview after that.
  5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I will probably be out of town at that time.
  6. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
  7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll get back to you on that Dajuan. Don't have an answer right now. I know we are going out of town around that time.
  8. MiracleMets22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    As soon as we can get a definative date, I can request off for work, it only has to be I think at least 2 weeks in advance, so plenty of time. I'm looking forward to actually being able to go to a meeting (crosses fingers to prevent jinx)
  9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    The 13th is firm. We will met at a B&N and head to Show-Me's Fairview after that.
  10. gilraen Jedi Knight

star 1
    We can probably make it, but I will need directions...

Thanks! :)
  11. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Guess this means I should figure out where the place is then :)
  12. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyplace in St Louis will be fine. I will be looking forward to meeting fans. I used to meet a lot of fans when I was a KB Toy Store Manager before they closed my store down.
  13. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    We decided at the meeting yesterday that we will go see the Incredibles at the OFallon Cine, then head to either Amy's or Tim's place to hang afterward. It will be the 13th of November. I'll check for movie times soon to decide when we will see it.
  14. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Knight

star 1
    How will I know who everyone is?
  15. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I assume someone in the group will be wearing a Star Wars shirt. Or just visit Dajuan's website (in her profile I believe) and remember her face. She's at everything.
  16. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm casting my vote for right around Thanksgiving. Otherwise I won't be in town again.
  17. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn. I won't be able to make it. I had planned on it, till I actually payed attention to what day it was. I am hosting a Halo 2 party at my house that day. Hmmm, wait, maybe I can convince everyone to get here really early, then cancel the lan party afterwards. Hmmmm. Then its just the issue of friends coming down from Chicago for it. Well, I'll let you guys know, but right now it looks like a no.
  18. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Bummer to both Jo(h)ns. The 13th is about the best date because no one else will be here for the 27th.
  19. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    And we're the life of the Party!
  20. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Sorry! I can please some of the people all of the time, all the people some of the time. But I can't please all the people all the time. So there :p

We'll have others ;)
  22. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    And we're the life of the Party!

Indeed. :D (That takes a little burden off of me! ;))
  23. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    If it helps at all, I just found out that i'll only be gone on Thanksgiving day.
  24. gilraen Jedi Knight

star 1
    We are not going anywhere for Thanksgiving either...
  25. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, nothing official yet, so don't get your hopes up. Anyway, my friend lives in some really nice apartments off the Paige Extension, for those who know where that is. Anyway, they have a nice multimedia room, which is basically a mini movie theater. It has a large TV,(Haven't actually seen it myself, don't know how large) with surround sound, movie theater style seating, and all the other fun goodies.

Current plan is for him to reserve it, probably thanksgiving weekend to sit down and watch all 5 movies. Once we find out if this is going through, he told me I could invite you guys. So anyway, just letting you know, date not final yet. Might not even be that weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.