main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO November meeting- 11/13/04 to see Incredibles

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Well I think it's time we had another one on the far side of the river.

Any location suggestions? Maybe a Barnes and Noble, Bread Co, or something alond those lines? I want to have a little more of a discussion meeting this time around. Where we're going with the club, what we want to do in the coming months. That sort of thing. After October we are going to need a bit of time to recover.

How does the Saturday after Thanksgiving sound? That would be the 27th of November. If no one likes that date I will gladly change it.

Any topics you would like discussed at this meeting post here. I will keep a running list.

After the regular meeting if everyone wants to go out for a post meeting/post Thanksgiving recovery session at a resturant, I'm game.

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'll be gone that whole weekend of Thanksgiving, I believe...probably Chicago. I could be wrong though.

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Crazy! I just posted in the other thread that I'd be in town until at least Thanksgiving. Pretty sure I'll be in Atlanta over that weekend.

It's just nuts with the timing of these things.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The 20th then? or maybe the 13th and we can combine this with the beer meeting. Go to the Normal meeting then head to Show-Me's Fairview after that.

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I will probably be out of town at that time.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Which dates JCF?

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I'll get back to you on that Dajuan. Don't have an answer right now. I know we are going out of town around that time.

8. MiracleMets22

MiracleMets22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    As soon as we can get a definative date, I can request off for work, it only has to be I think at least 2 weeks in advance, so plenty of time. I'm looking forward to actually being able to go to a meeting (crosses fingers to prevent jinx)

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The 13th is firm. We will met at a B&N and head to Show-Me's Fairview after that.

10. gilraen

gilraen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    We can probably make it, but I will need directions...

Thanks! :)

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Guess this means I should figure out where the place is then :)

12. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Anyplace in St Louis will be fine. I will be looking forward to meeting fans. I used to meet a lot of fans when I was a KB Toy Store Manager before they closed my store down.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We decided at the meeting yesterday that we will go see the Incredibles at the OFallon Cine, then head to either Amy's or Tim's place to hang afterward. It will be the 13th of November. I'll check for movie times soon to decide when we will see it.

14. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    How will I know who everyone is?

15. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I assume someone in the group will be wearing a Star Wars shirt. Or just visit Dajuan's website (in her profile I believe) and remember her face. She's at everything.

16. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm casting my vote for right around Thanksgiving. Otherwise I won't be in town again.

17. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Damn. I won't be able to make it. I had planned on it, till I actually payed attention to what day it was. I am hosting a Halo 2 party at my house that day. Hmmm, wait, maybe I can convince everyone to get here really early, then cancel the lan party afterwards. Hmmmm. Then its just the issue of friends coming down from Chicago for it. Well, I'll let you guys know, but right now it looks like a no.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Bummer to both Jo(h)ns. The 13th is about the best date because no one else will be here for the 27th.

19. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    And we're the life of the Party!

20. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
  21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry! I can please some of the people all of the time, all the people some of the time. But I can't please all the people all the time. So there :p

We'll have others ;)

22. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    And we're the life of the Party!

Indeed. :D (That takes a little burden off of me! ;))

23. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    If it helps at all, I just found out that i'll only be gone on Thanksgiving day.

24. gilraen

gilraen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    We are not going anywhere for Thanksgiving either...

25. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, nothing official yet, so don't get your hopes up. Anyway, my friend lives in some really nice apartments off the Paige Extension, for those who know where that is. Anyway, they have a nice multimedia room, which is basically a mini movie theater. It has a large TV,(Haven't actually seen it myself, don't know how large) with surround sound, movie theater style seating, and all the other fun goodies.

Current plan is for him to reserve it, probably thanksgiving weekend to sit down and watch all 5 movies. Once we find out if this is going through, he told me I could invite you guys. So anyway, just letting you know, date not final yet. Might not even be that weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.