main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI November Meeting 2004

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BultarSwan, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    The November meeting is going to be on Saturday the 20th. Our meeting will again be held at the Barnes and Noble in Rivertown Crossings Mall from 6pm to 9pm. I hope to see you all there!

I decided to try starting a bit earlier. This will give us more time to talk. :)

If you can't be there for the whole meeting, feel free to come anyways. :)

2. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    sorry - thought we were going to try earlier in the afternoon - holidays are approaching - less and less time available in the evening

3. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Sorry to hear that, lovelucas. :( I hope to have the next meeting at an earlier time. :) Perhaps we'll even have a chance to do something for Christmas. :D

4. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    sounds good I'll be there.

5. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    you know the meetings are at the mall... whats better than christmas shopping and fan club meetings??
    besides nobody said you have to stay for the whole meeting, just stop by.

6. S_Apprentice

S_Apprentice Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2004
    Hello everybody.

Wanted to drop a line in here.

Might be at the meeting, might not. Kind of depends on the Michigan/Ohio State game and when it gets done on Saturday.

We'll see what happens though.

Later

7. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    I may or may not be there, but most likely not. I just got word last night that a very close friend of mine's mother has passed away. She's been battling cancer for almost five years now, and she's finally gone home. Anyway, there are a lot of folks from my graduating class coming back home for the funeral, and so I think it's safe to say all weekend plans, or plans for the rest of the week, really, are off. Sorry, all.

8. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    avalon, rv - sorry to hear that - it's especially difficult losing people towards the end of the year - just sad..

and re meeting and stopping by in the midst of shopping -yep it does sound like great timing/location however - i think people have many many things to take care of during the holidays. saturday nights are just difficult; gatherings of friends and family and even holiday parties all scarf them up

9. GeneralCrespin

GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    I'll be there if I remember. :D

10. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    Sorry, burried in homework this weekend. Trying to get everything done so I don't have to do it over thanksgiving break and can spend time with my family.

:( Sorry! I really wanted to come this time!

Sam

11. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    As i hate to be the bearer of bad news....niether me nor bultarswan will be there this evening :( she has a family thing to do tonight...and my brother is up. so if any show up...it will prob just be the few of you to chat amongst yourselves.

Sorry for the short notice...but these things sometimes happen :(

12. GeneralCrespin

Aug 21, 2004
    Ack. I WILL be there, I just found out.

Guess we'll see what happens...

EDIT: I'll be in the cafe area, jeans and a t-shirt, but probably wearing a black coat.

13. GeneralCrespin

Aug 21, 2004
    Well... I was there for two hours but I didn't see anyone... :( I had to come home early, anyway.

What about rescheduling it next Saturday or something?

14. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    yea im sorry bout that..i would have been there if i could...but i kinda rely on bultarswan to get back from there..and alas...if i came...i would have been stranded..and thats not cool :(

15. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    i hung around barnes & noble for an 1-1/2 hours
    i'd be up for next sat.

16. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    well youll have to run that by bultarswan...but this is turkeyday comin up...peeps might still be busy that weekend ..but i think im game. :)

17. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I'm sorry I didn't find this until now. I'm so happy there is a GR chapter. I was really starting to miss my monthly doses of Star Wars with AFF (Austin, TX). hopefully I'll be at the next one.

18. GeneralCrespin

Aug 21, 2004
    Sorry, jabba974. Any takers on us walking right past each other? :p

19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    GC, I could see that possibly happening. :p

To all of you, I'm so so sorry I couldn't be there. My two cousins were in a play and I went because I barely ever see my relatives. I wish I had been able to get online sooner, but to the circumstances that just wasn't possible.

Perhaps we could throw something together the first Saturday of December and then the regular meeting later. Hmm... shopping for presents sounds like a plan, I still need to do a lot of that. :p

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

As far as our own website goes, I'm hoping that when we finally get it up and running we can have a page of our pictures so that people will recognize us when they see us irl. That would be great.

For future reference, if you ever find that you don't see anyone else who is part of the FF that you know, pull out your SW book or sign or whatever you have. That's the only way that I know of to be sure.

20. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm game for that...:p

21. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    let me know I'm up for it.

22. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    wave that magic wand bultar...er....or is that magic lightsaber...eh...either one, and make it happen :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.