main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meeting And Sci-Fi Putt-Putt Challenge

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

Our meeting location has changed for November since the Klingon Assault Group (KAG) will be holding their charity Sci-Fi Putt-Putt Challenge on our usual meeting date and, as always, we're going to participate in the fun. We will still be holding officer elections, but they will be held at Malibu Grand Prix before the putt-putt challenge, just like we did last year.

We will meet at the Malibu Grand Prix at 5400 Brookhollow Parkway (Near I-85 and Indian Trail Road) in Norcross on November 15th, at noon. After the officer elections, we will join in the merry chaos that is the Sci-Fi Putt-Putt Challenge.

To participate in the putt-putt challenge, bring $6.00 and a canned food donation that will be given to the Bread of Life food bank. The $6.00 and canned food donation will get you 36 holes of mini-golf and a Go-Kart ride.

For those of you who have been to one of KAG's Sci-Fi Putt-Putt Challenges, you know there is nothing quite like seeing a Klingon in full gear playing putt-putt and driving go-karts. ;)

If anyone has any questions, please let me or any other officer know.

See everyone on the 15th! :)

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Man you guys do all the fun stuff. Can I move to Atlanta and join your group?

If all goes well you guys can have a trial offer if i can get to Dragon CON next year.
    if ya like me..KEEP ME!

3. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Is there a money back guarantee? Do we get our money back if we're not satisfied? :p

4. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    "Is there a money back guarantee? Do we get our money back if we're not satisfied?"

You betcha. But I've never had an un-satisfied cutomer.

also Act now and get a limited edition numbered Deadpool collectors plate (retail value $.01)

and a cake pan in the shape of Wyoming.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm just in it for the cake pan. :p

6. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Just for the record, we kicked some Klingon buttocks in mini-golf. But I think they got us in the bumper boats. Of course, Jimmy having the only boat with a water shooter did let us go out in some glory! 8-}

We DO have a fun time with the Klingons. They're a wacky bunch. Now, if we can get the Starfleet and Farscape clubs to get into the spirit of things, we'd really get going!

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I made friends with a few Klingons on Saturday. By the time we reached the 12th hole, I was screaming "I am invincible" with them. :p

My fave highlights:

*Me doing the "cabbage patch" dance with a Klingon.

*Me shooting a hole-in-one on hole 12.

*Jimmy executing a pit maneuver on a annoying kid during his go-kart race, which sent the brat right into the tires that line the race track.

*Me winning the go-kart race in which I participated. Mearle came in a close second. It was a hard-fought battle, and he wants a rematch. ;)

*The bumper boat wars. Those were hilarious! [face_laugh]

*Between all the sci-fi groups there, we collected an amazing amount of canned food for the Bread of Life food bank.

I always look forward to the Sci-Fi Putt-Putt Challenges sponsered by KAG. They're always a riot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.