main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meeting / Potluck Dinner

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey everyone! :)

Our next meeting will be on November 17th at Jace Darkrider's home. We will begin at noon. This meeting will be very important, as officer elections will be taking place.

After the meeting, we will enjoy a potluck dinner (We have learned that offering food brings everyone out of the woodwork. :p ).

We are asking everyone who attends to contribute $2.00 toward a Honeybaked Ham.

If you are interested in attending or need further information, please contact me via private message or e-mail at minacia@fanforce.net.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I forgot to mention something in my last post. We are also asking everyone who attends Saturday's meeting to bring two canned food items. All food collected will be donated to the Atlanta Community Food Bank.

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    As always, thanks for an incredibly fun meeting, gang. I don't think I can ever look at the Holiday Special again without thinking how especially close Han and Chewie are. ::smirk::

I hope everyone had fun at Harry Potter. I finally went yesterday morning and loved it. But, alas, no Star Wars trailer.

Since Yahoo Groups seems to be having issues, today, I'll try to get the minutes posted, later.

4. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I hope everyone had a good time at the potluck. I am mixed on my reaction to the Harry Potter film. I wanted to like it sooo much, but it was just so-so. I guess it ran a little too long for me. It felt like there were scenes that could have been cut. I'll go see the sequel and I intend to read the books and see what I think from there. Fortunately, the theater we went to see it at did have the Episode II trailer. I was so happy. The Hothlanta group cheered and applauded for the trailer.

On a side note, it seems our list on Yahoo! is broken. Other lists I belong too don't seem to have the same problem. I sent an email to Yahoo! and hopefully they will get this fixed. I wonder what happened. Maybe Jimmy is behind this ;)

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Mmmmm... mmmmm.. good! Honey-baked Ham is the dinner of Champions! :D

6. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I hate that I had to leave the meeting early on Saturday, but my family was coming into town, and it is always a good idea to actually be at home when they show up. ;)

Thanks to everyone who brought food for the potluck, and canned food for the food drive. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.