main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    By scientific calculations, it will take us at least a month to figure when/where/what is going on with the November Meeting, so we may as well get started now. From the last meeting it seemed like everyone was cool with bowling, on November 15th. I like the idea a lot. It was also suggested that we go in costume, but that would just be blasty cool. So, should we just go during the afternoon, or should we shoot for the cosmic bowling? I think cosmic bowling with a trooper would be really cool. Here's what I'm thinking:

Meet sometime in the late afternoon, say around 4-5ish, order some pizza or something and watch one of the SW movies to get everyone in the mood and all hyped up and because it's just something we need to do, then head over to the bowling alley around 7-8ish and bowl until they're done. That would give everyone the first half of the day to get HW and stuff done, or some of us could get together and do whatever before the event. If everyone isn't too busy (as I fall off my stool laughing) we could have a T-shirt jam session or something. I dunno, I just don't want to do my statics HW so I'm rambling.

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Sounds cool. I'm in.

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I really liked the costumed (or not) bowling thing. Also, throwing a movie in there is a great idea! I'm down! :)

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey guys, according to the resident Riddle astronomer, the Leonid meteor shower is going to be the 13th and 14th. I'm going to be heading out with him to check it out, but do we want to try and tie that into the meeting at all (which I realize is the 15th, but it's so dang close anyway)? If he does the normal thing where everyone comes out to the West Lawn and checks it out, I think it would be awesome to have some costumed people out there walking around. Just a thought :)

5. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    it is all good for me, but how does jack feel bowling in his trooper getup, that will be a sight

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It's already time for the Leonids again? Geez, time flies!

Don't forget to send me the meeting info, once you have it all worked out. :)

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah guys, our meeting is next weekend so we have about a week to hammer this out. If no one posts any ideas then I'll just go Co-Dictator and make up some stuff [face_devil]

8. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    bowl, food. there are my ideas. i mean 10 pin, not that other hand size, 2lb. ball crap with the small pins. Candle pin i think it is called

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    no no no, full sized.

Ok, so do we want to do the Cosmic bowl at night, which would give us time for a real meeting, dinner, and possibly a movie before hand? Or does everyone want to bowl in the afternoon and try and do something afterwards? If we do cosmic bowling then someone needs to call and reserve a lane. I think if we go in costume then the cosmic bowl will be much more fun. Bear in mind that we'll probably be there until midnight (which I don't have a problem with)

10. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    You obviously know more about bowling that I do. Just keep in mind that if we're costume bowling I need atleast 10 minutes to suit up and a place to do it before hand.

-Jack

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That shouldn't be a problem. You could probably change into the undersuit wherever we start out and put the whites on at the alley, if that's cool. I don't know though. As far as I know there are only 3 of us with costumes, but I'll take any excuse to troop out :D

12. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Night bowling sounds good. But, as always, let me know so I can not fly on Sunday morning.

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm all for night bowling. I do know, however, that I am going to have a nasty weekend of cramming and last minute project working, so I will not be able to do much prior to the bowling. Hopping into Jedi garb and doing some cosmic bowling sounds like a great study break, though.

What bowling alley will we be going to? Does anyone have a preference?

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, so do we not want to do something before hand? We still need to have a meeting, preferably before we get to the place and everyone loses focus (which is not a hard thing for this group)

I also just remembered that the Empire Strikes Back TCG expansion comes out this month. Does anyone want to get a few games in before the meeting?

Check out the new expansion here. It's a 210 card set, which I really don't like because that is going to be very expensive, but the cards look frelling sweet! ARMOR!!!

15. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I really can't afford to be buying buttloads of cards right now. I think I know what will be on my Christmas list, though.

I wouldn't mind a game or two anyway, as long as it is later in the day. I will have so much stuff to do that weekend. You guys are totally free to get together beforehand, but I just can't.

Does anyone have a preference as to which alley we go to?

16. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Whichever one doesn't mind someone bowling in armor. :D
    I've never been to either so whatever's fine with me.

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    so, are we doing an official meeting???

18. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Because we still do not have any officially set plans, I have not given Minacia our information to be posted. Even is we don't get it posted on the official site, we are still having our meeting.

When are we meeting? I was thinking around 7 or 8pm perhaps. Most cosmic bowling doesn't start until later and I figured 7 or 8 would be good for getting together, having a brief meeting, and possibly getting a game or two of cards in beforehand...

Also, where would we meet? I'm thinking that we should meet somewhere other than the bowling alley, as they generally don't provide the most conducive atmosphere for anything other than bowling. Any ideas?

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Just tell me where and when o' fearless leader :)

And are we costuming or should I not worry about sewing up my tabbards and cleaning the 10 WW2 German ammo pouches I found on e-bay?

20. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I will be in full garb. Hopefully others will be costumed as well. I really want to see some stormtrooper armour under black lights. :)

As far as where to meet tomorrow evening, I was kind of looking for some suggestions. Do people want to go out and get some food before we bowl? Would people like to meet on campus? I'm just trying to think of places that we could have our meeting and possibly play cards and stuff.

I'm thinking we should meet at 7pm if that's ok with everyone.

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well see, I don't know what I want to go as. Full GA whites under the black lights would be awesome, but then I've failed so many tests working on my modded Jedi garb (white/tan/brown). Decisions decisions.

7pm is fine. On campus is fine. Later!

22. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Ok. We are meeting at 7 pm in the Tallman Commons. This is in the Student Village next to the big screen TV. Does anyone know which bowling alley we are going to? And if we need to reserve lanes so we all can be together? And how many of us are going? I don't have a phone book, so if anyone wants to call the alley and find out or call me and give me the number (226-7363), I'll call the alley. If I'm not here, leave a message.
    Cat

23. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I've bee to a cosmic bowl place around here before, I just don't remember where. I will ask around and find out. I'm pretty sure Matt will remember. I'll let you guys know when I find out.

7pm in the Tallman commons. Beautiful. Thanks!

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Does that mean Jayna's making the call? Bill and I went to the place up on Ridgewood over the summer.

And were my scientific calculations not correct? ;)

25. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    You were right Q. If someone knows which bowling alley we're going to, then go ahead and make the call or give me a call and I'll do it.
    Cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.