main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    As several of us had shown interest in seeing The Incredibles, I thought that a good idea for our November meet would be to go see it.

The theater at Manor Shopping Center is the best in the area. There's also a coffee shop in the shopping center that we can meet at for talking business either before or after seeing the movie.

2. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Sounds good to me.

3. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    As we all know the Incredibles comes out November 5. You didn't well now you know. Anyway when would everyone like to go see the movie as a group. I'm thinking we could see it the second week of November. I believe it would be the 13th or 14th. So how do those days sound.

And if anyones knows where would be a good theater to meet and see it. Dave I'm looking to you for help on this one.

4. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I'll have to look into that weekend to see if I am available, but as for a theater, my suggestion is:

Regal Manor Cinemas
    1246 Millersville Pike
    Lancaster, PA 17603

It is the best theater I have found in the area. It also provides a large lobby for the initial gathering before going into the theater if the weather is bad and there is both a McDonald's and a coffee shop (can't remember the name) in this shopping center for a meeting after the movie.

5. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    Sorry about not comming to the last meeting.But i'll definatly go to this one.The Incredibles looks pretty good.And hey if we don't want to see that,theres always Shark Tale.

6. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    It's about time you got back on here Andrew! :p

As far as Shark Tale, I don't know about anyone else, but I have no interest in seeing it. If there are folks not interested in in seeing a movie we can set the time for the meeting for after the showing, and we could even make it more convenient by having the meeting closer to 30 than the theater.

7. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    Im planning on making this meeting for sure :) any day is fine with me

8. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Great, do you know if amanda wants to come?

9. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I'm not very good at directions so when you mean off of 30 what area are you talking about?

Also if we want to see this movie we should find a time to see it and set a time for the meeting afterward.

10. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Dave I was wondering if we could move the meeting to somewhere above York? Megan says she really wants to come this time but lancaster is quite a drive for her from mechanicsburg.

11. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    The only theaters in the area are the Regal Manor and the Regal West Manchester that are half-way decent and while I have never been to the West Manchester theater, I have heard from many people that it isn't very nice.

I will leave it up to ya'll. I am the leader, but as this isn't a dictatorship, I'll let you say where we will go.

12. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Lets set the meeting and movie for the west manchester mall/regal cinemas in west York.

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    As I don't know my work schedule very far in advance, I suggest that ya'll work out the best day and time and I will do what I can to make it.

I hate to say it, but November and probably even December may be too busy for me to be able to guarantee my attendance to a meeting/event.

14. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Would anyone mind if I came to your meeting?
    It's always a pleasure to meet fellow Pennsylvanians.

15. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I don't mind at all but as I just told Dave aka rebel_spook I think it would be better to move the meeting to next week cause of Dave's work and me being ill. So I think meeting next week at the west manchester mall to see the incredibles and have a meeting would be better.

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    That's cool. If it's next weekend, I'll be at a con. I'll just catch up with you guys at the meeting after that. Thanks!

17. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Other FF members are always welcome, especially those that ask so nicely! :D

As for the meeting, if I would be able to make it, it would have to be no earlier than 3 PM on Saturday, the 20th.

18. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Thats ok we could always just skip the movie and have the meeting.

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    If we are skipping the movie, then we really need to pull together a good agenda for the meeting.

If I have to work on Saturday, we could try to see the movie on Sunday around 130 PM or so.

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I found out that I am working on Sunday, so that means I am not available at all on Sunday, and at best I would be available late Saturday afternoon.

21. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    No problem saturday will still be fine.

22. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Umm Dave if we're gonna have this meeting tomorrow we got to get a time and place ironed out. I'm thinking sinse you have work until 3 that we have the meeting at 3:30 or so Saturday afternoon. I still want to see the incredibles so I was planning on seeing that earlier in the day around 1. Megan should be coming cause she has no karate this weekend and I'm feeling like a million bucks..........yet I have none. Anyway if 3:30 is fine with you were would you like to meet? The mall, TGI Fridays, Toys'rus for some suggestions?

23. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Ok what I said above just forget, maybe we should just scrap the whole thing for this month. Megan informed me she can't come again so that leaves just me and you dave unless any others want to come? But in any case if there isn't anyone else we would only be at two members making it not official.

There is a toy drive coming up in December on the 11th at the toy cave in carlise. The pennsylvania star wars collectors society and garrison carridia will be there so maybe we should join in on the event to.

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I think that scraping the meeting is unfortunate, but necessary. I am not sure that I would be able to make a meeting anyways tomorrow. I am not working at Sears tomorrow, but I will be somewhere in Lancaster County until at least 1 PM, helping do yardwork, so I will be pretty dirty and beat. I will need to be watching Sarah after that as Lis needs time to do some things.

Sunday is out for me as well as I will need the time to finish a take home exam for the class I am taking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.