November Meeting

Discussion in 'Chattanooga, TN' started by Layren, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    so...how does bowling sound to everyone else? maybe we could eat b/4 or after?
  2. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    There's a Holiday Bowl here in Hixson also (be a lot closer for us) hehe. Just throwing that out there. (I actually know how to get to this one :p )
  3. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    hello? where did all the boys go? what are we going to do?

Layren--the Holiday bowl is just down the road from Sir Gooneys--across the street from Krispy Kreme!! (yum)
  4. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    Uhmmm Krispy Kreme Yum

As the 'new guy' plus being late - I will do whatever.

Can someone give me a call once it has been decided upon?

593-8167

Thanks!
    Todd
  5. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK, Holiday Bowl near Sir Goony's at 7:00? Fine with me. I don't mind going to Hixson, but I don't know where it is and I guess we're keeping it close to where we planned on having it anyway. If we really want to, we can drive by Sir Goony's to see if it really is closed, but I guess at this point, we need to just stick with something.

Has anyone heard from southernjedi? If he doesn't make it, I'll take notes.
  6. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Nope haven't heard from him -- perhaps one of us should call him. I can't make too many personal calls but those of you who are allowed can :p Doesn't matter to me which location I was just tossing out hixson as a convenience factor for us. Since I'm not going to be bowling :p I figured we could meet here as a guilt gift for me :p if ya'll want lol. There's things to eat here in Hixson too you know ;)
  7. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    but Hixson is just that much more of a drive, and we have been trying to find more centrally located places... :)

I haven't heard from jason either--if one of you has his #, PM me with it and I'll give him a ring...I lost his card [face_blush]
  8. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    Talked to Jason--not sure if he's going to make it, but I told him about the change in plans, just in case. :)
  9. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Boy, he's a posting fool, isn't he? LOL. Glad to know he's still around!
  10. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Meeting Notes:

Attendance: Vesper2112, Layren, Layren's husband (who I still can't remember his screen name), SarkaVrae, DrthMrl, and mr_nightmarz

- Chattooine by-laws: officially adopted with understanding that additions and/or amendments can be made as we go along.

- flyers: like the idea of having something to distribute at Chattacon and other places that has similar interests (comic shops, Media Play, book stores, McKay's, etc). mr_nightmarz suggested something similar to what he has done. A postcard sized full-color one sided flyer for $27 per 5000. The other side would be advertising for the printing company. If we could get a sponsor (like a comic/game store), the other side would be theirs and the price would be $150 (also per 5000?). Either way would be great, but possibly partnering with a comic/game store may prove benefitial to us in the future if we could somehow work out a deal where members of our club could get a discount and possibly a place to play our games... sorry, those are my comments.

- Chattacon: I think we decided to not host a table this time. We still may attend as individuals and try to recruit, but unless anyone decides they want to host a gaming table... We still would like to make sure we have our flyers done by then to have them at the Con. If anything, members of the Hothlanta Rebels will be there to get our flyers there.

- December meeting: shooting for Dec 17th (Friday) or possibly the 16th. No place or time set yet, but will be ironed out ASAP to avoid any problems.

- Scheduled Online Chats: Thursday's @ 9:30pm

- Gaming night: still undecided, but still shooting for Thursday's. Need to find a place.

I think that's it. If anyone wants to add to this, please chime in. Even though our plans didn't work out tonight (to say the least), I still had a great time talking to everyone. Glad to see mr_nightmarz join our growing group, and also glad to finally work it out to have drthmrl be able to make a meeting!
  11. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    well, guys....that was fun! [face_laugh]

planning isn't everything! lol
    it was fun hanging out and getting a chance to see everyone again!
  12. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Like I said at the meeting :p Planning is highly overrated :p
  13. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ditto - On finally meeting and putting faces to names -
    I was sitting across from Mearl(awesome tat on the forearm Mearl!), next to Jody(whose husband happens to have a cool name! and has an active 3 year old), Lauren was next to Jody (Loves Hixson area! ;-) across from her hubby - Tim (Arkansas Razorback) and Jeff was in the middle taking notes and calculating funds!

Those Yoda memory pills actually work!

A pleasure to meet you all and let me know if I can be of any help/assistance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.