main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq November Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Don't forget, our regularly scheduled monthly meeting is this coming Sunday, November 21st, at 2 PM, at the Cherry Hills Library meeting room (just inside the main doors). Directions and itinerary and my usual blathering will come later...

2. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Reminder that the meeting is this weekend.

Topics of discussion include (but not limited to):

- Toys for Tots drives
    - Christmas Party
    - Mos Alba Charter/By-Laws
    - Children's Hospital Visit

3. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Have fun at your meeting. I'll be riding Star Tours at Disney Studios on sunday. [face_dancing]

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    ARGH! I was hoping you'd bring the Radio Dramas!!

Have fun, Aaron! Bring me back something! Other than memories...

5. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Ok SLA how did you do that ICON. I lost my list.

6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
  7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    November Newsletter

-------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, Albuquerque Fan Force!

Holy cow! Three in a row! I must be doing something wrong.

Welcome to another addition of your monthly junk mail. Do any of you actually read this? Is this something I should continue? If a tree fell on a mime in the middle of the woods and nobody was around to hear it fall, would anyone care? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Did Peter Piper really pick a peck of pickled peppers?

You let me know if the newsletter is worthwhile and until then, sit back and enjoy!

-------------------------------------

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON SINCE LAST MONTH

Mos Alba Halloween Party

A big thank you goes out to Colleen for hosting a Halloween party at her house last month! We had a costume contest for the little kids and another contest for us bigger kids! The winners of the kids contest were Feliz (Roman's daughter) dressed as a cute little lady bug, and Jonathan (Bob's oldest son) dressed as Harry Potter. Roman's son, Roman Sanchez, was dressed as Anakin Skywalker, Nathan Taylor was dressed as a Skeleton, and Matthew Tyrrell was dressed as a "Toddlersaurus." We also had Roman dressed as a Jedi, his wife Vanessa as a cat, Alyson was the Oracle Delphi, Lor was a Samurai, Matt was Neo (whoa), Donna as the oldest Hogwarts student ever, Theo as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Donatello, Jonathan as Lord Vader, Bob as a Blue Man from Blue Man Group, Julie as a Japanese Geisha, Todd as a Star Fleet member, Brian as ... Brian, I still haven't figured out who you were supposed to be..., Michelle as Barriss Offee, and Lindsey as Hermione Granger. Other members in attendance were Nicki, Peter, Suzy, Jonathan, Chris, and undoubtedly others I am forgetting.

For those of you with pictures from the party, please send copies to Lor so he can post them on our website! And thank you to everyone who brought something to share at the party. Big props to Peter and Suzy for the awesome Halloween themed Mos Alba logo cake!

NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS
    Fett-BobaFett (Colleen) - November 9th
    SirLanceleot (Andrew) - November 13th
    Bobasparxx (Jason) - November 16th
    Redgek (Scott) - December 11th
    Wook (Michelle) - December 28th
    Julie - December 30th

Happy birthday! If I missed you're birthday, let me know!

MEETING

Hooah! Another meeting of the denizens of Mos Alba! As usual, we loiter on the third Sunday of the month, in this case, November 21st. We usual meet up at the Barnes & Noble Cafe on the west side. But, for this month, we will be meeting at the Cherry Hills Library over on the east side. Here's the info for the meeting:
    2:00 PM
    Cherry Hills Library on Harper and Barstow
    6901 Barstow NE 87111
    (Head North on Wyoming Blvd. Turn East on Harper/San Antonio which is one block north of Albuquerque Academy. The library is one block east of the McDonald's on the corner of Wyoming & San Antonio/Harper)
    For more info, please visit this thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Albuquerque,_NM/b10375/17505380/?1

MEETING TOPICS

Toys for Tots Drive
    - The Anasazi crew have filled in times that they'll be participating in the drive. Abqscout (Earl) will be bringing the sign-up sheet to this meeting. I encourage anyone with some spare time to come out and help beg people to help out the Marines make Christmas a little brighter for some needy children this year. For those of you who do not visit the forums, here are the details:
    The two locations will be the Wall Marts at Coors Bypass & Ellison on the west side and the one on Eubank south of I40.
    The dates will be, Nov. 26-28 and Dec. 11 & 12. We are wanting everyone wh

8. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Wow lots of info!! :D

9. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent agenda/notes Bob! By the way I appreciate your update and wish to continue to receive them.

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yes! That is a viable option. If you have your own DVD-Rs (I can also burn -RW and +R/RW), that would work, too...

Oh, I'll edit the newsletter to remove that info. It might be frowned upon...

11. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I will send some money with Lor for that event, hopefully he shows up this time...

I will just have to think of better excuses when I live in town.

12. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Bob, the Radio Dramas will be there on sunday.

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Excellent! I owe ya one!

14. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Hey Bob...our meeting isn't up with the rest of FanForce meetings on TF.N just to let you know. I don't know if you can change this or not. here is a direct link to it if you want http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#25260

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, I let our RSA know last night. Thanks for the reminder, though!

16. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I will have maps for the RPG for whoever needs them-well, I will send them with Lor at the least. We have first day of play December 5 at 1pm at Matt's House.

17. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I can't believe how many people were at the meeting. I remember when it was just three people meeting in Denny's. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.