main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I know. We just met 3 days ago, but it's so nice when we plan things ahead of time and we don't feel rushed. Just be thinking about what you may or may not have available for November. The holidays are tough because family comes first, but if we're free and we wanna do a little something, it's nice to see everyone. [:D]

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Stephanie is doing her co-op/pt-job at Michael's (can't wait to use her discount).

When ever I meet, it will have to be around her schedule. I can't wait to see some of the new members.

Let's start throwing some dates up.

Kevin H (The Archangel)

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Angela does a lot of switching and maneuvering her schedule during the holidays too. Hopefully I'll have some firm dates to share in a day or two.

4. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    yeah I may have to dance around scheduling too cause I'm trying to get a job, so I have to keep my options open.

5. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    It would be a pleasure to participate in your next meeting. Just name the time and place. Now I have to return to the repeating ROTS on my DVD player....it just gets better all the time. How about holding a 6 movie marathon sometime in the future...if possible...how long would that take???

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Do we get to fast forward through TPM and the first half of AOTC to save time? :p

I have to wait a couple of more weeks before I get my ROTS DVD. Starting in November, I am on a "buying moratorium" instituted by my wife every year since my birthday is in November and then there's Christmas. She hates to buy me something Star Wars only to find out I've gotten it for myself already.

I'm sure we'll get something lined up for November soon, even if it's just a simple meet and greet at Barnes and Nobles or something. We can plan what we want to do for Christmas this year. Last year we picked a child off an angel tree and got them what was on their Christmas list. Hopefully we can do something similar this year.

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    How about we meet for some dinner at BK sometime in Nov since they have the whole Star Wars thing going on?

Just a thought.

8. vswader

Mar 13, 2002
    I would be more than happy to help out a child this year for the holidays. In the Tampa Docking Bay 1138 chapter we gathered many times for Children's hospitals throughout the year and other charitable events. Many times we dressed up in costume to spread the joy of giving as well as putting a smile on many children's faces. Does East Carolina have a children's hospital? Do any of you have costumes? If so, what are they?

Also I think meeting at a local BK would be very fitting for a meeting. The watches are pretty cool anyways...my kids already have two.

Well, I hope to hear from you soon...and may the force be with you!!!

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Vswader,

I am an Assistant Director here at the local hospital and we have tried trooping at the Children's hospital here at PCMH. We've only been able to do it once, a couple of years ago. All they want are non-scary costumes, no black (Vader), no red (Royal Gaurds). They allowed us to have Stormtroopers, but if the kids were a little scared, they asked for us to take our helmet off.

As far as costumes go, I have:

Vader
    Sandtrooper
    Imperial Officer
    Partial Jedi (Robe, cumberbun for under the belt and tabards - Thanks Janine)

Yeah, the watches are pretty cool from BK and I know Dal-Intrepid is a huge SW collector.

When can everyone meet.

Kevin H. (Archangel)
    SL/TD/ID-061

10. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    Data and I can meet Sundays (as usual).

I have a Stormtrooper costume that I am trying to get modded so I can wear it better. Things never seem to work out to get it finished though.

take care

11. vswader

Mar 13, 2002
    i am able to meet with enough notification...usually weekends are pretty good...weeknights can be up in the air...though. if we do meet at BK...then i will not eat...i have already have had enough burgers and fries (not my favorite....the food tastes like bantha poodoo to me) with my boys for the toys. but definitely will attend any location. keep me updated. as far as costuming...i would love to expand into a new costume...preferably the dark side....a stormtrooper if i ever have the finances. let's all get together soon...do any of you play any star wars games (tcg, board games, video)???

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    My current availability for Sundays this month:

Nov. 20 - pretty much all day so far, though would prefer something later in day like 4:30 or after

Nov. 27 - wife working, so it would have to be after 4:30

If we do a BK meeting, which one would you prefer?

On Memorial by PCCC
    Intersection of Greenville Blvd & 10th St across from Hastings Ford
    On Charles Blvd by Stanton Square
    Intersection of Memorial & Stantonsburg by the hospital

Is that it? I feel like I'm forgetting one.

Anyway, I'd prefer the one near Stanton Square and BTW, if anyone has duplicates of any of the toys and are looking to trade, let me know. I have some dupes already.

13. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Dalton, don't you mean Bells Fork Square instead of Stanton Square? Charles Blvd runs into Bells Fork I know, but Stanton Square just didn't sound right. I think Stanton Square over by the hospital, isn't it? I just wanted to make sure I knew which one you were talking about. :)

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, Bells Fork. I don't know why I had Stanton Square on the brain when I typed that. Maybe I was having a CPW craving.

15. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    well the 20th is tomorrow, so what are we doing? either tomorrow or the 27th or something.

16. vswader

Mar 13, 2002
    how about the 27th...hope everyone has a great turkey feast...and let's meet if able...i do understand it may be difficult since it is a holiday weekend...may the force be with you!!!!
    let's set up a time. how about 11:00am or 1:00pm....4:15pm is the packer game and it is a family event so that is not possible...i can also meet after the game....8:00pm???

17. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I may have to bring the kids with me. Stephanie is working that day, but the boys are pretty good.

Let me know where and 11am or 1pm works for me.

Kevin H.

18. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it this time if it's this coming Sunday the 27th. Parents are going out of town and I am not quite able to drive yet. The leg is healing up pretty good so hopefully soon. I'm in the process of trying to find a newer vehicle too so just bear with me.

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Ha! Ha! Since my Sunday tradition is at 1pm, the Panthers game, let's say 11am at Bells Fork Burger King. I'll have to bring my kids too since my wife is working Sunday also. That'll give me an excuse to buy two more kids meals. :)

So . . .

What: Emerald City Empire November Gathering
    When: Sunday, November 27, 11am
    Where: Burger King on Charles Blvd., near Bells Fork
    Why: To meet our newest Star Wars neighbor and discuss our plans for Christmas giving

20. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    sounds good. data and I will see you guys on sunday.

21. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sorry I missed this meeting. Both boys are a little under the weather as well as their father. Other than getting out a little later for some medicine, we are kind of staying in the house.

Again, sorry I missed out on this meeting.

Kevin H.

22. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    alrighty, hope you feel better. I guess none of us checked the boards cause we had no idea where you were. lol

get well soon

Rob

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    It was good getting to see everybody Sunday, even though Robby, April, and I were playing hide and seek from each other in the BK. :p We were at 1/3 Kevin Capacity, so I hope our other 2/3 of Kevin's are feeling better. It was nice meeting our newest Kevin and his kids. My daughter did not want to leave. She was having too good a time playing with Luke.

24. vswader

Mar 13, 2002
    i had a great time meeting robbie, april, daulton...as well as both of my sons...luke had a great time as well with katelynn. hope to meet everyone else soon...don't forget to vote for people's choice awards...hopefully ROTS will win a couple of Oscars (costume, sound, and special effects...or all the awards for that matter....i have been very disappointed the last few academy awards when star wars I and II were eligible...those fat hollywood cats hate lucas with a passion...i hated the matrix and always will...anyway enough of my rants and raves....may the force be with you!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.