November Meeting.

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Amiry, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm starting this now, so that hopefully we can decide on something with enough time to make it work and not have the problems we had with October's meeting (even though I started that thread on September 30). And this is going to be a bit long.

We need to decide on details at least a week ahead of time. Not a day or two before. Last time, I asked for suggestions and it seemed that no one was really present for several days at a time. -_- I was like, what do you want to do? And the masses said 'Halloween party' and I, well 'give me suggestions' and then there was pretty much silence after that. And then the lunch suggestion came up. I had worked that day and got home after 11 and I said 'where do you want to go? what time?' and I got up Saturday and waited and no one responded, so no one went as far as I know.

Now, I have two main ideas for the November meeting. I think it would be really great to have a Prequel Trilogy marathon OR just watch Episode III. That is the first idea. I have talked to my friend Ernie (Dural76) and he said that we may be able to come over to his apartment to watch it and hang out. It's only tentative right now, because like most people, he has a job. But I will keep you posted. Our next meeting, in keeping with the third Saturday rule, would fall on November 19.

Like most geeks, we all like multiple fandoms. This group doesn't have to be just about SW. SW is what brought us together as a group and is our main focus, but many other FF groups do non-SW events. So just a suggestion -- we don't have to limit ourselves. :) With that, my second idea is this. As you may or may not know, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire comes out on the 18th and this provides another opportunity for us to get together, if anyone wants to do that. If you don't like HP, that's fine, just don't comment about it; keep your mouth shut, I don't want to hear it. Okay? Thanks. :)

Also, I'm working on a new design for the Beachtroopers website and will update the front page with meeting info whenever available, so that if you don't want to sift through things here on the board and jsut want quick details, you can just pop onto there. I'm trying to work out some technical difficulties with it, and then it should be ready to go for teh most part with only a page or two still under construction. I'll announce that here of course when it goes up. I will then be asking you to submit a photo and fill out a little bit of info about yourselves for the members page. But you needn't worry about that right now, I'll start a website thread whent he time comes (hopefully sometime this week).

And with that, I think I've gotten all the important stuff out of the way. I will try and turn these tentative plans for making the PT/E3 viewing at Ernie's final by November 12 or earlier. I was thinking maybe everyone can bring either soda or a snack. How does that sound?

This is a group, and we need to work together to make this thing successful. So let's do it! :D

[face_peace] Peace, all.
  2. plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Knight

star 2
    whooooooooooooooo go amiry!!!!!!!
    that's the way to do it

anyways.....i think the prequel marathon is a great idea and harry potter's pretty good to so i'm up for anything.
  3. darth_terak Jedi Knight

star 1
    go amiry igotta give you props for that thread im all for having a meeting an the 19th
  4. darthdemios Jedi Master

star 1
    the 19th is fine with me , but can the meeting be earlier in the afternoon like 1 or 2
  5. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Depends on my friend Ernie's work schedule. I'll keep you all posted. :)
  6. ChissDemon Jedi Padawan

heck yes. Good job Amiry ^_^

I think those are both great ideas and I'm for watching prequels and going to see HP4. I love Harry Potter...I used to be majorly obsessed...that was before I was hardcore star wars...and then I picked up a star wars book...and bam. SW nerd.
  7. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am trying to get everyone I possibly can to all go see Harry Potter at midnight. I'm thinking our best bet would be Regal, cause while I like Ocean Walk, the parking can be a pain sometimes. So I'll post HP details as they come. I love getting big groups together for movies! :D

In the event that we can't watch the movies at Ernie's apartment, I was talking to my [Sith] master, Shannon and her husband Brian. They are moving over the next couple of weeks and we might be able to hold events at their house sometimes, too. Brian has a kick ass entertainment center, BTW. :D As I said, I'll keep ya posted! :)
  8. darth_terak Jedi Knight

star 1
    once again good job on this thread this is a perfect example of why your the comittee rep and im not lol
  9. darthdemios Jedi Master

star 1
    so is the theme for this month's meeting the prequel trio
  10. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Pretty much. If we can, we'll watch all three, but if we can't, we'll just watch Revenge. :)
  11. plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Knight

star 2
  12. darthdemios Jedi Master

star 1
    i vote just too watch ROTS
  13. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    It sort of depends on where we have it. Each movie is roughly 2½ hours long each, making the entire PT about 7½-8 hours long. If we watch all three, we'll have to start around 11am, so we'd finish by 7 or 8pm.

However, watching all three or watching just RotS depends on our location. If Ernie is off and we go to his place to watch it, we can watch all three, no problem. If he works, we'll have to wait until later and won't have time for all three. If Brian and Shannon are moved into their new place by then, they are usually off on the weekend, so we could definitely watch all three.
  14. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    I vote for all three.

And I don't think I'll be able to make the midnight thing for Harry Potter...at least not down there. I'd get home at like 4am and that's only something i'm willing to do for Star Wars, alas.
  15. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's no problem, just a suggestion for people to consider. :)
  16. darthdemios Jedi Master

star 1
    since we haven't come up with a set idea for this month's meeting , i suggest that we agian start to focus on the fan-film and make this month's meeting about its production because posting ideas is one thing , discussing them with the living thats something else.
  17. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    We do have a set idea. We are either watching the entire PT or Episode III. Either way, watching Episode III is involved.
  18. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    that is a good idea amy
    no with that fan film, i have been working on i havent had time to finish wirting it i have a plot i just need some more ideas and cocepts to work out, the filming part would be the hardest thing to do with the lack of storm troopers and lack of clone and good jedi costumes and sith costumes it is hard, now i know some people are like i have a costume but it needs to look realistic like not like a halloween costume if u guys want me to contiune to work on the script post below me hear and let me know how u can help. and if u have a costume post a pic link so i can see it. and tell u it looks good or bad. and amy i know u are working on some how is that going would love to see pics of them. lee ann would like to see the new one u made and need to work on my second if u need ideas on a costume i would say talk to amy and lee ann. lightsabers are a big thing to. need help let me and lee ann know
    so just to reilarat post below low saying yeah go for the movie or nah dont finish it
  19. darth_terak Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok then i'm cool with whatever you guys & gals wanna do
  20. shyriiwook9134 Jedi Padawan

you guys (and gals) are making a fanfilm. i have a jedi costume that might fit a smaller person (keep in mind i am 14). if u want to look at it, i'll see if i can bring it to a meeting sometime.
    i like the idea of a prequel marathon however if conditions make it impossible then just watching Revenge would be fine with me.
  21. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I need to fix my Leia costume. The belt completely fell apart at DragonCon before I even got out the door. :( I want to make Padmé's (non-ripped) white outfit from Episode II sometime. I just procrastinate a lot or I'd have so much crap done already in terms of costumes. >.<
  22. plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'm in the process of making a jedi but the sewing machine was using kept breaking on me every 3 stiches(cough cough....matt) but anyways when,if i,finish it would look very similar to shyrii's
  23. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    Okay so we're watching some form of prequels at the meeting...but when and where are we meetng? It's the 19th right?...and I'm gonna aask if we could have it at night or early evening because i have to dance at the stupid fair. >_<
  24. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    19th indeed. What time would be best for you, Chiss?
  25. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oookay. Not much activety going on here, eh?

Well it turns out my friend Ernie was not able to get the 19th off. He works 12:30 to 7:30pm, BUT he said that we are welcome to come over around 8. If this is a problem, I have two more options I'm working on which will be posted here as soon as I know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.