So CO November meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Birr, Oct 31, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I have an assault shotgun and a 45. And yes, I specifically bought them because of stalkers and for home protection. The fact I have weapons and will use them is a deterrent.

But for the party, they will be secured off premise. Kids and guns don't mix - ever (even if they're secured).
  2. JediKnightAlestor Jedi Master

star 2
    sure they do. look at the middle east.
  3. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ooo...assault shotgun, like a Saiga-12 or a Bernelli?

We're fine with guns. Rachel's dad used to take her shooting when she was little, all my friends grew up with guns, and I used to shoot competitively in high school. The AR-15 I'm building should be done next month, and then I'll be able to get back into shooting -- a buddy and I are going to start doing 3-gun.

And in case of a zombie outbreak, I know where the neighbor's 10k rounds of .223 ammo are. This cul de sac will be safe. :D
  4. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    Josh, I didnt know you shot competition. WAs it high school rifle team or an outside team?I was on rifle team and being my battlion S-4 was fun. I could go and shoot when ever I felt like.
  5. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    High school. I did the ROTC thing when I was planning on becoming an astronaut, but I have a better chance of getting into space by building my own rocket in the backyard. LOL. It was geekish, but I snagged a varsity letter out of it.

I don't think you've met Pat yet -- we've known each other since 9th grade and have been wanting to get into 3-gun (do a net search, or check out ar15.com -- it's really cool) for a couple years. It just came down to me having all the guns I need, and us having time to actually compete. Hopefully this winter we'll be able to start competing, and then in a couple years be good enough for the nationals in Wyoming where you actually get to chase down targets in a helicopter. :D
  6. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    3 man. thats a team competition involving a pistol, rifle and sniper course right?
  7. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    My next buy will be an FN P-90. Always wanted one. ;)
  8. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I just want to start my collection. There is a 50 cal sniper rifle for sale in p-town. It is awsome.
  9. DarthDallas182 Jedi Master

star 1
    *Impolitely butts head into conversation*
    Hey guys its kind of been quite some time since i've posted on here and i just wanted to say hi and ill be around more often now, and i love the new banner. (Last time i posted it was that stupid fan force one)
    Ok, you are now allowed to continue your talk about weapons and the like.
  10. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    LOL. Thread hijacking in progress.

IB -- OK, I guess net searches don't work well for it. Even I couldn't find any real information, even at the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun web site. LOL. Each match has a few obstacle courses, and each one uses either a pistol, rifle, or shotgun.

The neat thing I found out about P-town is that the P-West range is enormous compared to most ranges. At the match we went to back in July, all of the out of towners got torn up in the rifle match because most ranges don't go above 150 yards -- P-West's goes up to 450 yards, and most of the guys were using short range non-magnified sights. Without magnification, a man-sized target pretty much disappears under the recticle.

Not sure about the .50 cal though. While it would be fun to have, you'd go broke buying ammo for it. As it is, for practice, I'm going get a .22 conversion kit so I can practice with my match rifle. There's a huge difference in price between .223 and .22 ammo, and after a couple months the conversion kit will pay for itself.

Of course...I could always just build another gun...

But then Rachel would probably shoot me.

Best to leave firearms purchases sparse -- no need to build a new AR every 4 months like Pat does. Heh. We have yet to fire even 3/4 of his collection of various implements of doom.

COS -- A P90 would be fun. Not very fun at 450 yards, though. :( It'd rule for short range zombie killing. Is the civilian version finally out?
  11. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    sorry to interrupt the gun talk, butlets figure out food for the event.
  12. JediKnightAlestor Jedi Master

star 2
  13. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    For home protection we prefer to use my fathers flame thrower (I kid you not), much more personal. But the .22 always works in a pinch. One thing about having relatives in North Dakota, it's assumed you're born with the ability to shoot. TOo bad I suck at it.
  14. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's OK. A flamethrower has a bigger aiming area. And if you burn the house down, there's no house to protect, so it's a win-win situation either way!

Hm...this is this weekend, huh? I'll know Friday night if we can come or not. Don't wanna make weekend plans while friends are in from out of town -- they're as bad as I am with planning ahead.
  15. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I wont be able to attend, gotta work
  16. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all the sodas covered with my free soda machine in the theater (I regularly stock it with Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sprite, and Dasani). I'd say pot luck or bring some cash for pizzas. Personally, I love pie! ;)

No matter what, it'll be a fun time judging from the SG-14 meeting we had here last weekend. BF2 tournament, maybe SW minis, DVD, saber dueling, whatever floats your boat and doesn't trash my house. ;)
  17. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    *Has an image from the movie Animal House in head*

[face_devil]

Oh, so is it going to be just FFer's? Or will anybody else invovled in SW come by. I know I met some interesting 501st people I'd like to get to know better.... [face_mischief]
  18. RavLoc_Vos Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey All

We are still in, what time are we looking at 1PM I believe was mentioned. I will help pitch for pies thats always good for me. See ya soon.

Later Days...
  19. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    1pm is fine. If you get here early, no big deal... You'll find something to do here. ;)

If you have any extra halloween candy left or an extra SW toy, we're stuffing Christmas stockings for troops in Afghanistan, so feel free to bring something if you want to include it in our stocking shipment on the 22nd.
  20. Jmonty Force Ghost

hey everyone,

i just found this forum, and i was suprised to see how many people were on it.

also i was just wondering what do you all do at these meetings?
  21. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We sacrifice chickens and feast upon the souls of the living.

And sometimes we talk about Star Wars, too. I dunno -- it's been months since I've been to a meeting. [face_blush] :D
  22. Jmonty Force Ghost

8-0

bah, i was hoping for sacrificing souls and feasting on chicken.

anyways, i'm not really from colorado springs, but i moved their while in the army, and am considering going to uccs when i get out. it is nice to see that there is a star wars forum based there, :)

now i'm just sitting in iraq, killing time till i get home next month. have any of you all been to the slopes yet? that is one of the main things i'm lookin forward to when i get back.
  23. COS_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    All worship Cthulu, god of the underground... Hastor, hastor, hastor... Arrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhh!

Just kidding. It's basically a SW/Sci-Fi geek get-together and we discuss future plans and get-togethers. Nothing earth-shattering, but often fun none-the-less. And if you can't feel at home at my place, you won't feel at home anywhere! ;) Tons of SW junk, books, anime stuff, movies, video games, and more.
  24. Jmonty Force Ghost

cool.
    from the talk of guns and stuff i gather you are all adults?
  25. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We'd like to think so. Click our usernames -- most of us have profiles. :) You can edit yours by clicking the "Options" tab.

We're not restricted to just SW, either.

And cool. My cousin got back from Iraq last year, and one of my friends just got back a couple months ago. And the last CR from the Rockey Mountain board (where most of the events happen -- SCFF is pretty quiet) got back earlier this year. Don't get shot, aye.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie