main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA November Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    The next meeting will be our holiday party, Jessica! :D

2. swgurusgirl

swgurusgirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Aug 22, 2007
    THEN I WILL DEF BE THERE! Meet everyone at the holiday party:)

3. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Who when and where again? I will be there with my girly friend for sure.

4. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Afternoon.
    1 or 2 pm.

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

Actually, that hasn't been finalized yet.

I've just found out that I will possibly be at another meeting at Moscone Convention Center from 1 - 5 pm (I won't find out for sure until sometime Friday), so meesa propose:

1. have the meeting at 5 pm, take Eva out to dinner for her birthday, then for those that want to, can go clubbing at the Cat Club

2. have the meeting in the afternoon, with another Council Member conducting it (I can give them topics to go over)

3. postpone the meeting to Sunday, the 11th instead

Again, I won't know my schedule until sometime Friday. Stay tuned!

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I opt for option 2. otherwise I won't be going. Can't stay too late.

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Sunday could work for me. Saturday evening might not be totally ideal, I would want to get home around the time my sister comes to my place. I'm guessing I need to be home by about 8:00 which means the meeting would need to be over by 7:00-ish

8. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i can't make it sunday. if the meeting is late into saturday then i prolly can't make it either.

9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I vote for option #2 as well.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm due for a meeting and I have some news to share. Don't feel much like partying so I'll pass on the club.

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I just got off the phone with Matt. It looks like he will probably be stuck at his appointment Saturday afternoon. So he asked if I'd be comfortable covering topics at our meeting.

I said I'm OK with it - but I am very fearful of driving all the way out from San Jose and only finding one other person at the meeting :) So just let me know if you guys for sure are OK with having the meeting in the afternoon even if Matt and Dale are not there.

Would 2:00 be best for people? 1:00? Or, were people wanting it to be slightly later (around 3:30 or 4:00) so that they could have dinner after the meeting if they chose to stay in the city?

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I think 1:00 -- our regular time is good. Of course when we say 1:00, people get there at 2:00. we tend to start a little late anyway.

13. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I will not be attending this month's meeting.
    I am down to chip-in for the new t-shirts with the new logo.
    Just advise pricing.

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    edit

I know a few people were wanting it around 3:00-ish because they wanted to do things in the city in the evening. I was sort of hoping they would chime in.

Another thought - I know a lot of people said the 17th would work for them. Maybe we should just do it on the 17th? I can probably swing by if it is early in the afternoon. I just really have to be home for dinner that night. I'm going to have the in-laws over for over a week. I don't think my life should be put on hold for them. LOL!

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    3:00 sounds workable.

16. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Saturday I can't do anything earlier than 3:30. I am dog sitting this weekend and need to go walk the dog between my volunteering, which gets out at 1pm and the meeting. I could do anything Sunday if that works better for people. I talked to Eva and she was also thinking we could go do dinner or something for her birthday after the meeting so maybe later in the day is better anyway.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, with this unexpected turn of events, the fact that most people didn't post when is a good time for them, and the fact that most people said next week would be just as good a date as tomorrow, I've decided to postpone the meeting to next week, the 17th at 1 pm.

Sound good everyone?

Oh, and for anyone who still wants to go clubbing tomorrow, please post your interest here or call me. The doors open at 9:30 pm (no cover charge until 10 pm) :)

18. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    The 17th actually works better for me. Matt, i would be up for going clubbing. I will check in with you again tommorow. MTFBWY tomorrow [face_praying]

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes, next weekend at 1:00 pm is perfect for me :)

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    So say we all!

21. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll see if I can make it on the 17th; I don't know yet.

Matt - I think you didn't get more people posting a specific time in response to Kathy's query yesterday because it was too last minute. Speaking for myself, I cannot go on the boards from work anymore, and I'm not always online right after work either. I imagine it might be the same for some of the other people as well.

22. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm down to go clubbing. Who's going and what time should I meet you guys. Call me on my cell!

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    See everyone tomorrow!

[face_praying]

24. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Sorry, I could not make it. Last week I could have, this week was a no go. What did I miss? Also, when are we pulling names for the gift exchange? Are we going to have a meeting just for that?

Laters....

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Sorry you couldn't make it, Lou. We talked about a lot of stuff, mostly about WonderCon, and our table being different next year by having Rebel Legion next to us.

As for the party, we aren't drawing names for gifts. Like previous years, bring a SW-related gift no greater than $20 value to swap for the "White Bantha" exchange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.