November Meeting

Discussion in 'Houston, TX' started by ID6796, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ID6796 Jedi Knight

star 1
    With everyone's busy schedule it will be difficult to pick which Saturday to hold our meeting or to even have one this month.

Please post your best date and your second best to this thread and we will see what happens.

Nov 7th
    1. Chris S - No can do

Nov 14th
    1. John D - 2nd
    2. Efrain G - 2nd

Nov 21st

Nov 28th (Thanksgiving Weekend)
    1. John D - 1st
    2. Efrain G - 1st
    3. David H - 1st
    4. Chris S - 1st
    5. Erik - no can do
    6. Zakk - 1st
    7. Ruben - 1st

Can't make it this month.

Thanks.
    John
  2. GARZAE Jedi Padawan

John, my dates below
    Thanks, regards
    Efrain

3. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    The 28th looks good for me.
  4. Zakk Jedi Padawan

I'm actually open every weekend (finally). I know that doesn't help much, but no one date works better than another.

P.S. - We should have a Facebook group.
  5. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    I don't know when would be good for me yet, but I do know that I will be out of town on the 28th.
  6. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Any weekend works for me.

It would be nice to give Ruben a welcome home on the 28th.
  7. starwarsgeek74 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the consideration Ian! I know we'll all be bloated and full with turkey, so no hard feelings if anyone cant make it. But still count me in! I'm looking forward to some more of that beer with orange and greasy tater skins. And good job with the paper! It's nice to see the 501st get some good recognition.
  8. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the 28th. It would be nice to meet ya Ruben. I know the 7th is not good for me either. We are supposed to do the Ren Fair this month, but not sure when.
  9. Zakk Jedi Padawan

If I had to choose one day, put me down for the 28th.
  10. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Looks like Nov 28 is the winner.
  11. starwarsgeek74 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Look forward to seeing all of you then! Dave, tell Stag's to have my beer and tater skins ready!
  12. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Only if you come suited up biker boy. LOL. Look forward to catching up with you.
  13. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My mom was told she has Breast Cancer and I might be heading to Mississippi on Thanksgiving. I might still make the meeting when I get back from there. So keep me listed as attending. I hope to make it guys.
  14. Zakk Jedi Padawan

All the best, Chris.
  15. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
  16. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Look forward to this Saturday. Look forward to seeing you back home Ruban.
  17. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be there at the meeting.
  18. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Y'all have fun this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to come since I'm out of town.

Remember that if y'all get the party room, there is a $10 minimum charge per person. It's not technically a per-person charge, but the overall average must be more than $10 per person. For example, if there are 6 people, the total spent by all must be at least $60.
  19. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    My in-laws just called to say they're coming over, so I might head to Stag's Head a little early, like 2pm. heh.

Seriously, though, I should be there 7ish
  20. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sheryl and i will be there around 7pm.
  21. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome meeting last night fanforce!! That had to be one of the best yet. Christy and Courtney, welcome and we were glad you came. You guys are total Star Wars fans and will fit right in with the group. Efrain and Kris, it was awesome to have you guys as well. Kris, great lightsabers bro.

Reuben, it was great to finally meet you brother. It will be great to have you troop with us. So, hurry back. :)

Ian, great idea with having everybody stand and introduce themselves. That went very well. We will have to bring costumes next time. :)

See everybody next meeting. Oh, a new years bash would be great, we need to start planning.
  22. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Fantastic meeting everyone! Wow! As Ruben pointed out, three years ago the FF meetings were maybe 4 or 5 people; last night we had 17 people and had to move into the Oak Room! (Stags sure was glad to have us, too, since our group outnumbered the rest of the bar's population.)

There were some great ideas discussed, including upcoming conventions (Clear Lake in January, and Comicpalooza in March), and maybe having the December meeting a bit early and making it a New Year's event. We'll have more discussion somewhere here in the Houston forum on each of these ideas. We'll also have to make a habit of doing stand-up introductions at every meeting, I really enjoyed that.

It was great to see everyone and have such a fun evening with my FanForce friends!

23. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was a great meeting the other night.
  24. Darth_Pyre Jedi Padawan

Hey guys, its me Ben. I finally registered. Saturday was awesome and I look forward to the next meeting !
  25. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Sounds like I missed a really awesome meeting.

I'm glad the turnout was so high.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.