main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA November Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by CernStormrunner, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    It's been too long since we had a formal meet-up, and there is a lot of new stuff going on.

Nov 7 is Robots at the Science Center, so that is right out...

Best days look to be the 14th or the 21st. Any preference?

Topics to discuss include Life Day, the change from SWAP to SFAP, my blood/bone marrow drive idea, and new stuff going on with starting a Pittsburgh branch of PA Jedi. And Steel City Toyshow. There was some discussion about getting a table and selling some stuff. (I'll make more Jappor Snippits!)

What else is on the table?

2. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Oh, ad another thing. since our main site got stolen by gamblers, why dont we use the yahoo group site more?

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/pghstarwars/

and by more i mean, like, ever...:p

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Nov 14: maybe (depends on the time of the Pitt vs. Notre Dame football game.)

Nov 21: yes

4. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Greencat suggested we have the meeting on the 7th at the Science Center.

Also, i did a test post on the Yahoo boards. did anyone else get it forwarded to their email? I was thinking that posting official club business such as meeting dates on the yahoo board would help get the message out to people who don't visit the TFN boards as frequently

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummm . . . Facebook. Science Fiction Alliance of Pittsburgh.

Transitioning from Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh to Science Fiction Alliance of Pittsburgh. :)

6. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    the facebook thing doesnt send a message to my email with the posts of the day on it

7. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Just thought of something. Unless we have 8 or less people coming to the science center, people would have to pay to come to the meeting, right?

8. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Check this out:

"Good Evening Gentleman.
    As promised here is the combat pack Dale and I started working on for PA JEDI. There will be about 4 more sections added to this with time. Also, attached is a book from Scot Ferra (a former member of NY JEDI). His work is incredible, intense and fantastic. It is a lot, but very good stuff in here. It also has a lot of his personal poetry and thoughts in there. It is part of him that helped him develop some amazing techniques and forms. So don't let that bog you down.

He told us to give it to those who deserved it. Dale and I think you guys are off to a great start. So there you go!

Jarrod has the info for the steelcityjedi@gmail.com account. And Dale and I added steelcityjedi.com to our current domain. It is sooo much cheaper than buying something straight out, and if either of you are interested in creating or modifying work on it you can let us know and we'll give you info. Just keep in mind it is linked to our main FTP to our personal website. If not, we will gladly update information you would like, adding things etc. Right now it is a rough template until we know what you guys want to put on there. It can been see at http://www.steelcityjedi.com

Please let Dale or I know what we can do to help you in any way/shape or form. As our brother group we support you unconditionally and will be more than happy to help you!

Regards,

Phoenix"

9. NaTal

NaTal Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2009
    I will be more then glad to to try and make it down to this meeting on the 7th. I do work until 4pm that day but i will try to link up with you. I have some info that i can pass along as well, i emailed Cern the battle packs and some general information. It should be a pleasure to meet all of you.

10. NaTal

NaTal Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2009
    I wont be able to make it unfortunately, i was called into work until 4pm today, sorry guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.