November Meeting!

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by Jedi_Tabee, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TATOOINEFARMGIRL Jedi Knight

star 1
    Must...not...post...again!

Oops, I just broke my promise.

Darth_Athena, I've looked at several different colleges up near Chicago, most had a great location, great programs, but expense, argh! The one I'm presently going up to visit is where my mom went, a christian college called Wheaton. Their program for archaeology is pretty well known, so my mom's anxious to convince me to try it (if for no other reason than that I really don't want to go to college at all!) but they're pretty expensive too. And too far away, so I'm looking more around here now.
  2. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    You (and any others looking at colleges) should check out Eastern Illinois University. That's where I went...I loved it. It's a good sized university in a small town. I don't think they have a huge calling for archaeology though. I think they're more known for the teachers they crank out. I lived there for quite awhile even after I graduated.
  3. Ackbar11 Jedi Padawan

This is just a heads up. I talked to someone who had recently been to West County Mall and they told me that sometimes on the weekend they have police directing traffic in the mall parking lot. Even if there are open spots they still direct you to the parking garage. You might want to give yourself an extra 20 minutes.
  4. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thank you for that update Ackbar :D
  5. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    just upping this to remind y'all!

Hope to see ya there! :D
  6. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll be coming, but I'll probably be late :(
  7. NIBBOR11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I couldn't make it. :(
    Dissappointed I am.
    I'll look for the update on what happened.
  8. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello, St. Louis! :) Long time, no talk... so how'd your meeting go today?

9. bountyhunterMJS Jedi Padawan

The meeting was fun we didn't really stay on topic very well we were thinking of going to LOTR for the next meeting and we said something about going to someones house to watch EII together after the 12th

Death to all trekkies
  10. dudeman Jedi Knight

star 3
    i wanted to go really bad, but i couldnt, i ended up to be too busy :( . but on the bright side i am going to look at 2 high schools tomorrow :) . i will be looking at two highschools, De Smet and and Aquinas, if anybody here has gone to either of them and wants to tell me about them, please do.
  11. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ok all! Meeting Summary! :D

Firstly, it was great seeing all of you who went! And we missed those of you who didn't come :(

A quick summary of who went: me, PadawanJo, dagobahdiva, shadowfett, princess_robin, ackbar11, sarcasticexistence, sonofsuns, darthtrader, sith-kazar, and BountyHunterMJS.

sorry if I messed up the names, some of you have horrible handwriting :p

Well, we introduced ourselves, then I had everyone fill out a little sheet of paper with names and e-mail addys and stuff (PM me if you couldn't come so I can send you one :))

We discussed our official FF name, and we all seemed to agree on The Arch Vader Society :)

We did talk a bit on the banner and icon, but discovered that no one in attendence has any talent in that area... :(

We did talk about CR, but I'm still a bit confused on how that works, so if Bobafemme would be kind enough to clarify that for everyone, all will be good :)

As for future meetings, we think possibly a meeting every month, possibly the 3rd Saturday. And we pretty much agreed that Union Station would be a much more accesible place to have meetings.

We all agreed that creating a website for us to use was a good idea... but... again, none of us are that talented :p

We did touch on how we will run the FF, but decided to wait a bit on that.

we also got sidetracked a lot, talking about C2, and lots of other stuff... it was a blast! :D

Can't wait til the next one :)
  12. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    And we pretty much agreed that Union Station would be a much more accesible place to have meetings.

More meetings in Missouri? Yippie. [face_plain]
  13. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Congrats you guys! Sounds like you had a great meeting! :D
  14. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, we introduced ourselves, then I had everyone fill out a little sheet of paper with names and e-mail addys and stuff (PM me if you couldn't come so I can send you one )

Done ;)

We discussed our official FF name, and we all seemed to agree on The Arch Vader Society

Which is great :D I agree too!

We did talk a bit on the banner and icon, but discovered that no one in attendence has any talent in that area...

I did an icon, but IIRC everyone complained that the X-Wing was too big :p

"Arch Vaders" we are, yes?

I'll see what I can do ;)

We all agreed that creating a website for us to use was a good idea... but... again, none of us are that talented

Go annoy yodaboy. I'm pretty sure he knows what to do ;)

More meetings in Missouri? Yippie.

Well, it *is* the St Louis, MO fanforce ;)

I think it should be alternated, so everyone can go :) By that I mean about 40% in Illinois, 40% somewhere in the city, and about 20% in WC. I think that's fair, considering the way we're all scattered.

I really hate I missed this meeting, as I wont be able to attend very many :(
  15. NIBBOR11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Glad to see that this meeting was more successful than the last one.
    Tabee I just PM'd my email to you, or you can PM here.
  16. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Chapter Representatives or CR

CR's have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A CR is responsible for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter.

I believe that you all have decided this in your meetings. It is always good to do this in real life, since FF is about real life meetings. If you have decided on the CR at the last meeting, three people with unique IPs must PM me. Then, the person is CRed (no, I do not take a lightsaber and knight them as we've had a few 'accidents')

If you haven't decided on a CR, then we have a couple of options for deciding. I hope this is not the case as online polling and email voting can be troublesome as it opens itselfs to socks and trolls. Please let me know if that is the situation and we can come up with a solution agreeable to all.

Also, very important, a CR must be 18 years old or over. Why? Well, if you are going to represent your group and FF to other people (IMAX theaters for instance) you need to be a legal adult.

And for the grumbly IL vs MO thing. I've already addressed this several time, as have Darth Jurist, Tabee and several others. You have been given the information if having meetings or your own FF in IL. St.Louis FF isn't obligated to have a meeting in the town for every member. It should have meetings that are accessible for all members in St. Louis. However, that doesn't mean meetings can't be over the border.

I'm not sure what the problem is here. If you visit any other FF MW chapter, you'll find at least one member who drives 30 miles to attend a function. Perhaps it's age? Well, time to introduce your parents to FF if you want to attend. It's a very bad idea to be running off to meetings if your pre-16 without your parents' permission in the first place.

Any question, post or PM and I'll be happy to provide more info.
  17. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I've just been informed that no CR was chosen at your meeting. I locked the poll Dudeman started. Polls tend to attract socks voting several times. Also, I don't think it is appropriate to vote for or against just one person.

I have one PM nomination for Jedi Tabee. Please list any other candidates you feel would be a good CR. If there are other candidates, we can move from there. If not, if the majority of meeting attendees would like to continue with Jedi Tabee as the organizer, she'll be the CR.

So, the next step, is for nominating other possible CR candidates. Because FanForce is supposed to be a real life fan club, please make sure that any candidate has attended previous meetings. I'll go through notes on old meetings to verify attendence.

Thanks.
  18. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oops [face_blush]

I left that part out [face_blush]

we did pick a CR, I just didn't think it would be very nice of me to say "And now I'm CR, all bow before me!" :p

I'm sorry about any confusion that may have caused :(

19. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Okay then. :) Much easier. All I need is for two people at the meeting to PM me the verification that Chapter Rep is Tabee. I already have one.
  20. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I've been thinking about this, and even though I was the one who voted NO in dudeman's poll, I've changed my mind. Jedi_Tabee, despite the differences I have with her, deserves the title. She better work on getting a meeting on this side of the river though.

Bobafemme, a PM will be coming soon. :)
  21. TATOOINEFARMGIRL Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a question; can only those who attend meetings vote for CRs? So far I haven't been to a single one (one of these days though...one of these days!) but I'd love to vote for Tabee :)
  22. yodaboy Force Ghost

star 5
    ahhhhhh i just now checked this forum to find that we had a meeting... oh well, i was helping some friends with a house saturday during that time.
  23. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    anyone can vote, just cuz you haven't gone to a meeting doesn't mean you aren't a STLFFer! :)

Hi! Yodaboy! Hopefully you can make it to the next meeting :)
  24. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Might I suggest that Tabee be our CR, but at meetings have someone with a loud booming voice speak on her behalf? She has all the know how and has demonstrated her ability to organize us...however if we meet at noisy food courts it may be hard to hear her. I had a problem hearing on Sat. and I was lucky enough to be sitting close to her. I hope you don't take any offense to this Tabee... [face_love] You are the obvious leader for our group!
  25. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]

no offense taken!

I'll work on the being louder part ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.