main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    All right, now that I'm finally down here, I would really like to see us get together for a meeting. This place seems pretty dead, but I know there are at least a few of us still hanging on.
    All we need is three people to get together for it to be an "official" meeting.

I was thinking that Saturday, November 16th would be a good day. Any objections? Any ideas for places to meet? Anyone reading this at all?

2. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Public Libaries with conference rooms work out quite well.

3. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Hmmm. I might have to see about that date, cause I think I have something going on around then, but I'll check it out, Jayna.

Anyone else? :confused:

4. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, just let me know. I know I can't make it the weekend before that, though, and I was thinking that we wanted to keep it away from Thanksgiving. Just find out, though. We'll work something out.

5. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I don't live in Daytona, but I'd like to try to attend a meeting anyway. I'm sure Darryl and I would love to meet you guys! And Buzz of course. ;)

6. TheSpectre

Sep 28, 2002
    Yeppers. It's only an hour away. I'm andistance learning ERAU student, so I wouldn't mind hitting the campus bookstore while I am there and I got married accross from the Speedway.
    Besides.... it's only an hour away.

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    That would be wonderful! We'd be glad to have you!

Just one correction though, Buzz. It's no longer ERAU. They've officially dropped the Aeronautical part of the name. I guess that makes it ERU now. Isn't that sad?!?!?!? :( I'm rather upset.

8. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Does anyone have an idea how many people might attend a meeting?

9. TheSpectre

Sep 28, 2002
    Aw man..... ERAU was a mark of distintion!!! Why did they do that?
    Set up the meeting and theu will come. Not everyone who reads these boards like to post, and a lot of times I am one of them. If you have an meeting they will show up.

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I really don't know how many will be attending our meetings, but I know there are people around here. Once we start something up, I'm sure people will come out of hiding.

Buzz- They did it because they are trying to broaden their horizons and add some degree programs that don't involve aerospace. I don't know why they would want that, but they did. For me, the specialized eduacation was the biggest reason I chose to go here.

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Forja had mentioned in the other topic that Sunday meetings would be more convenient. Would that be better for you as well, Liana?

I'm thinking specifically Sunday November 17th. Is that cool with everyone?

12. DarthDion

DarthDion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Thank you for considering changing the date of the meetingon my behalf. I will surely be there, and will more than likely be bringing a few who post on here and maybe one or two who will in the future.

Now, where will this take place, and what time, etc.

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Forja- it's no problem. I was just randomly trying dates that might work. I'm glad we found one that will be convenient! (as far as we currently know) :)

I was actually going to stop down at the library today to see if they had a conference room that we could reserve (great idea Buzz!). More news on that as it comes.

I'm thinking that a late afternoon meeting time would work. How's 2pm?

14. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Sorry

The DarthDion post was really me posting under his name. Damn computers!

15. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    When y'all have your meeting details worked out, don't forget to have someone send me all of the information so that I can post it on the FF website. :)

Good luck, and let me know if y'all need any assistance.

16. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    It's short notice, but the Melbourne Fan Force is having a meeting this Saturday at 2:30pm in Titusville. Anyone who wants to come down is welcome. The next meeting of ours will be down in Melbourne, which is farther for you all, I know. Thread link.

Best of luck to you all in getting going. :)

-Katie
    Thumper

17. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Thank you so much for the encouragement guys. I know that we can finally pull this off. I always go though a small dip of Star Wars overload right after one of the films come out. I really worked myself into the ground putting together everything that happened at my theatre, and I guess I felt a bit of disapiontment when I saw how the film under-preformed at my location. And that damn Spider-man, who the heck knew. It was suppose to be the "Summer of the Clones", and it turned out all so wrong. Not to say that AOTC didn't put a smile on a lot of faces and make a ton of cash, just from where I was standing all summer it felt lack luster.

So with that in mind, I hope that with this DVD coming out so soon, and the hype of seening new George Lucas Select Photos on the net come March, 2003, I hope that our little humbble fanforce can finally come together and have a first meeting.

May The Force Be With You!

18. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
  19. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    I don't think I'll be able to make the Nov. 17 meeting right now. :( A Dec. meeting is also iffy for me, cause I currently have about 5 theater rehearsals a week. I'd love to be able to attend a meeting though. :)

20. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    When do your rehearsals take place? I Sunday not good for you.

I wonder if holding a weekday meeting in the evening could work. I would be up for either Monday or Tuesday anytime.

21. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Tuesday evenings are totally out for me. Mondays would be possible, though.

We really need to decide soon as our time is running out. Do we want to keep our first meeting scheduled for Sunday Nov 17th? Remember- we want this to be official, so at least 3 people have to be there.

22. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Right now, I have rehearsals mon-fri night, plus stuff on sat, plus some stuff on Sun. I'm really busy right now, but after Christmas it should all clear up. Sorry, guys. :(

23. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Okay, so if LianaMara is out until the end of the year. Let's stick with the 17th date and set a time & place to meet. I am assuming the it will be in the Daytona Beach area, so why not something simple and casual like just meeting at Barnes&Noble or something along those lines. I have to make it to work by 6:00pm, so something early in the afternoon would be nice. Just my thoughts...

24. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Considering our group will be small, I think the Barnes and Noble would work out great.
    I was thinking around 1 or 2 pm. Would that be too late?

25. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Okay... let's make 1:00pm on November 17th, 2002 at Barnes&Noble on International Speedway Blvd. Myself included I think I will be bringing 3 maybe 4 people. Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.