main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD November weekend away

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Starting a new thread...cause I can and it's simpler than interrupting the flow of the war room. Goodness knows those military types can get grumpy.

So far it goes something like this:

We have the place booked from 2pm Friday afternoon 28th November- 10am Monday 1st December.
    It's 4 bedrooms.

We've got the main room for Friday, Saturday nights and will be headed back late Sunday-$130 per night
    BBN and Lozza have the 2nd room for Friday Saturday nights- $80 per night
    Kit and T have the 3rd room for Friday, Saturday nights- $60 per night

4th room is still spare, has a single and a trundle bed- $30 per bed per night...MORGS??? you wanting this?
    And there's a couch or two to crash on too.

Seems most of us are headed back Sunday night so if anyone was wanting a Sunday night to themselves and had Monday off, place is all yours Sunday night. Final cleaning and key return would be up to you however, and I'd have to know and trust you to do that ;)

We should all pitch in to a good clean Sunday arvo so it's either clean before we leave Sunday or not much left for whoever is staying Sunday night.

We're trying to both get Friday off to so we'll be up the coast from before midday hanging at the beach, and will pick up the keys as soon as we can. If we can't get off work, I'll be there by about 430. Whichever way it works out, happy to give a lift to a couple people should they want one.

Other info:

Food
    We'll be bringing our own food as it's a house with kitchen, bbq etc. Everyone is responsible for bringing their own food. Yes we end up with lots of everything, but don't bring more than you need, and not less than you'd want. There is a bbq though so meat and bbqing stuff we'll probably do at least one night.

Linen
    The place doesn't provide sheets, pillowcases and towels, so bring the suitable ones for the bed you're in, the pillows you want and the body you're drying.

Money
    I've already paid half of it, and would ask people to cash me up soon after arrival. Thankyou :)
    If the rooms are all booked the two nights, and you're a latecomer sleeping on the couch, couch sleepin will be free but we'd ask that you bring decent food and drinks to share :) and do your share of cleaning.

Cars
    There's 3 garages so first 3 cars there gets them I guess.

Medication
    You should hand your medication clearly labelled to me when getting on the bus with your medicare card and Gp's name....

...too far???

Oh and if you damage something..you pay for it..fair?
    :)

Anyway, let me know if you're wanting that 4th room or are interested in crashing on couches..jsut so we can keep an eye on numbers. People are welcome to come up during the days too and hang out if you dont want to stay over night. Same rules about bringing good food and drinks and pitching in apply.

Think that's all the technical things.

PM me or sms me or whatever if you wanted further info.

Oh tans and decent bodies for the pool lounging are very optional. It's us, no-one expects perfection...and I'm saying that purely for my own self-esteem :) Should anyone want to bring along a couple of buff mid 20's guys though..not arguing. What was that Goob???..sorry, can't hear you.

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Put us down as tentative for that 4th room, K - I'll get it okayed by the end of the day. :)

3. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    And realised during a chat at work today that that weekend is the second weekend of schoolies week :( I mean, obvious as Kit is finished, but it didn't hit me.

Still we've got our own place, and they shouldn't bug us too much.

Check, on the room morgs.

So couches are free still :)

Oh and I got the Friday off work so am heading up around before lunchtime. :D

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    It'll be all the NSW schoolies, not our kids.

I've got to go to a family function on Saturday and it's likely that I'll be leaving Tim behind. Luckily it's on the coast so I'll be gone and back in one day.

Kithera

5. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    I'll actually be heading up to Coolum sometime on the Sunday morning, not sure if the missus would be cool with meeting up with you guys; and she will be the "missus", getting married the day before (going up Coolum for a "honeymoon" but not, real honeymoon's being delayed 'til next year)

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Wow, that's lovely Rogue!

And no..don't share honeymoon time with friends....no.

Congrats in advance!!!

But if we see you, we'll yell ;)

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Just found a link to a festival they're having in Noosa that weekend. Not my favourite place in the world.. BUT

They are having a sandcastle/sculpture exhibition on Main Beach that Saturday. Have never really seen AMAZING sand sculpture up close. Would like to! Sounds like an outing.

noosa

Oh and I've got the day off on Friday so will be headed up early. I contacted them about maybe an early check in, seeing as no-one's got the place the night before. Said they can't say til the day, but if I'm there early, I can ask and see.

So consider me up the coast before lunch!

Can I count days now???

Gees can I edit this any more times!! Just realised there's also a free concert Saturday arvo in Noosa with Peter Cousens..thought Paul and Morgs might want to know this ;)

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Anyone want to go to the beach this weekend too??? looks damn tempting today.

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    So.. final confirmations on the weekend up the coast??
    Lozza, BBN, Kit, Morgs and Scoff? yey?

Others? HappyBob? Kahls? MD, MS?
    Lets me know :)

10. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    BBN and I will be there :)

11. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Wouldn't miss it. :)

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Pretty sure we're locked in for it :) Missing a trivia night and everything. :p Let me know how much we owe ya K.

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey Morgs..meant to get back to ya. Well you've got the 4th room..did warn ya ;) and that's 120 for the weekend.

Goobs has the Friday off too now so we'll be there before lunch. It may rain all weekend at this rate! Ah well, I'll bing playstation and boardgames and everyone must bring Dvd's to share.

10 sleeps to go!! :)

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Groovy. We'll probably come up after work on the Friday (hopefully we won't be too late in getting there). The foam swords may also be in attendance (now that they've been repaired and all).

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Family thing is this weekend now so we will be up all weekend. Will try to arrive on Friday afternoon after school (so more like Friday night).

Kithera

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Glad you're coming up Friday arvo Morgs and Kit.

Remember..others from here are totally welcome!! Bob, Murder, MD..come for a drive and hang for a while, a night or the weekend. You've all slept on couches, lilos in pools and floors before!

And we totally have to find out where Rogue and his new wife are staying so we can turn up with dvd's and pizza ;)

Was looking for my how to host a murder game in case we got REALLY bored...but no poker! GOobs and I'd like to get along for the weekend!

17. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    BBN and I will be up Friday night. BBN has Friday off I believe, and I might take a half day, but neither of us want to get caught up in peak hour traffic in anyway, shape, or form, so we probably won't be leaving Brisbane till 7pm or so.

18. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Good plan Loz, but you guys can leave before 4 and still get a good run.

19. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I was on the gateway last Friday going north at 3pm, the traffic was really, really horrible. And if I take a half day I don't think we can get away before 3pm.

20. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Fair enough. :)

In my day...

21. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    In your day, computers were only found at work? Dinosaurs walked the earth? Cars were big boxy things that had to be started by winding up the battery?

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    We respected our elders? :p

Long distance driving makes me incredibly sleepy, so I doubt I'll be able to make it. And given the appalling weather, I'm really limiting my driving currently.

Still, I know you all will have fun.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    We're actually going to be staying at Marcoola now; heard there was going to be a bunch of freaks running around Coolum...[face_whistling]
    Probably won't be up 'til late Sunday, so not sure if anyone will still be around then?

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    You are SO old MD!

:p

25. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I've confirmed Sunday off work, so I'll be there Saturday night, ready to put my ample couch-sleeping skills to the test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.