main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

November - what do you guys wanna do?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Not that we haven't been busy...just look at the event planning threads on jkoc.com

But I noticed that "upcoming events" section on the main page has been empty for a while. There's a couple possibilities:

*Youngstown guys could use some help with a Christmas Parade (November 20)
    *Mid-Ohio Con (Columbus) Thanksgiving weekend
    *For those not interested in a trip to Columbus...what do you think about a trip to Coventry and "Big Fun" and do some "Christmas shopping" for ourselves ;)

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Just to let you guys know, I will be attending Mid-Ohio Con on Saturday the 27th. It would be nice to see some of you there. :)

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I wish I could go.
    I have to work that weekend :_|

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Rosie, how long are you going to be in town during the holidays? I'd be fun to get together with you and scope out some east-side collecting favorites...not to mention I want to see the new "Collector's Warehouse"

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I think I'll have plenty of time to do that during my winter break. I should be home for about a month. :)

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'll be at the Mid-Ohio-Con, too.

7. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    There's a "new" Collector's Warehouse?

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    They moved.

9. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    For some reason I didn't get scheduled to work at second job on Sat. Nov. 27th. :confused: So I'm free to go to Mid-Ohio if you're going on Sat. I emailed Maureen to see if she's interested.

I'd be interested in visiting the Collector's Warehouse.

10. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Meh, I'm going home for Thanksgiving. I was SUPPOSED to be bringing Liz with me, too, but her evil director is keeping her on campus to work on the production.

Grrr. Stupid theatre people.

11. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    So is anyone besides Don actually going to Mid-Ohio this week? I've been talking with Maureen about going.

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Like I said, I'll be there all day Saturday. I'd really like to meet up with anyone going for lunch.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    So is anyone besides Don actually going to Mid-Ohio this week? I've been talking with Maureen about going.

Um... Er.... My car's getting new brake pads on Saturday, I might not make it to the show.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    EDIT: Forget everything I said about "not going"...I'll be there Saturday, riding with Malo-Ha. :D

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm going... helping OSWCC. I'll be hanging around the OG guys too... I'll give them your regards.

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just curious...EM and I were planning on going to see ALEXANDER sometime on Friday. Anyone care to join us for a movie???

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Wish I could, because I'd love to see it...but I'm spending that day with my sister (and we don't want to have to drive too far anywhere on that crazy day) and driving down to Columbus that night. Hope you two have fun though. :)

Anyone going to Mid-Ohio on Saturday that wants to see me can PM me for my cell or just try to spot me somewhere at or around Joe's table.

18. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    BTW...GREAT MOVIE!!!

ok so have we really thought/decided on something to do?!?!?!

It feels like we have to start to think about it in June for it to happen! :p

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I had such a good time today! Malo-Ha, thanks for talking me into going. While there wasn't much I was interested in seeing... I did find something to go with my TIE pilot costume (that I've wanted for a long time)
    [image=http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/95/32/WeaponsofSciFi/5/1e.jpg]

I know it's not SW (much less SW cannon) but frell it...it's just so darn cool!

Did end up wandering into Clare Kramer's autograph room, despite the fact that I have NO CLUE about her character from Buffy. Talked with her and her mother for a few minutes (both very nice people) and wound up getting a picture with Clare. It was the weirdest thing...I stil don't have an inteest in the show, but she impressed the heck outta me.

Good to see everyone from OG and OSWCC, as well as Joe Corroney and Jan (again)

We talked at Cheescake Factory (we had plenty of time) about going over to Big Fun" in Coventry sometime after Christmas and BEFORE new years.

20. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    You're welcome Krash. :D

mmmmmmmmm...cheesecake

It was great seeing Rosie and Joe again. We made sure he knew we liked his work on the comic and he did say something about working with Darkhorse again but I can't remember any specifics.

OG had a huge turnout. Everytime I turned around there was another person in costume. Krash was taking Maureen's picture with the Predator using her digital camera when Darth Vader walks up behind him and looks over his shoulder as he takes the picture. I was laughing to hard to get a picture of it but took Krash more than a few seconds to realize he had company. Vader had to start the breathing before he noticed. (An awesome costume btw)

I found an Ep 1 Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber with light and sounds. Fortunately I have C batteries and was able to test it out when I got home. Maureen bought the 12 Han with the Tautaun. I wasn't sure Krash was going to let go of it when we helped her carry her stuff up to her apartment.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I wasn't sure Krash was going to let go of it when we helped her carry her stuff up to her apartment.
    Nah, I was just using that as a distraction...for when I went for the Qui-Gon lightsaber (don't forget how I went for that first ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.