Pittsburgh, PA November?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Any plans? I know it might not be really close to everyone but there's a new mall that just opened in Robinson that I want to check out. I definately want to go see Monsters Inc., and not just for the AotC trailer. It's looks pretty good and plus I get extra credit for my 3D class for seeing it.
  2. Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where is Robinson at, and do you have the address of the mall. I'm in Indiana, and am always looking for roadtrip Ideas.
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Robinson Township is about 10 minutes from the Pgh Airport, it's on route 60 and 22-30.
  4. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    November is a killer month for me. Three family birthdays (two of which are children's parties that I have to help organize and run) and as a bit of a downer, my Grandmother's memorial service. Not to mention Thanksgiving. So chances are that I won't be able to make anything (although I hope that others will still do something fun :D )

Early December I could do . . .
  5. yodafett999 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm working out at the Robinson Township mall this week at the new F.Y.E. store, if you are out that way stop in. Look for Jeff :)
  6. Ghenghis_Rox Jedi Padawan

Happy Halloween everyone.
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    What is F.Y.E.? I was there yesterday but didn't see a store with that name.
  8. yodafett999 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a music/DVD/video game store. It's on the lower level by Sears. It's right below the food court.
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Let me guess it stands for "For Your Entertainment". I'm surprised I didn't see it I might be going again tomorrow. I have to get a second fitting for a tux for a wedding coming up.
  10. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Next month the Lord of the Rings comes out. I'm buying advance tickets for it anyone is interested in coing. It opens on the 19th.
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I am going to see LorRs as soon as I can. I am trying to find out if any Pittsburgh fans are going to meet for the first showing. Any news on something like that?
  12. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I found a line party section over at theonering.net. There was nothing there for Pittsburgh, so I started a line. Rox, do you plan to see FotR on opening night?
    http://www.theonering.net/movie/lineparty/displayList.php?id=256
  13. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, me and most of my family have been waiting for this along time.
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    any word from anyone else wanting to go? What showing do you want to see? Is it possible to get tickets in advance?

I picked up the sound track to the movie today, it's really good, especially the Enya tracks. I also picked up her new cd today too but I have't had a chance to listen to it yet.
  15. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Loews is already selling tickets in advance in some cities, but ofcourse, not here yet. If there ends up being a midnight showing the night before like Star Wars I would like to go to that one.
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    as long as tickets are available or we don't have to wait in the rain I'm game.
  17. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    A bunch of my friends and i are planning on going to lowes waterfront at midnight. We will probably leave downtown pittsburgh at 4pm on the 18th to get midnight tickets unless of course they go on sale early. But we will do the line thing to just let me know.
  18. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    uh, i signed up for the line thing.
  19. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Been out of the loop for a while, I got a new email address when AT&T went to it's own network. What showing are we seeing? What time are we meeting? The only reason I ask is so I can put it on the Fan Force main page.
  20. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Rox, I assume that you bought tickets to the midnight showing?

If anyone has reserved seating and doesn't think they need to show up until the movie starts, well, don't count on it! Since I worked there I could tell you numerous horror stories of them double and triple booking the reserved seating section. You have been warned!
  21. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yes I bought tickets I phrased my question wrong. What time are we meeting for the show is what I should have said?
  22. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    That's totally up to you. There may be a hardcore group of LotR fans who get there really early so that they can get decent regular seats and I don't remember if you have reserved or not? I am still waiting to see what I get from Decipher and WETA and then I will have to figure out how to distribute without looking too out of place, so that may factor in to what time I get there. I may just stick the stuff in the cup holders of seats if I get alot of something, like starter decks for a LotR card game, and then not be bothered with it. You will probably be able to hang out in the Loews Club before the showing and bull**** with everyone, though, I have no idea what you guys look like. In fact, by my count there is only one other person from here going.
  23. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I was going to show up around 9:30 - 10:00.

There may be a hardcore group of LotR fans who get there really early so that they can get decent regular seats and I don't remember if you have reserved or not?

I bought advance tickets so I'm reserved right? Is the theater giving stuff away? If it helps I'll be wearing a orange sweater with a blue and white horizontal line across the middle, I'm a white guy and i have a sort of amish looking beard.
  24. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Let me also clarify that there really is no line party planned, I just created one on theonering.net becasue there was no line in this area and by that time it was pretty late in the game, so only about 6 people are on the list. So don't come expecting a bunch of people dressed as Gandalf ;-) Maybe for the next one there will be time.

Oola, you may want to check with the theater and see how many tickets are available.
  25. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I just found out right now I won't be able to come. My car was waiting for a new engine and my mechanic just found one. I turn my car over to get fixed on monday and I won't have it for atleast a week maybe more. And I'm not taking two buses that late at night. Do you want me to post the show on the fanforce main page to see if anyone else is interested since this is sort of just thrown together on the fly? If you want me to let me know, it's still not late as long tickets are still available.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.