main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo November's Activity

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everbody,

What are your thoughts on an activity for November?

Here are some ideas...
    • Group Viewing of Episode II teaser trailer(s) - The first Episode II trailer(Trailer A) will debut in front of Monsters Inc. on November 2, Trailer B will be an Internet Only download on November 9, and Trailer C will first show in front of Harry Potter and the Sorcerrer's Stone on November 16. We could go to one or more of these films as a group and go for an Ice Cream after to discuss the trailer.

• Star Wars Game Night - CCG's, Video Games, Board Games, Trivia, Role Playing, etc.

• Episode I DVD viewing - We could watch the whole movie or just the extras or both.

• Book Reviews - We can all pick a book to read and discuss it at a meeting.

• Mini Fan Film - We could get together for a night to make a mini FanFilm spoof. Imagine the game show Jeopardy with Star Wars contestants. Maybe "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" for Imperial Credits? Or how about a musical?
    So what does everyone out there think? ?[face_plain] Let's hear your vote.

You have any other ideas? Let's hear those too! :D

Later,

2. Keighvin

Keighvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2001
    ...or a newscast spoof - that'd be great. Combine them.

"In other news, the galactic holonet hit 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' has announced that all Jedi are banned from competing. This most recent round of contestant elimination, begun with the telepathic Kclict race 3 weeks ago, continues to draw criticism from beings rights' watch groups.
    NGX5 news received only the following comment from the official Jedi Temple on Coruscant, from the whill Master Yoda:
    'Matters, this does not. Of greater importance other things are."

3. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    How about a viewing of Knightquest?

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the idea of mini-fanfilm, especially the musical. Has anyone here read Leia Miserables--the parody of Les Mis in the GFFA? Absolutely hilarious. I also vote for the games night.

5. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I think the Mini Fan-film would rock.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mike, you out there? Any thoughts?

7. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Ummmmm........duh........uhhhhh......yeah..........

I think any of those things would be cool. :cool:

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    How very coherent of you. :)

9. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Mini Fan-Film would be cool, but only if we're really planned ahead of time, otherwise when you get that many people trying to make up a plot on the spot nothing gets done (years of experience on that one ;) )

I wanted to go see Harry Potter anyway, despite teh fact that I'm sure they've butchered it... So my vote lies split on those two

10. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    OK I think I'll have agree with spoo.

11. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    On what part? That they're sure to have butchered Harry Potter? =)

If anyone's read the books you'll know the dread I'm talking about. They're really good books.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm going to see Harry Potter with friends for my 21st birthday (November 26) so I'd rather not see it before then.

13. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    I don't know... my seminary teachers are pretty good at making improvized videos. A couple of days ago they had a Mission Very Difficult video to help with class, in the "Isaiah Zone" of 2nd Nephi. It's quite cool. They did a Star Wars video once. Very funny.
    I mostly agree with Spoo though. We don't want it too look too old-school.

14. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    What are you talking about Andakin? I never said anything about old-school.

In fact, I'd rather if it were old school style, based on the story and good cinemetography instead of depending on postproduction to make a movie out of it.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Three words.

JEDI: THE MUSICAL

[face_devil]

16. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Oh boy...........

j/k ;)

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "Don't be frightened. I'm perfectly normal..." ~My mother's best friend's husband...

When I was 15, me and my brother actually wrote a song that would work for that. It was rather frightening, but it was for a school project.

18. Jedi-DoUrden

Jedi-DoUrden Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2001
    I know this is early for this idea, but since we are on the subject.

In December I think we should get dressed up obviously and hand out presents at a children's center or at the children hospital for sick and terminally ill kids.....or at both possibly.

I am sure these places wouldn't mind if we came and handed out the presents that were donated to them. I think this would be fun.

Maybe not to scare the kids we could all wear Santa hats on our helmets and custumes??

What do you all think?

As far as Novembers stuff I am up for the mini film.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awesome idea.

20. Jedi-DoUrden

Jedi-DoUrden Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2001
    Just throwing out ideas here for the spoof....

Jerry Springer show or like the Jay Leno show????

Sad I can't think of any other shows hahahah

This is an idea I had about doing a spoof see if you like it....

*Vaders true Death*(Just a sample title)

Show Vader walking into the Imperial Cafeteria going into the fridge to grab a burrito. Then cutt to a close up of his chest breather where it would show him push a button and it would open up like a microwaveoven. He puts the burrito into the micro wave oven and presses start. While he is waiting for it to finish show him looking around the cafeteria at everyone eating...he see's a cookie or something and uses the force to take it from them. You hear the microwave bell go off, he puts the burrito on the plate and goes to sit some where and it eat.

Cutt to a screen where it might say *Later that day*

Fade in on Vader walking down the hall of the Death Star, Storm Troopers following behind with the Imperial March playing in the back ground. A few moments later you hear the music cutt then a small fart and Vader stops and looks around.... all the troopers kind of falling into each other because of the sudden stop. He starts walking again music starts up where it left off(this happens twice) After the second one he starts walking again music picks up where it left off and a few moments later the music cutts again and you hear a loud big fart that kills all the troopers behind him.(on that last big fart show his cape fy high in the air??) Vader stops and as he looks around to see if anyone saw what happened. This time in between his breathing you hear a small couple of coughs and him waving his hand in front of his mask.

*close up of chest buttons*
    Under one button it might say "FAN" or something like that. When he goes to press it you hear it malfunction...some more couging... and now he's looking around despratley because his fan in the suit won't turn on leaving him with his own stench.

Then you see Vader start running down the hall way with his hand over his rear end. The Imperial March plays again in the back ground but at a quicker pace...and you hear his stomach churning while he runs down the hall.

Next scene would be him running up to a huge line for the bathroom. Have Troopers,officers, and other people on the Death Star waiting in line for the Porto Potty(those mobile bathrooms know what I am talking about?)

In the beginning of the movie we could show the second Death Star under construction before..the cafeteria scene.

Show him in line being very impatient pacing back and forth....then when no one is looking he uses the force choke on the next person in line and steps up like nothing happened...the person in front of him turns around and looks at him like he's crazy.

He keeps killing everyone in line untill he gets to the porto potty. Maybe show him puling out his sabre and cutting one person down....each person would suffer a different fate in Vaders desperate time. When he finally gets to the door he tries to open it and he see's it's "Occupied"

By now his coughing has gotton heavier and the stomach rumbling is more freqent. He's shaking the door back and forth with all his strength the guy in the porto potty is saying some thing like "Hey some ones in here!".

Vader continues to struggle...drops to one knee then the other coughing getting ever louder....hearing him choking....then in a weakened state he reaches for his light sabre to cutt the door down...but before he gets to it he crumbles on the floor breathing stopped...and dies.

Then the guy in the porto potty comes out almost trips on him...looks down and is surprised to see Vader dead on the ground and all these people scattered on the floor in front of him. Wondering what happened he gets an idea...he looks around to see if anyone is looking and robs Vader....maybe take his wallet or something...then give him a swift kick before he runs down the hall.

Sorry kind of went off there.....like I said this was just an idea that I was thinking about one

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Stares in mortified shock.:: That's horrible! I'm terrified. ::Runs to hide with her gas mask.

22. Master_Majaren

Master_Majaren Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    Yes Hello

I like the mini Fan Film Idea the would Be fun Pluse we Can Put a Line Dance Into it the would be a kick.

23. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I had pulled up a Jerry Springer idea way back when
    "Luke, we've got some news for you. Backstage, we've got your FATHER!"

Vader comes out and tries to give Luke a hug

"Luke... I am your father"

"That's not true! That's impossible!"
    Turns to glowing Obi Wan who was sitting next to him.

"Why didn't you tell me?!?" Picks up chair and throws it at him.

Vader steps foreward and blocks it with his lightsaber. He then puts his hand on Obi Wan's shoudler. "Luke, there is more you must know, I" -- Cut to static.

A shot of us getting up off the couch in Mike's living room walking away from a turned off TV, mumbling something along the lines of "That's the worst fanfilm I've ever seen!"

24. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    By old-school, I meant a kind of old 8mm home movie where they make it up as the go along. "Lets make a movie!" "Okay, about what?" "Ghosts!" And they start filming.

25. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    What's the word on the November activity? Is it still on (I'm only saying this because November is drawing to a close)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.