main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Now and Forever* - J/J Future AU Vignette--Romance ... Thank you for the Nomination!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Title: Now and Forever
    Author: oldjedinurse
    Timeframe: Thirty years after DNT (completely ignoring the possibilities of LOTF)
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords: J/J, Jaina, Jag
    Summary: Always in motion, the future?
    Notes: Vignette - Complete.

Disclaimer: I am merely playing in a park dedicated to the Lucas Empire. George Lucas owns everything Star Wars. He and a stellar group of authors own the many characters brought to life in books full of SW stories. I own nothing ? as usual.

~~~~~~

Now and Forever

The City of Coronet, Corellia?

The great hall overflowed with beings from across the galaxy and beyond. Many knew they owed their lives, and the lives of their families, to the man lying in state. Their visceral responses to his passing breathed grief into the massive atrium.

A widower for many years, he had also outlived nearly all of his once-ageless comrades. Han and Leia Solo, Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivian ? only Tycho Celchu and Luke Skywalker sat in the front row with his family. Myri and Syal, their husbands, children and grandchildren?Wedge Antilles? greatest joys?were heartbreakingly still, absorbing the strength of their friends to avoid drowning in sorrow.

A senior Admiral had just begun the ceremony when the last mourner slipped through the side door by virtue of the pips on his collar and medals across his chest. Positioning himself beside a stone pillar, the man?s piercing gaze searched the crowd until he saw her.

General Baron Jagged Fel didn?t need to see her face to know her. A few brandy strands still wandered through her long, silver hair. Watching her stooped shoulders and supposing that she was lost in memories of her hold-father, Jag wondered if she could still?would still?sense him in the Force. He fought to be still, to offer less emotion than the loss of his uncle demanded. It was not yet time for them to meet again.

He stood at attention until she rose from the bench to join her Uncle Luke. They supported his cousins, following Wedge?s bier out of the hall. Before the rest of the assembly could organize their exit, Jag quietly stepped once again through the side door.

His own hair glistened silver in the sunlight as the still fit and trim Baron hurried down three long sets of stairs to where the family was forming a processional. Coronet?s walkways were lined more than a dozen deep with citizens showing respect to Corellia?s fallen hero. Hurrying forward at a trot, Jag saw her head come up. She knew.

Jaina Solo swallowed hard. He?s here. He was Wedge?s nephew, after all. The two had been so proud of one another, despite the conflicts and sorrows that kept them apart for many years. Just as conflict kept us apart.

She felt him slow to a quick-march, before falling in step beside her. For several moments, uncertain silence hung between them. Neither was conscious of the whispers rippling through the crowded streets.

Its Jagged Fel. Did you see? He ran to catch up with her. Now they?re walking together. What do you make of that?

?Jaina.? Jag said quietly, without glancing down.

?I knew you?d be here,? she countered.

Jag sighed, his rehearsed speech completely forgotten. ?He was my uncle. I admired him greatly.?

Jaina looked up, then. ?You admired him??

The rebuke stung. Swallowing hard, Jag responded, ?Yes, Jaina. And I loved him, as I love my cousins, though I haven?t told them that often enough. Nor have I seen them enough over the years.? Just as I haven?t seen you.

She could feel tension and uncertainty floating like an expensive cloak around him. ?Jag, its been, what, thirty years since we?ve spoken?? They continued to march, with their eyes case downward, watching the passing duracrete. ?Is there something you want to say??

Jag realized he was shaking slightly. How do I say this. How can I say this? I don?t even deserve the opportunity?

?Just say it.?

Defeated by her Force intuition, he pressed fo

2. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    That was awesome OJN! I really liked how you did something different.

Way to re-unite. At a funeral. I loved how they still love eachother, after all those years. That was really really sweet!

3. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    A love for the ages...
    Not weakened by time....
    As strong decades later as it was then...
    A perfect viggie, Scrubs!
    Let's just hope it doesn't take the pro-fic writers THAT long to realize what we know...
    Love is timeless and should bare fruit.
    Great read!

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting and beautifully done.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Stellar viggie ojn. Time can pass all too quickly and so often truly great love can bridge the distance of time. I found this just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

6. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Hey, oldjedinurse :) . It's been a very long time since we last spoke and I read one of you're excellent stories. I just read this magnificent vignette and I love it. You really do write great J/J romance stories.

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh that was so great OJN [face_love]

As they say True love never ends ( or something like that ;) ) and it's showed in this great viggie :D

8. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Aww that was so cute. Hopefully it doesn't take them 30 years to finally talk to each other again, but I guess admitting that you're wrong about something like that. Great job oldj!!

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    You tricked me oldj.[face_shame_on_you]

Here I saw a J/J Romance piece from, whom I deem as, the Goddess of the J/J ship. That being so I was all excited to read a happy piece.

But what happened? You killed Wedge, one of everyone's favorite non-Jedi. And to add to that sadness you have Jaina and Jag not speak in thirty years. That wouldn't have been too bad had they not admitted that neither married. Normally I would say that was sweet, that if they couldn't be with each other they were going to be with no one. But 30 years of living on memories? That's just beyond depressing.:p

But you came back and gave them their dance. That was cute.

In true oldj fashion it is beautifully written and I loved it. =D=

10. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    That was beautiful! It brought a tear to my eye, it was just so poignantly written. Great job!

11. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    WAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! :_| :_| you killed wedge! what did he ever do to you??? just kidding :p i still love you oldj. :D

beautifully written oldj! i love jaina and jag's discussion of how each of them never married. so cute. i need to go brush my teeth that was so sweet. (walks off to brush...)

12. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Love doesn't discriminate between age and time. Beautifully written in every way. [:D] @};- @};-

13. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks everyone, for your funny and thoughtful responses!

Better replies coming later, as time permits today! [face_busy]

[:D]

oldj

14. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    That was really sweet.[face_love]

I love the way that they came together, and the absolute tradgedy of neither of them marrying or speaking for thrity years.

And then they danced, and it was so sweet it made me cry.:_|

Perfect vignette.=D= [:D]

15. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    You already know I love this, but since the boards are back up I thought I'd say so over here too. ;)

16. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    ?Having spent the Yuuzhan Vong war here, among the 'rebels', I realized that no alliance with a Chiss woman, on their societal terms, would satisfy me." This was it. "Such a marriage would never compare to being with you.?

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

What they had was here and now. Unexpected, yet nonetheless real.

I love it :D

17. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Jaina felt lightheaded. What is he saying? Her heart pounded a quick-step. Is he?does he? She examined his face, lined by years of command, framed with gray in place of black. He was strong and handsome still, with those piercing green eyes unchanged.

Unchanged.

Those eyes looked upon her now just as they had consumed her all those years ago. A gaze so deep that Jaina knew she could lose herself in what she saw there ? love.

He still loved her.

They were well beyond the age of youthful exuberance; of daring passion in vacant conference rooms. The past suddenly slipped away, all of it. What they had was here and now. Unexpected, yet nonetheless real.

And the future was never absolute.

Gosh, you had me almost in tears. Absolutely beautiful. [face_love]

18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Bravo! =D= Well done. I have always hoped these two would get back together.

19. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  20. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late [face_blush] Boards have been fussy.

?Jag, its been, what, thirty years since we?ve spoken?? They continued to march, with their eyes case downward, watching the passing duracrete. ?Is there something you want to say??
    Jag realized he was shaking slightly. How do I say this. How can I say this? I don?t even deserve the opportunity?
    ?Just say it.?

[face_laugh] I love Jaina [face_love]

?Before he died, my father came to admire what you did. He respected you for having the courage to act against everyone and everything you held dear. It took me a while, but I think I understand now, as well.?

Not surprising that Soontir would be able to see right and wrong even from within his Chiss uniform.

?There are even fewer humans with the Chiss now than ever. And the Chiss, well,? he struggled to put his feelings into words. ?Marriage with a Chiss would have been an extension of my military command.?

God, not to mention waking up to those creepy red eyes every morning! [face_worried] That would be horrible. Like waking up in bed with Satan.

They swayed together, dancing to the music of a gentle breeze through jesmin branches until the sun fell low, speckling them with golden radiance. Only then did Jagged Fel lean down to taste her lips, as if to savor a long-awaited sip of priceless, ageless wine.

That was so beautiful, oldj :) You've written such wonderful descriptions throughout this, really made it a joy to read. I also really liked the idea of Jaina and Jag reconciling after 30 years apart. I could see it taking them that long to let things go, and maybe just take that long for Jaina to get to the point where she's ready to settle down :p

Outstanding viggie :D Always a pleasure to read your fics.

21. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    That was absolutely beautiful. It shows the power of love and what it can over come. And it's a beautiful representation of the theory that time heals all wounds.

The interaction between Jaina and Jag once they saw each other again was heartwarming. The fact that she could still sense him after all of these years shows the great strength of their bond.

Brava@};-

22. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

I just finished writing replies to everyone and the boards crashed AGAIN!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Darth Boards!!!

[face_skull]

For now, I'll just say once again, Thank you all very, very much!!!

oldj

23. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    *sigh*

That was the sound of me utterly satisfied with your J/J goodness :D

Darling, you are the best! =D=

*wipes happy tears away*

24. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Only then did Jagged Fel lean down to taste her lips, as if to savor a long-awaited sip of priceless, ageless wine.

*sigh*

Beautiful ending to a beautiful story. =D=

E[face_good_luck]C

25. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    [:D] I'm always stunned when I make you--the Queen of J/J--teary-eyed! I appreciate your support and kind words, as always, TKL.

:) Thank you very much, EC.

There have been lots of misty eyes, tears and *sighs* here. It is always nice to know that you touch people's emotions with a story.

Thanks, once again, to everyone who stopped in to read this!

A special note of gratitude to everyone who nominated (and qualified) this little viggie for BEST ROMANCE in the SFFA's! I appreciate everyone who remembered it. @};-

~ oldj ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.