main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Wedge and Wes - I really cannot say much as that would ruin this ficlet

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Just so people are aware - this is not slash nor is it implied, it is just a ficlet about two friends, one of which always placed himself in the self appointed roll of bodyguard, and their last minutes together before becoming one with the Force.

Title: Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep
    Author: Wedge Antilles
    Rating: G
    Archive: Please
    Summary: I really cannot say much for that would ruin the story
    Disclaimers: I do not own the characters, they and their universe, are owned by George Lucas and all that I am receiving from this is the pleasure of writing.

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Wes Janson looked down at the still form that was snuggled up close to him and he felt a familiar ache in his heart for his love of the man who was closer to him than any other being in the galaxy. Gently reaching out he softly caressed Wedge?s forehead brushing his blood matted hair out of his eyes ? a gesture he had performed thousands of times during their long friendship ? one last time. Wes pulled the thermal survival blanket up around their shoulders ? not that it would do much good, his internal injuries were just too extensive ? as he looked over at the burned and ruined hulk of the shuttle nearby. Taking a deep breath, the Taanabian pilot closed his eyes: the rescue team found them three days later, forever together in death as they had been in life ? best friends, brothers. [/color]

2. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    :_|

That was so sad, and it was so sweet! *Checks books*

Whew! Wes and Wedge are still alive!

That last sentence - best friends, brothers - was so perfect. I loved it - it seemed to express it so wonderfully!

Great job, and I'm mad that nobody else has posted an answer!

3. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Shrink, may I call you Shrink? Thank you so much. I am actually working on a fic called Brothers at Heart that begins Pre-Yavin IV and then continues beyond - it is posted on the boards here some place :D . I have always gotten the feeling from the X-Wing books that the relationship between Wedge and Wes was different than any Wedge has with other characters - more than just comrades in arms - that they are more like brothers with Wes often taking on a protective role like an older brother although they are very close in age - Wes being older by only 2-3 months or so - as well as being best friends. Again, thank you.

Wedge :>o<:[/color]

4. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    i think i'm going to cry. i never thought of wes and wedge as best friends. it seems to fit them well. and if you post that fic i will read it.

Jez

5. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    No worries, Cmdr, I think more people should read this. It was great!

EDIT: I usually get Stormie, but I get Shrink as well, so it doesn't bother me which one you pick. :D

6. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    that was good Wedge.

But I think the whole brothers thing encompases Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, and Tycho sice the 4 of them all survived so much together.

7. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    Psycho: But I think the whole brothers thing encompases Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, and Tycho sice the 4 of them all survived so much together.

[color=006699]Your right Psycho, the four of them are close friends - best friends due to what they have gone through and faced together during their careers but not to the same extent as Wedge and Wes and that is in part due to how long Wedge and Wes have known each other.

Yes, Tycho, Wes and Hobbie all try to protect Wedge - SoA is a good example - but in IR you get a glimpse into how close Wedge and Wes actually are as friends when Wedge thinks Wes is dead and has to fight to focus on working with Isard?s people to strike back at those responsible and then when he finds out that Wes is alive and sees him - does his Ewok Happy Dance of Joy. I think if it were either of the other two, Wedge would have been just as upset/devastated over their deaths and happy that they were alive but I do not think he would have shown it with in the same fashion and with the same exuberance ? there is just something in their relationship that is not in present in Wedge?s friendship with Tych and Hobbs.[/color]

Stormie: Here is the link for Brothers at Heart ? I haven?t posted the prologue part yet which takes place from the time Wedge joins the Rebellion and Yavin IV but I will get that up today ? Sunday 14 March 2004 ? promise.

Brothers At Heart

8. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
  9. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    THIS WAS SO SAD. I'M GOING CRY AND I BETTER NOT- I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING HOMEWORK

10. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    MJSLSBS

[color=006699]Thank you for reading - just don't get your homework too soggy :D

11. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    nuh it wasn't too bad- my glasses got foggy though- *laughs*

12. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
  13. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    :_| ...But I guess if they're going to go, it is good that they are together.... :_|

It's beautiful, Brother dear.

14. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Thank you Sis. Personally, I can't see them going any other way but together - or at least with one by the side of the other when he goes.

I haven't told anyone why I wrote this but it all stems from my dad's passing last week - we were not close - I had not seen him in almost 19 years but his death still affected me deeply.

You once asked me if I ever hated anyone - I came very close to, and at times, hating him but he was still my dad...

15. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Ah, brother dear. I'm so sorry. My Dad is gone, too, but I lost him to Alzheimer's first before he really died. Peace be with you, Wedge.

16. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Thank you Sis.

17. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Great short story, Wedge.
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

18. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Thank you BigE - both for reading and enjoying my little ficlet and for your condolences.

19. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    My condolences as well Wedge.

and noone else has a username more suited to my manual sig. :p
    Yub Yub!

20. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Thank you Wes - or should I address you by your other name [face_devil]

21. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
  22. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Lank,

Thank you for reading - I hope you enjoyed it even if it did make you cry [face_blush]

23. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Sis,

I forgot to say it earlier - I am sorry that you too have lost your dad and in a way lost him twice.

24. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    :_|

Wow, that was amazing. So wonderfully done.

25. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Thanks Yubs :D

I was beginning to think that this was this little piece was doomed to die a slow lingering death deep within the pages of the boards.

Wedge :>o<: [/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.