main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now that it's all over.....

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mr. P, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    ... are you satisfied? Or are you hungry for more?

2. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Hungry. Very, very hungry. :D

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm satisfied with Anakins story.

Always hungry for more EU.

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I agree with that. Satisfied with Anakin, hungry for more EU!

Star Wars never ends
    /LM

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Satisfied with the Saga but, still hungry for the Universe, though I'm always open to Lucas doing 7,8, and 9 if he ever changes his mind.

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't believe it is over. Plenty more to come from George, I think.

7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Hungry for EU

8. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I'm happy with ROTS, but not satisfied with the PT overall.

9. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    satisfied (but I just had this dream that GL was making another movie and I was hungry for it)

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I want the DVD right away. I am starting to get sick of the theater audience and conditions. Yep, I didn't have any luck the second viewing around. This time the screen blurred as Sidious commands Anakin to kill the Jedi. I was the only one who bother to walk up to the projector screen and inform him what's going on. Also, there was some old dude (with kids- probably the only reason he went to see ROTS) and he constantly kept shaking his head and obviously acting unimpressed and bored.

Sheesh!

11. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I am very satisfied. I've dedicated a great deal of my life to this saga and it has been nothing short of a real treat all the way through.

Without a new Star Wars movie to look forward to, I do feel a little lost and sad. I've spent practically my whole life looking forward to these movies and now there is very little in the relm of Star Wars to look forward to. I'm sure that there will be many mornings, now and into the future, when I wake up and long that it hadn't ended.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

12. Darth_Mugzilla

Darth_Mugzilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2003
    I'm not really satisfied w/ Anakin's story. He wasn't hungry for POWER in the movie, he was hungry to save Padme's life. He should have wanted to be all powerful, for the sake of being all-powerful.

He didn't kill any Jedi. OK, he offed some "Womblings", but that couldn't have been too tough.

He only chopped Mace because he wanted to save Palpatine (For his knowledge) to save Padme.

After he found out he killed padme, his reason for turning had evaporated. Yeah, somewhere in his mind, he thought he was serving the Republic, and not an evil galactic empire.

I am still hungry. Hopefully a "Phantom EDIT of Ep3..." will quench it.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I was born in 1977, so the Saga has been around as long as I have. It was always comforting, and exciting to know there were more movies around the bend.

ROTS is amazing, I was wondering if the brilliance would wear off after seeing it a few times, but not so far...

I was a huge fan of the Clone Wars cartoons, and I'm really glad to hear they're continuing the episodes in a 3-D, half hour format. That way we can get some of our favorite characters in more zany adventures. :D

The TV show I am quite curious about, but not enough to moderate a spoiler-free forum. ;) It's not as big a deal as the movies, the Saga. This will be very interesting because it's the first time Lucas has given live action to someone else.

If Lucas allows for others to work on his vision, I'm pretty sure the result will generally be terrific.

For all the criticism he takes over SW, people still love it and the best and brightest will always want to work on it.

The results in *some* of the novels, the Dark Horse SW: Republic comic series, the Clone Wars shorts, and some of the video games have been outstanding.

I'm looking forward to the future of Star Wars...but not with the same huge weight of expectation and obsession.

14. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    For me, to sum up how I feel right now, I would have to say...the circle is now complete.

When I left Star Wars in 1983, it was as close to perfection as anything I had known. Sure, I was just a kid, sure I hated Ewoks, but the saga as a whole left me so excited, so inspired, that it remained in a special place in my heart.

Then the Special Editions came out. They had some cool stuff, but also some troubling signs. Then the prequels. I liked TPM, but something felt off. I enjoyed AOTC, but not to the level of the OT. Over time, I grew to doubt Lucas, and when I read the opening crawl a few months ago, I hated it. I swore off Star Wars for good. That was the lowest I'd felt about Star Wars in my life.

Now ROTS. It changes and molds Star Wars in a new and exciting way. It leaves me feeling like I felt in 1980 when TESB came out. Excited. Inspired. Wanting more.

Thus my circle is complete. It has been a turbulent last 9 years, but when all is said and done, my love for Star Wars is only stronger and deeper.

15. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I'm always hungry for SW. :p Concerning only the movies, though, I'm satisfied, but also depressed. For a big part of my life, I have been waiting for another SW-movie and it's weird to know that the wait is over now. I still haven't really understood that.

16. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I'm satisfied. Frankly I'm sick and tired of greedy and ungrateful fans crying on how they want more movies. I'm not speaking about the people in this thread, more of people in other forums. George has given us six great films, I'm content. Now it is time for him to move onto other projects, I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

-Seldon

17. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Frankly I'm sick and tired of greedy and ungrateful fans crying on how they want more movies.

I agree 100%. It's those kinds of people who ruined star trek as well to the point where it's a laughingstock because there was just too much of it. People kept eating it up even though it sucked, and they got what they deserved.

I say, we should stop while we're ahead :-D

P

18. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I never thought Star Trek sucked, I thought the last few seasons of Enterprise were some of Star Trek's best.

I'm happy with the movies, but I'm SO looking forward to the new book series.

19. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Sure, I'd like to see more Star Wars episodes. =D=

I privately wished George Lucas had done three more episodes after Return of the Jedi. The characters of Han, Luke, Leia, and others, would be too old for the episodes to be done now.

But, it is possible, if George is still around, or hands the Star Wars "baton" to someone else, to see more Star Wars films in the future. I remember how Star Wars went "underground" after Return of the Jedi, then, emerged from "hiding" with the Special Edition releases.

Maybe we'll see a repeat of that kind of Star Wars history. [face_thinking]

20. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I would love to see, if GL allowed someone else to explore the sw universe, put the story if Ulic Qel-Droma to digital print

21. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    I'm satisfied with Anakin. But I want more. A whole 'nother saga. Formation of the Republic.

22. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I'm plenty satisfied. I think that shows in how little I post nowadays. Frankly, with a few exceptions, the 'fan'base nearly ruined Star Wars for me. But now it's complete and I need not surround myself with all this negativity for quite a while. I'll most likely start posting again later (like when the TV series comes out), but for now, I'm pretty through.
    I'll always love Star Wars and I'll enjoy playing in the universe with the role-playing games, video games, etc, but I feel the story has been told. If the EU picks up in promising ways, I'll probably still read it. I'm looking forward to Dark Lord for example.
    It's weird though, knowing it's almost all over. Today marks 7 times I've seen RotS. I'll try to see it two or three more times before its run is over. An even ten viewings :p WAY more than the number of times I usually see movies in theaters (twice, three times if I really really really like it).

AotC: 8
    RotS 6 and hopefully counting
    TPM: 4
    Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2: 3
    Matrix Revolutions: 3
    Moulin Rouge!: 3
    ET SE: 2
    TTT: 2
    FotR: 1
    RotK: 1

23. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    When I first looked at your list, I thought the numbers were ratings (1-10) for each movie, and I had a good laugh at the LOTR ones.

24. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm very satisfied now that the movies are over. I have no real desire to start reading the books. EU never really interested in the first place. Do I want more movies? Well, I think the story is complete so it's best to end it where it is.

25. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Hungery, so very very hungery!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.