main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now that some time has passed... What Do You Think Of SWTCG?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by DarthJimmy2002, Jun 7, 2002.

?

Now that some time has passed... What Do You Think Of SWTCG?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Love It!

71.1%
  2. Intrested

5.3%
  3. Havent Tried It Yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Its Okay

10.5%
  5. Hate It With My Heart And Soul

13.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJimmy2002

DarthJimmy2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
  2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's as terrible as it ever was.

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    SWTCG loves you too Nathan.

4. Wurms

Wurms Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    Great fun game. I love it.

5. bond8089

bond8089 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    great game. Lots of action and heart stopping moments...just like the great Star Wars flix

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I can't see how that is, but more power to you if you believe that.

7. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Bib, everyone has an opinion so more power to us all, whatever game we like.

8. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I voted for "It's Okay." I'm already bored with the game. Not enough diversity or strategy.

And please, spare me the comments, "It's only one set! Wait for more sets to come out." Someone is asking for our opinion of the game NOW. And my opinion of the game NOW is "it's okay."

This is never going to be a classic CCG like Magic or Star Wars CCG. It's a fun, entertaining diversion, that's about it.

9. JediSaeseeTiin

JediSaeseeTiin Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    It's quick. It's easy to learn. A great game if you got 20 minutes to kill.

10. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm curious about why it's really needed to post a request to vote in this poll over at the "Rebel base?" Is it necessary to try and draw a crowd from that board to vote in this one? I wish both sides would let this issue rest. Your game won't live or die based on any vote outcome in this forum. Are you really that desperate for players?

Topic: New Poll About SWTCG at TFN

As Darksbane puts it over there.
    "Hey guys, please go vote in this thread. Positive exposure on TFN for this game could mean players on the fence will actually try the game out. They get alot of traffic from CCG player and non card players alike and the more cool we make the game sound the greater chance we can get some more players!"

And as Bacabachaui writes:
    "If you want to go vote and show your support, click here (edit:link removed)  You will have to register for a UserID  to vote, but it only takes a few minutes"

Gee... maybe a link to the poll over at the Decipher board might help to turn the numbers around and get some negative comments? What would that prove I wonder?

Restrainingbolt

11. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    Feel free to link to the Decipher boards, none of us is stopping you. There are just very few TCG player who even come to these boards (why come here where they are likely to get flamed when they could go to a friendly board) I stand by what I said though. There are alot of people that do visit these boards and the very one sided nature of the people here do nothing but skew the vote and keep alot of people from even trying the game.

12. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I don't feel the need to link to the Decipher board and don't intend to do so. I just feel it is fair to those "reading this poll", to understand just where a good number of the "pro" votes are coming from. This is what... the 5th or 6th poll on this issue, and the TCG hasn't won one of them yet. I suppose you won't be happy until you win at least one..

With respect to getting flamed. That may have been the case initially, but I haven't seen any negative comments in TCG threads in quite some time. Post your threads, and the CCG players will post theirs. If the post doesn't interest you... by pass it. Posting a poll of this sort is just asking for trouble.

Personally I'd prefer to see a line put through something as transparently rigged as this poll is. I still say, if you think this poll will really make a difference in the success or failure of the TCG, I feel sorry for players buying into the game. "The bottom line Is"... if it's a "good game", it won't need anybodies help. It'll take off "no matter" what anyone says about it on this board, or any other for that matter.

R'bolt

13. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Restraining Bolt, first this poll was not started by any of the regulars at the RB or any of the heavy SWTCGers.
    Secondly, this message board is a predominantly SWCCG board, because it was founded on that game. We know this because this has been thrown in our faces ever since those of us that dare like another SW game have tried to form our own sense of community here.
    Letting the 400 (Yes, that is FOUR HUNDRED) registered users at the RB boards that like SWTCG know about the poll is not in any way shape or form inappropriate and I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable to know that there are quite a few people who do not share your opinion of the game.
    We did not tell anyone how to vote, just let them know about it.
    You can post a link at Decipher boards if you want, or you can smugly say you don't need to, it won't change anything like you said. The game is still taking off like crazy (check your Ebay barometer if you like and you will see I am right)
    The reason that I did what I did was because the poll was posted on this board that has a heavier CCG preference (thus far). And despite what any of us here think, this TFN board is not a CCG board or a TCG board, it is a Star Wars card game board, as in all 4. And those coming to TFN are SW fans and may be fence sitters. Some of them may be swayed by a biased poll. (By the way, I advertised it on the SWTCG Rebel Base, Not the WotC site, so your Decipher example is poor at best)
    So I advertised the existence of the poll. If that bothers you so much that you went to the trouble of surfing a message board of a game you claim to hate in an effort to try to expose your imaginary scandal, then I'll turn your words back on you; "Are you really that desperate for players (to not play SWTCG)?" (Parenthesis mine)

14. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Look Baca. You are a moderator of sorts on this board. I'd expect better of you... but then again... your track record on this is somewhat expected. My suggestion is to keep polls of this sort off the board altogether. That would keep the two camps from going at one another.

R'Bolt

15. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Debate is not prohibited. Only when it turns into flame wars does it become a subject of possible locking. I am closely monitering this to prevent that. I am not going to be some kind of 1st amendment Nazi as long as the TOS are not violated. And so far it has not even come close to that.
    This is one of the more civil topics compared to ones in the recent past.
    And what do you mean "my track record?" My track record of liking the game and defending it against Trolls? Thanks for the comendation, I appreciate getting recognized for my hard work.

16. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Artie wrote:
    "I voted for "It's Okay." I'm already bored with the game. Not enough diversity or strategy.

And please, spare me the comments, "It's only one set! Wait for more sets to come out." Someone is asking for our opinion of the game NOW. And my opinion of the game NOW is "it's okay."

This is never going to be a classic CCG like Magic or Star Wars CCG. It's a fun, entertaining diversion, that's about it."

Yes they are asking our opininon of the game now, but you are also comparing it to two games that have thousands of cards.

There is quite a bit of strategy in this set already, and I discover more all the time.

Based on what I have seen of your posts of this game, I would have expected you to vote that way, and that's perfectly OK. But that doesn't make it a bad game.

Whether it becomes a "classic" or not, it is a fun game that will be around for a while.

17. Obi_One_Shinobi

Obi_One_Shinobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    i voted 'interested' which i am. i've bought enough cards to get a few mains and build a couple decks. someone(i don't remember who or where)posted that the game is more tactical than strategic, and i think they were 100% right. Wizards' game will never take the place of Decipher's for me(up until towards the end of their contract, the ccg was perfect), i am eager to see some of the stuff they come up with in the next few sets. i just wish they'd slow down a little on pumping them out. sheesh, give me time to collect one before you release the next one.

18. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Yawn ...here we go again. I'd say you're more of the WOTC's "poster child" when it comes to the TCG, Baca. Trying to rig the vote outcome on this board, by actively campaigning for votes elsewhere isn't exactly ethical in my book. If you want to hold a poll that involves your TCG and your RB members, hold it on your board.

And as far as your ebay litmus comment is concerned. The TCG has 453 posts as of a few minutes ago. Sure hope ebay isn't counting on these receipts to keep Wall Steet happy with their stock offerings.

And with respect to your comment about it making me uncomfortable, "believe what you will". Personally I find a number of the comments made by those RB members really "self serving" and "humorous" especially in the light of Darksbanes comments over at the Rebel Base.

And was it really necessary for you to respond to Artie-Deco's post? He specifically tried to express his opinion without having to have an editorial comment made in reference to it. Couldn't let that pass, could you?

This is my last comment on this issue in this thread. Wouldn't want to step over the TOS line and get banned. Not good to argue with a "moderator". I've made my point. Time to let others decide for themselves.

R'Bolt

19. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Was I rude to Artie? On the copntrary I respect his opinion, but I can still respond to his comments. That's what these boards are for, discussing.

I do not see anything you are doing that would even be close to being in violation of TOS, so I do not see where you are going with your trying to avoid being banned comment by not arguing with me, because it is not even an issue. I can only guess as to what your intentions are in trying to make it one.

I am not trying to start another war of the CCGs. I just publicized the poll and made people aware of the TFN boards and the poll. That is not wrong.

I only see one person making a big deal of it.

20. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    :)

Baca and I respect each other's opinions. He loves the game; I say more power to him, and to everyone who loves SW:TCG. He knows I'm lukewarm to the game, and he's always respected my opinion while politely defending his own.

Personally, I'd love to get more SW:TCG "Rebel Base"ers on this board. What better way to expose them to the wonderfully exciting world of SW:CCG -- or even Young Jedi? :)

But Baca, the reason why I say "this game will never be Magic or SW:CCG" is not based on the number of cards. It's based on the game design. Young Jedi, Jedi Knights, Pokemon, Harry Potter ... none of them will ever be Magic or SW:CCG, either. They just weren't designed to be. Even if they produced 10,000 X-Men TCG cards, it wouldn't compare to Magic or SW:CCG. (LOTR? Maybe ... but that's a discussion for another time and place!)

The main criticism of SW:CCG is that it is too complicated. The main criticism of Magic is that there is too great a disparity between the top players and the rest of the field. So WOTC obviously created a game that was relatively simple to learn and play, and that was designed to keep the playing field relatively level.

The options for this poll were kinda wierd. I purposefully did not vote for "hate it", though, because I do not hate it. I have plenty of room in my game closet for games that are fun just for the sake of having fun. This game meets my criteria of a "fun" game. When the next expansion comes out, I'm sure I'll pick up a couple of boosters, just for the fun of it. But I don't see myself ever getting as emotionally attached to this game as I have SW:CCG.

As I said, it's an okay game.

21. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    "Personally I find a number of the comments made by those RB members really "self serving" and "humorous" especially in the light of Darksbanes comments over at the Rebel Base. "

Heh, what exactly is self serving or "humorous" about my posts? You just sound "spiteful" right now. This board is not just for the CCG and niether are the polls just for current members of TFN. Because of the flames which used to go on here the TCG players have left. Sure not much flaming goes on now but that is because "you won". The TCG haters drove everyone interested in the TCG away to other boards. So now you can have your polls and be content in the fact that everyone hates the game as much as you do since you are the only ones left to vote on it. Asking people who like the game to vote here is not wrong. You are making it sound as if we are asking people to create abunch of different accounts to sway the vote. All we want is to let people who have played the game know about the poll and then vote how they wish. Whats so evil about that Restrainingbolt?

22. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Artie,
    Thanks for understanding the intention behind my response to your post. :)

I totally agree that SWTCG has a way to go to become as "epic" or "classic" as SWCCG and Magic. I guess I just think it is a bit early to know for sure that it will or will not do that, and just like what I see so far.

23. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I tried it out because my parents bought the starter set, thinking that it was the same as the CCG.

It is a nice diversion, but doesn't have the same depth as the CCG, so i voted for It's OK.

24. Blues

Blues Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2002
    I voted for 'I love it!' because I really like the game - and before anyone mentions it, I also like CCG and have done from it's initial release.

Can't wait fot the next expansion though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.