main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now that StarFest is over...DRAGONCON 2004!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Who is planning on going? I'd love to make it this year. I have about 4 months to make sure I have enough $$ for it, so I think I can make it.

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    All my extra money is set aside for C3. After that, I can start planning for future D*Cons. :)

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    And that's a big ditto from me. :D Too many things to do, so little time and money. Sheesh.

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I hope to go. i don't forsee any cash probs though. as soon as i pay off my 260 speeding ticket, im saving up for D*con!

5. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    As of right now I am going to try and save a LOT of cash for C3. I want to have enough cash to buy all the toys I see there ;)

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    of course, comic con is starting to sound way better now!

The OS released new information today on what SS will be doing at Comic-Con this year. Here's a clip of the Episode III-related stuff.
    On Saturday, Steve Sansweet, the Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, will share a glimpse Inside Star Wars Episode III. In addition to looking ahead to the movie, Sansweet will talk about the release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, as well as other events and Star Wars news. Fans won't want to miss this special presentation, as Sansweet has been known to throw in a surprise or two just for Comic-Con visitors.
    Saturday night, the Masquerade will offer the first-ever award from Lucasfilm for the best Star Wars costume. The costumer chosen by the judges to have the best attire from the Star Wars galaxy will receive a high-end licensed item as a prize. A hint: the prize ties together the upcoming Episode III with the original trilogy.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Sansweet will also be at DCon.

8. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    where is dragoncon at?

9. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
  10. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    wont be making that trip.

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    hhhhmmmm. I just dont know. I'm a little strapped for cash...like most of you I'm trying to save for C3. Maybe. I'll decide later.

12. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    whats next as far as local ?

opus ?
    mile hi ?
    anything else that could be a costume event ?

13. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm up for Opus, y0. MileHiCon's too far away (will probably go to that, too) -- without my regular geek fix, I might...start to become normal or something. :D

14. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    What is Mile High Con. Is it a big as StarFest?

15. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    MileHiCon usually doesn't draw the TV/Movie personalities that Starfest brings -- Fall is when most shows/movies are taping (that's what killed Starcon).

But it's decently sized. If you think Starfest is big, then MileHiCon would be medium-sized. All pale in comparison to Comicon or Dragoncon...except for the fact that HERE you actually know people.

Last year, Rachel and I were the only Troopers that went to MileHiCon. Everyone else was snooty and it "wasn't big enough" for them. :p Feh.

However, that's where we finally met everyone here face to face and had a blast. :D

16. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    And don't forget the Renfest! The Mountain Garrison should be there on June 26th.

17. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    So it is small. Are there usaully guests there, what activities are there? The only other cons I have been to was C1 and C2. Are there venders at Mile Hight Con? Where is it at? How much are tickets?

Tell me, I need to know, I must know, ahhhh im going crazy.

18. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    the vender room at mile hi is usualy the high piont of their activitys for me .

other than that is fun to hang out with the group .

the vender room has mostly fantasy stuff . not much sci fi

19. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    "Fall is when most shows/movies are taping (that's what killed Starcon)"

That's Starland BS by the way, there are lots of cons in the Fall that get big name guests, that was an excuse.

Details on MileHiCon at http://www.milehicon.org/

20. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Man it is more exspensive to get in than StarFest. I mean if you only want to go one day. Also it seems to be all authors. Do they have any cool guests?

21. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Nooooo!!! Starland fed us lies!!! I'm a victim!!!

Then why did they kill Starcon? I used to like having something to look forward to in Fall that would break up the harshness of starting school all over again.

22. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Common belief (rumor) is that it was to concentrate on their haunted house business in the fall (they make much more money on that than Starcon).

23. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Psh. Haunted House??? They really make that much more money on that?

Hm...well...without having to pay celebrity overhead...and just having to rent out a condemned house for a night and charge the same ticket price...I guess I can somewhat see that.

But still...OOF!

24. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Also it seems to be all authors. Do they have any cool guests?

Actually MileHi Con is more of a literary con...which is why the guests would be authors.

I did like the art show at MileHi Con. I thought it was actually better than the StarFest art show if by only a little...

25. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Only a couple of us actually bought tickets for MHC last year. We mostly used it as an excuse to hang out and get tore up. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.