main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now that the Clone Wars are over...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Hatter, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Are you satisfied with the way that Lucas fit the Clone Wars into the saga, leaving it mostly to EU? I think it was a brilliant move, IMO. It ensures that the EU novel and comic writers will have juicy material for years and years. (I imagine that EU writers and fans were jumping for joy when they saw that the Clone Wars would all be EU)

Besides, having one of the movies take place during the war wouldn't have worked. The Clone Wars were a very disjointed series of conflicts, and it wouldn't have amounted to much more than what we saw in the animated series, Obi-Wan and Anakin planet-hopping.
    One film couldn't have shown the entire conflict anyways, as Lucas doesn't jump around the timeline during films.

I know that some people wanted Episode II to be set during the Clone Wars, but I think that the material available now is more satisfying than a single film would have been.
    What do you folks think?

Strilo edit: We already have threads for what went wrong with the Prequels. This thread quickly turned into that.

2. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm not satisfied. I'm full of anger and hatred now. If Lucas cut out some of the filler stuff from eps 1 and 2, he could have fit the openning clone war battle into episode 1 and continued the war until its ending in episode 3, but it would seem the architect would rather had the eu create exciting war, no exciting STAR WARS stories rather than himself.
    If E3 feels a little rushed, then that is the reason. There was very little forethought going on here.

What if Padme fell in love with a great warrior instead of a wimpy cry-baby. What if she had a hand in some of the battles, gaining valuable war exeperience that she'd pass on to here daughter. And so much more for only $19.95

It would have been... like Clone Wars. Fast, exciting, intense...

Ballsy.
    and
    Rousing.
    and
    Dazzling from start to finish.

Oh well..

3. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Yeah I don't like that the CW are relagated to secondary media, instead of the backdrop for the PT.

I also don't like that the actual clone wars were about fighting against robots.

I'm fine with the stormtroopers being clones, but the jedi and the stormies should of been fighting against mandalorian clones.

4. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    EP II should of been dedicated entirely to the clone wars. Instead we got this lousy, crappy love story.

Ever since OB1's and Lukes scene in ANH discussing the Clone Wars i wanted to see what it was about.

Then i get young boba and jango.

Ugh.

At least the cartoons and the novels/comics gave it some justice.

CLone

5. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    well if Ep1 and Ep2 had been reversed, then ep1 could of ended with the federation launching its clone soldiers out into the galaxy and the sith escaping.

then ep2 would of been anakin and Obi-wan going to naboo to liberate it from the federation, as part of the clone wars, and during the middle Obi-wan finds the stormtrooper army while anakin is romancing Padme, then it could end with the battle of naboo, like TPM, but instead of gungans fighting the federation it would be general kenobi leading the stormtroopers, and anakin fighting the sith apprentice, then it could end in victory and be happy.

then ep3 the emperor could turn the stormtroopers against the jedi now that the federation was defeated.

6. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I love you scumb. you understand me.

[face_laugh]

CLone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.