main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now that Wizards of the Coast has discontinued its star wars products,

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Loupgarou, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Where would you want to see the Miniatures an RPG lines go? Who, in your opinion, is the best candidate as the next designers and distributors? What system should the next rpg base itself on? What scale of Minis would you want? Would you want blind boxes again or something more like 40k, or single minis Anima tactics style?
    Go crazy.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I want the standard mini scale, either the same as WotC or WEG. I hate blind packs--plain blister packs please. I want a variety--some classic heroes, some generics. How about the templates listed in the various books? Between the main book and Heroes&rogues, there is a huge variety of character types, not counting aliens.
    Variety of each alien: If I buy a 3-pack of ewoks (because I'm dumb), I want 3 completely differnt ewoks. If I buy a 3-pack of wookies, how about a wookie engineer, a wookie bountyhunter, and a wookie co-pilot
    The only time I don't care if all the figures are the same is Stormtroopers (and I guess clonetroopers), because they are supposed to be all the same.
    I want lots of different droids! Protocol, probot, R-series, mse-6, power-droids, pest-control droits, battle-droids (guess we have to have prequel crap), repair droids... in fact, go through "Fantastic Technology: Droids" and give us everything in there.
    And a mix of static and dramatic poses please.

I like the old Call of Cthulhu and some of the WhiteWolf packs where they give you 2-3 of the same person in different poses.

3. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    ^^^Agreed, all.

I'd like to see more minis of the characters presented in the artwork of the books, whoever picks up the license. I'd also like to see more minis made to reflect the canned campaigns/adventures that get released. If you're going to feature some great monster/character/vehicle in your story, and the game is designed to be played with minis, shouldn't there be a mini for that monster? I think it'd be really great if the as-yet unnamed RPG company released those blister packs to coincide with the online or print release of each chapter, perhaps even packing them together and throwing in the "Galaxy Tiles" needed for that chapter.

I hate blind packs because it becomes too expensive to run a simple campaign with the characters/monsters I've chosen and I end up having to substitute with a mini I don't really like or I have to bite the bullet and shell out big bucks for something as simple as a scout on a speeder bike, or worse, a pair of them.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I'd be interested in Rafm for characters and FASA for ships & vehicles.
    For a lot of things we can cheat and use legos, but that gets distracting as people I game with also like to build... Well, You can imagine.

5. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Any word out on who had the new license and when we can expect to see the next edition?

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    No, other than Bill Slavislek has LEFT.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Personally, I'd like to see some dungeon sets, ala Mage Knight. They don't need to be much, but having some wall and floor tiles, along with props, would be nice.

8. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Well, since Imperial Garrisons are supposed to be modular...
    Actually, so are a lot of ships...
    Yeah, decent scale battle mats/maps shouldn't be too hard to develop.

"I look like a Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight" --Harry Dresden, Changes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.