Now that you've seen the movie. Was being unspoiled worth it?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rogue_wookiee, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukecash Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, oh god yes, it was worth it.

I followed everything just fine... and the SURPRISES!

My god, Lucas ALWAYS manages to pull things off in a way that you don't expect im to.

My first Star Wars film was unspoiled(trailers only), and my last one was largely unspoiled. (Trailers only)

It was great!
  2. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Most definitely.
    I barely knew a thing, so the shocks were pretty heavy.
  3. TurnedJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Absolutely, every twist and turned were shocking surprises for me, almost to shocking.

The spoiled ones never get a chance to see the film without knowing a thing, but we will. Our second viewing is like their first one.
  4. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did stuff happen I did not know about or anticipated? Not really. I mean we all knew every Jedi would die, except for Yoda and Obi-Wan. We all knew Padme had to die. Although not knowing every single aspect of the plot always makes a good first experience.
  5. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    No. I was quite spoiler free, yet I still hated it.
  6. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yes, it absolutely was worth it. I think I was less spoiled for this movie than I've been for any of the previous ones (OT included), and it was wonderful. There was one big plot point I'd been spoiled about (more than once, thanks to stupid JC trolls as well as my own stupidity one time when I clicked on something I probably should have known not to), but even that in the end turned out not to be as revealing as I'd thought. The shock of a lot of the sad scenes in this movie would have been lost on me if I'd known how they would play out.

(Spoilers. Highlight to read.)

Order 66, for example. I had no idea things would play out the way they did. I had thought the Jedi would at least have the chance to go out fighting. It just about killed me having to watch Aayla Secura getting shot in the back and the younglings being slaughtered like cattle. :(
  7. Durwood Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Being unspoiled is always worth it. I see threads with people complaining that such-and-so scene was missing and what have you, but watching the movie without this knowledge, I honestly couldn't tell that anything had been cut. Revenge of the Sith is a brilliant piece of cinema.
  8. slobadog Jedi Master

star 4
    yes it was worth it.
  9. BauconBatista Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.