Now the biggest question.

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by Spide143, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spide143 Jedi Padawan

Now that we have seen them all, where does EP3 rank in the Holy Saga? Please list in order of best to worst. I am going right now to rewatch them all before I decide, what do you think?
  2. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Watched them all.

ROtS
    AOtC
    ESB
    ANH
    ROtJ
    TPM

For me it's a hard decision between The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones.
  3. DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Knight

star 1
    1> ROTS...just because this movie kicks a$$. Full O.
    2> ESB....used to be the all time best.
    3> ANH....it was my first step into a larger world.
    <5 ROTJ...it was a completion, or so I thought.
    >4 TPM ... Star Wars is back! Everyone was excited.
    6> AOTC... We all had a new respect for Yoda.

I love them all. My first 3 choices are firm. Choice
    4,5,and 6 could easily be rearranged.
  4. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    1a. ESB
    1b. ANH
    1c. ROTJ
    2. ROTS
    3. AOTC
    4. TPM
  5. DarthGuido Jedi Knight

star 1
    1) RotS
    2) ESB
    3) ANH
    4) AotC
    5) RotJ
    6) TPM

I kept coming up with Sith and Empire as a tie til last night I remembered not liking Empire all that much when it came out. It's just been in the last 10 or 12 years where it became my favorite of the original trilogy. Sith just rocked from the first viewing.
  6. Spide143 Jedi Padawan

After further review,(watching them in order 1-6) this is what I'm feeling right now:

1.ANH-1st movie I ever saw. Being three years old, sitting on the top of a van with a drive-in speaker in my lap made quite an impression.

2.ESB-Biggest character-builder of the films.

3.ROTS-Anakin's fall, The birth of the most famous villian in cinema history, nuff said.

4.ROTJ-Could have used less Ewoks and more "Jedi-ness" for Luke. But alas, as the French say, "fin."

5.TPM-Good balance of action and development. Could never be the stand alone that ANH was. It is however the ringside seat to the mistakes made causing the birth of the Empire.

6.ATOC-Lots of action, could have shown more with Obi-Wan and Anakin relationship-wise.

I love all of them and this list is by no means firm for me. Just where i'm leaning right now.
  7. Mando_Ithorian Jedi Padawan

Darth Spidey,

My personal list matches yours almost exactly, with the exception that I'd put Phantom Menace in last place. Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks A New Hope is far and away the best movie ever, let alone the best of Star Wars.

I saw ANH (which I confess I still think of as simply "Star Wars" to myself) when I was eight, and it cemented itself as "best ever" in my mind at that point. No other film could ever make that kind of impression on me again, and I knew it at the time.

Empire was a close second, partly because it is so great, and also because we were all so happy that there really was finally MORE Star Wars. Sequels/prequels are completely normal now, but at the time, Good Ol' George had not yet established that the lightning could indeed strike twice. (Let's face it, if the Hollywood types had gotten their way, our beloved characters would have immediately been spawned off into a TV series, possibly taking all of the steam-out-of-the-sails for movie purposes. The result would no doubt have been a weekly show the quality of Holiday Special, or worse, so ESB came as a big relief.)

Just speaking for myself, I was initially surprised to see so many of the other films ranking so high on others' lists, but as I consider this, I'm glad it is that way. Who wants to be in a club where everybody else agrees with them all the time? It's much more reassuring that each of the films has its own life, and different people can see different things in them, irragardless of exactly why you like one film more than another. Diversity begets strength. So please, feel free to not be me! :)
  8. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just because one STAR WARS film is above another in our lists doesn't erase the fact that the lists actually go like this . . .

STAR WARS (Episodes I-VI), then everything else !

Yea! I love STAR WARS ! ! ! :D
  9. Spide143 Jedi Padawan

Right on Swampsurfer! I think we ALL agree on that one.
  10. DarthRender Jedi Master

star 3
    1) Star Wars
    2) ESB
    3) ROTS
    4) ROTJ
    5) AOTC
    8) TPM
  11. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    My List:
    1. A New Hope
    2. Empire
    3. ROTS
    4. TPM
    5. ROTJ
    6. ATOC

Ubi
  12. jmayeux Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just watch them in order and love every bit of it!!
  13. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    jmayeux wrote:
    Just watch them in order and love every bit of it!!

Soon my young friend this will be achieved in my big comfy chair.

But, patience we must have.

ubi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.