Now Valentine's Day is going to suck

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Jay, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I went over to my girlfriend's house today 'cause she said she wasn't feeling well. So I say hi, and sit next to her. A few minutes of idle chat followed, then she said, "I need to tell you something."
    "OK."
    "I don't think I can go out with you anymore."
    "What?"
    "I like you, but not as anything more than a friend."
    I'm rendered speechless by the last thing in the world I was expecting.

Apparently, she liked me as a friend, and thought she would develop deeper feelings for me. She said she liked as more than a friend for a time, but not anymore.

But, hey, on the bright side, I'm not obliged to get anything for her for Valentine's Day, or her birthday, which is three days after.
  2. Endermunkee Jedi Master

star 4
    Now you can "play the field", though. Yes.

//feels stupid

Sorry, Jay. :\
  3. Ender Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Those chocolates you were going to give to her can now contribute to your arterial sclerosis.

There's always a silver lining.

4. Mike_Mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hate it when that happens. What is it with women anyways? You will never hear a guy saying "I just want to be friends."
  5. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I prefer to find Duct Tape linings. ;)

Thanks for your sympathies.

The thing is, this came totaly out of the blue. I mean, if we weren't getting along or something, I could see something like this going to happen, but this was a complete shock. Everything was going great, I thought. That's what I get for thinking.
  6. Beowulf81 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think just about every guy has had that phrase directed at him. Too bad though. Sorry. I expect you to be the first person to post in the Valentines day thread now. Or at least to post the most times.
  7. Endermunkee Jedi Master

star 4
    Bad boy, Jay. Didn't your parents warn you about thinking?

Tsk.
  8. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    If she was truly devious, she would have waited until after the flowers and candy to drop that little nugget on you.

Not much of a silver lining...
  9. Crimson Force Ghost

star 4
    She probably found someone else more suited for her, and she didnt have the tenacity to be honest.
  10. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, probably at some point, every guy has heard or will hear it. But, before today, I'd never heard it directed at me before. There's a first time for everything.
  11. DerthNader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If it makes you feel better, Jay, I hope she gets something nasty (but curable, let's be nice here!) from her next encounter.

Women can be idiots...
  12. M-RdotM-A-N Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think its your relations with duct tape that ruined it...Yeah choose tape over a girl....stoopid stoopid man...
  13. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, Herman Snerd, that's why I'm actually kinda glad (not really glad, but less mad than I would be) I found out as soon as possible.

Crimson, I know she hasn't found anyone else. Well, now that I think about it, before about 4:30 today, I knew I wouldn't hear that line out of her lips, so I suppose anything's possible.
  14. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    With stuff like this, you "know" so much for sure, right up until you find out the opposite is true, usually when you least expect.

15. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know, DerthNader, I don't wish any ill upon her. I figure she can't control her feelings anymore than I can mine, so if that's how she feels, I still respect her enough abide by her decision. I don't know if I can be just her friend, though.

M-RdotM-A-N, before today, if it came down to her or Duct Tape, I just might have chosen her.
  16. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Better now than 2 years down the road... thousands of dollars and all of your heart, later. [face_plain]
  17. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jay, a new adventure begins tomorrow for you. Enjoy it. :D
  19. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I hate it when that happens. What is it with women anyways? You will never hear a guy saying "I just want to be friends."

well my boyfriend whom i started off with as friends , just said that :(
  20. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My new adventure: seeing if I don't totally blow it next time I see her. ;)

We started out as friends, then we were more, and now we get to see if we can go back to being friends.

And, speaking of tomorrow, I need to head to bed. Man, it was so easy to sleep in her arms. :(

Sorry to hear that, SithLeia. I can say that I know how you feel, and understand your pain.
  21. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
  22. PadmeSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm so sorry SithLeia and Jay. :(
  23. Jedi Master RussDog Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, all I can say is at least she was nice about it, thats the best kind of break up you can hope for, buck up smoke dog.
  24. Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Valentine's Day always sucks for me.I don't have a gf and I don't really like chocolate.
  25. Jedi Master RussDog Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh and I said I want to just be friends, and trust me, I'm quite the man. And things were going well also, same type of situation but with the roles reversed.

I simply wasn't into the relationship, and it wouldn't have been fair to her for me to go on in the relationship acting like I was into it, thats the worst thing I could have done, sans cheating on her which I would not do.

It takes two to tango, and she just decided she wasn't so in to the beat of the drum, thats the way dating goes, and at least you don't have any reason to hate each other.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.