main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Now Valentine's Day is going to suck

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Jay, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.J. Zanzibar

B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 7, 1999
    Been there, too. Except it was the wife after 8 years of being together (dating and marriage), and she said she wanted us to be "roommates". That first Valentine's Day was murder. Get this, she sent me an e-mail message confessing that she and her new boyfriend had taken a shower together. The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure she didn't drop that bomb to rub it in, but was just telling me about her day.

2. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    See now thats evil.

3. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Last valentine's day, I had discovered my now ex-wife had met someone online while I was serving my country overseas just a few days previous, then flowers arrive at my doorstep for her, then she tells me she never really loved me anyway.
    I headed out to the local mall to grab lunch, only to be confronted with gazzillions of couples fawning over each other in the food court, decided to go for a walk, encountered many a starry eyed zombie stumbling along with gifts and chocolates under their arms for their other halves, so I decide to go take in a movie.
    I stopped by the liqour store on the way to pick up a bottle of bourbon for that night, which I was going to spend with a friend getting nicley smashed while playing video games, and take that into the theatre with me in a bag.
    I figured, who would bring their girlfriend to a cinema to see Dungeons & Dragons at 2:30PM on valentine's day?
    Well, it seems that a few did, but not to see the film, I was on my own amongst a dozen couples in the cinema, and I was also the only one there to actually see the movie, which sucked big time I might add.
    the solution? I poured most of the bourbon into my large coke, and started throwing things at the couples at very inoppurtune times.
    mind you, this year will be different, very different indeed. :)

4. DarthBane81

DarthBane81 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    This happened to me to last year. My girlfriend told me out of the blue she just wanted to be friends. And just like Jay, I never saw it coming. It was really strange though; I was quite calm and rational about it, at first. She was really emotional because she didn´t want to hurt my feelings, and though SHE broke up with ME, I ended up comforting HER. That was probably one of the strangest things that ever happened to me.

But a few hours after she broke up with me, it finally ´clicked´ in my head that it was over between us, and then I felt terrible.

I couldn´t bear seeing her for a couple of months, but after that time, I realised that I missed her friendship. Now we´re just good friends. So, what I´m trying to say is I understand how you must be feeling right now, but if you give it time and you want to badly enough, you can still be friends with her.

5. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    See it's not so bad, there are plenty of fish in the sea, and who knows, they might be kinkier ;)

6. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Amen. ;)

Jokes aside. I'm sure most of us have been on both sides of the fence before. 20+ years on earth later, and some of that Karma is gonna come back a'knocking.
    At times like these, you can always turn to music to ease your woes, or go on a rebound or whatever, but life goes on. She/he wasn't the one for you, if he/she was, then it wouldn't have turned out this way.
    Well, enough wisdom for this month... :p

7. B.J. Zanzibar

B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 7, 1999
    Amen, DB81. The MLK Friday before that first Valentine's, my ex-wife sent me an e-mail saying that she'd had sex with the guy she'd just started dating. I think she was thinking confession was good for the soul. At first I was filled with a strange sense of freedom and elation, so I snapped off a quick e-mail congratulating her on finding someone. To give you a hint about how out of my mind I was, I even encouraged her to talk about her evening. We'd been separated since the previous March, after all. But about an hour later it all came crashing down on me, and I spent the better part of the long weekend wallowing in abject self-pity. After the V-Day incident the following month, I laid down the law that she was not to discuss the specifics of her romantic life with me anymore.

8. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    yes, guys too can use the "just friends" line. but anyone who doesn't want to be with you is blind for not seeing your wonderful qualities, and really isn't worth your time as anything more than a friend anyways.

9. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    Yeah, Russ, about her telling me the way she did, I'm kinda glad. She told me to my face, not in some letter or something, and it could have been a whole lot worse.

DarthBane81, I'll probably end up doing pretty much the same thing you did.

There's no way I can say for sure what's going to happen, but I know I feel better today after a few hours sleep.

10. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    Aw, Jay, hang in there!

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    "Wait a tick, that means I'm single again! Oh, behave!"

12. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    Nothing like a woman scorned for duct tape.

Seriously, imagine the courage she had to dredge up to tell you that. In the long run, it's better she said something now, and not played along, while secretly miserable. You know, like my parents.

13. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    Just wait until you find her going down on some redneck hillbilly with two front teeth only a week later. [face_plain] :mad:

14. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    "You will never hear a guy saying 'I just want to be friends.'"

Yes you will :( Over the summer I was going out with this really wonderful guy, with whom I had previously been friends, and he said how happy he was that we were together...and then the next day he said "I think we should just be friends."

"The thing is, this came totaly out of the blue. I mean, if we weren't getting along or something, I could see something like this going to happen, but this was a complete shock. Everything was going great, I thought."

Yeah I know how you feel...it was the same way with me.

And then of course school started and I had an elective with me so I had to see him every single day and I really wish'd I could just avoid him.

15. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Thanks, Ben.

Jedi_XandMan, I know, and knowing that does make it a bit better.

Waning Drill, if that happened, after I saw it, that hillbilly just might be missing those two front teeth.

That sucks, Cailina. I don't have any classes with her, so if I tried, I could probably do an ok job of avoiding her.

Thanks everyone for your sympathies and stories. You've all helped me sort out my own feelings quite a bit.

16. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    *Sniff* Poor Jay :(

17. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I can get someone to kill you(or her) if you like.

;)

18. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Anyone want to add to the "Jay needs a good Single-Malt Scotch" fund? ;)

*throws in a few bucks*

*takes a bit out*

I'll be needing a good drink that day too. [face_plain] :(

19. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    While it is hurtful now, it could be worse.

proposed to her (and she accepted) and then six months later she tells me she's sleeping with a friend of mine.

I'd have rather she killed me than to tell me that and then the inevitible "we can still be friends" crap.

But seriously, I'm over her.

20. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Valentine's Day SUCKS.

21. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Don't worry, I have a bottle of Scotch. 12 year old. I've been partaking. Not too much, though, 'cause I have school.

22. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Come over to my house on friday night and I can give you a very very very old bottle of sctoch... whiskey.

It's as old as the day I turn 21. ;)

23. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Pass the scotch, man.

24. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    While I was in Scotland, I picked up a bottle of 23 year old Scotch. Cost me £70, and it's 60.80% alchohol. I don't plan on opening it right now, though.

25. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    On the bright side staying friends with him meant I got introducd to more great bands paritcularily Iron Maiden :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.