Now Valentine's Day is going to suck

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Jay, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Okay, then just pass me a scottish man.
  2. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    i never cared for Valentine's Day either, except for the candy. my problem is why have one day for all the love stuff? you can do that all year around.
  3. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    O.K. Here is a sure fire way not to get your Valentine's Day to suck.....

Buy a bunch of Valentines at the drug store. Sign them and go to your nearest homeless shelter, home for the mentally ill,
    retarded kids/adults home, nursing home, home for the aged, hospital, Veteran's Center, etc.
    Talk to the people in charge and say you'd like to distribute some Valentines to people who probably won't get any.
    Distribute cards to folks they recommend. Maybe stay and chat and get to know the folks a little.

If you try this, instead of getting drunk and feeling sorry for yourself, I guarantee you will have a great Valentine's day and probably have made it nicer for someone else as well. :)
  4. Valiowk Chosen One

star 6
    Better now than later, Jay, better to find out now before Valentine's Day comes along.

I'm sorry to hear this, but I hope that things will progressively get better for you.
  5. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    saerah, I'm part Scottish, and I'm single now, will I do? ;)

Isbeth, that sounds like a great idea, but I highly doubt that I will get drunk and spend all the time feeling sorry for myself.

Yes, that's true, Valiowk. I'm already feeling a bit better. I've decided that I care for her too much to let her just waltz out of my life, so if I have to be just her friend to keep her around, that's what I'll do. I plan on telling her tomorrow. I'll see how it goes.
  6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    good luck tommorow Jay. ;) btw, very nice idea, Isbeth. :)
  7. Valiowk Chosen One

star 6
    Best of luck for tomorrow, Jay! :)
  8. Son of Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Aw, Jay ... I'm sorry, man. :( You've seen me in similar situations, and it sucks that it happened to you...

*slides a pint or three down your way*

I'm glad to see that you're weathering it okay, and you're a big man for wanting to stay friends, and having value for your friendship. I applaud you for that.
  9. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awww man Jay, I'm sorry to hear that. It's always tough when something of that sort happens, and in times like that you've simply got to step back and tell yourself, "The way it has worked out, she must not have been the one for me."

All it means in the end is that you'll have to look a little longer, but the final person will be well worth the quest.

Keep on trucking....
  10. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for the wish of luck, DarthTunick and Valiowk.

You'll never see me turn down a pint or three, SoK. Thanks. :)

Yeah, Tell. I've stepped back, tried to analyze how I really feel, and let the emotions and everything filter through my mind. I figure she can't help the way she feels, and I know she didn't mean to hurt me, but sometimes the truth hurts. If she wants to be my friend, I'll give it the best shot I can, and time will only tell what will happen. If we are able to stay friends, then we should be really good friends for all we know about each other.
  11. Son of Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    lol. You're welcome. :)

Telly's on the money ... the right girl will be unwavering in her feelings toward you.

But I hope things work out with you and this femme being friends.
  12. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Yes, best of luck, Jay ;) You sound like you're dealing with it as well as you can be...but what do i know? ;)
  13. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
  14. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I'm dealing with it the best way I know how. I could let myself get mad, and just shut her out of my life completely, but I know that would hurt her -- and probably me, too -- and I think we've both hurt enough.
  15. legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

the main thing is not to push it. everyone reacts in different ways. some people need space to distance themselves from the "more-than-friends relationship" before working on a "just friends" relationship. other people work better jumping right into being friends. it's hard when the two people heal differently, but it's important for both sides not to push.
  16. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, PB :p
  17. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I talked to her today. I pretty much told her that I like her too much to let her out of my life completely, so I'll be her friend to keep her around. She seems happy with that. It felt weird for me after that, when we were just talking about other stuff, but I suppose I'll have to get used to it.
  18. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hang in there, buddy. The right one will come along someday.
  19. DESERTJEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey jay, listen to vader it will happen you just need the patience. It worked for me I thought I had the guenniss book of records for girls dumping me. and I married a very beautiful wonderful woman.
  20. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, I know that, its just how it came completely out of the blue and shocked the hell out of me when I thought everything was going so well. I'm actually feeling kinda better than I thought I would be, and a whole lot better than I was.
  21. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Lots of love for you, saerah.

:p
  22. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know what you mean, Desert. I thought I had the record, not for being dumped, but for getting the door slammeds in my face with a tacful dreaded phrase like : "I don't want to lose your friendship" or "You are too much of a nice guy".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.